News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"The Next Stoner Movie" (2009)

Started by JoeyGowdy, January 02, 2009, 04:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeyGowdy

There's a new movie in-production "The Next Stoner Movie" (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1270848) and guess who's hemi-orange clunker car is going to be outfitted with the "Stoner Mobile" wardrobe?  :yesnod:  For those curious enough to be reading this, the 420 replaces the 01, Weed-Flag replaces the Dixie-Flag and the "Stoner Mobile" replaces the "General Lee" :2thumbs: from what I am told it will be the hero car of the movie and the "Stoner Mobile" wardrobe will be high gloss magnetic stickers to coverup the "General Lee" scheme.
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Mopar2Ya

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

mikepmcs

too bad you can't see the video unless you have IMDB Pro. 

If it's you, congratulations, although I would have hoped my car would be in a different genre of movie.  Yeah, that's right, I went there!

Who stars in the movie, beside the gowdymobile?
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

JoeyGowdy

Thanks, yeah it's mine, if all goes to plan it will be like "Dazed and Confused" meets "Half Baked" meets "Puff the Magic Dragon"  :cheers:
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

teamroth

Joey, I checked out your stuff previously, are you involved in the making of this movie also?
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Mike DC

I don't mind a goofy stoner movie but I wish the GL wasn't associated with it.  Go ahead and do a 70s-style street machine if they want, but don't too closely reference the GL in particular.

It just reinforces the "laughing at them, not with them" mentality that Hollywood takes with something like Dukes.  It really sums up why Warner Bros will never handle Dukes right again unless it's done by an outsider. 

Ghoste

IMO, a late 70's Camaro or Firebird is a better depiction of the classic stoner ride anyway.  That or a van.

Mike DC

Yeah.  An F-body from the Burt era, or a van.  Or even a C3 corvette. 

500hp_440

someone should be shot for this, not really but a nice whoopin is in order
they better not wreck one or ill go to hollywood and shove my charger so far up that writer's bum hell be flushin pistons till he's 6feet under
i pray this doesnt go to the movie set or they use 73 and 74 chargers thatd be fine
Let it alone^.

RallyeMike

Quoteor they use 73 and 74 chargers thatd be fine

:fu:

I think they should use YOUR Charger  :nana:
1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

WingCharger

Quote from: Ghoste on January 02, 2009, 08:12:36 PM
IMO, a late 70's Camaro or Firebird is a better depiction of the classic stoner ride anyway.  That or a van.
:iagree:

Those stoners riding around in primered up Firebird's would be better :icon_smile_big:.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: RallyeMike on January 03, 2009, 01:43:16 AM
Quoteor they use 73 and 74 chargers thatd be fine

:fu:

I think they should use YOUR Charger  :nana:

heh                How about one of those big cordoba type two door charger/daytonas from the mid seventies, a gold one, jack it up in back with big meats, headers/side pipes, and a big peace sign on the door,     they go around and blow prius's off the line and leave em in a cloud of smoking tires smoke show while laughing their asses off in a new stoner way. 
    :angel:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

bull

Why do you keep posting links we can't access? Maybe you should cancel your Robbie the Robot order and buy us all IMBD Pro so we can see what it is you're talking about?

SeattleCharger

how bout these? 

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on January 02, 2009, 08:10:51 PM

I don't mind a goofy stoner movie but I wish the GL wasn't associated with it.  Go ahead and do a 70s-style street machine if they want, but don't too closely reference the GL in particular.

It just reinforces the "laughing at them, not with them" mentality that Hollywood takes with something like Dukes.  It really sums up why Warner Bros will never handle Dukes right again unless it's done by an outsider. 

:o :o :fu: :fu: :image_294343: :image_294343:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Mike DC

Yeah, so it's goofy of me to care about the image of "Dukes" at all.  Sue me. 

I know modern sports car guys who think the same way about our entire Detroit musclecar hobby.  They think it's pathetic that people ever started restoring these cars at all.

teamroth

It's all completely subjective. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but that's it. Nobody stopped to think for a second that maybe they won't wreck the cars, and it could renew the hobby a bit. Maybe add some new owners to the ranks that could save a few more cars, and fight off Pelosi's stupid idea of cash for clunkers program.

I especially like our new 16 year old "badass" who decided he will drive his non-running 500hp charger up a writer's ass. Haven't learned anything yet have you youngster? You just keep letting your mouth write checks your ass can't cash...Brilliant
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

jb666

472 R/T SE

Quote from: Ghoste on January 02, 2009, 08:12:36 PM
I was the only one with a Camaro back in those daze and didn't grow a mullet until I bought my first Mopar.  But yes, Camaro>stoner

Quote from: bull on January 03, 2009, 02:30:41 PM
Why do you keep posting links we can't access? Maybe you should cancel your Robbie the Robot order and buy us all IMBD Pro so we can see what it is you're talking about?

I usually avoid his threads for that very reason, but this one made it to 2 pages so I had to peek, (like a train wreck).

elanmars

i like that people get so uptight about the charger destroying franchise dukes of hazard so much...please, they were running moonshine, womanizing and even had hookers in that first season.

what makes the dukes fun is that they weren't just "good ol' boys"...that show wasn't wholesome in the slightest.

and i see people complaining about movies like death proof or even the so-so fast and furious franchise for destroying chargers-and yes, it sucks but really, come on now-the dukes tv show has them all beat by 500 miles.

i just wish hollywood would crash more gm and fords, since there's so many of them.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

SeattleCharger

Quote from: elanmars on January 12, 2009, 01:52:49 PM
i like that people get so uptight about the charger destroying franchise dukes of hazard so much...please, they were running moonshine, womanizing and even had hookers in that first season.

what makes the dukes fun is that they weren't just "good ol' boys"...that show wasn't wholesome in the slightest.

and i see people complaining about movies like death proof or even the so-so fast and furious franchise for destroying chargers-and yes, it sucks but really, come on now-the dukes tv show has them all beat by 500 miles.

i just wish hollywood would crash more gm and fords, since there's so many of them.

Hey elenmars,  I made it through the first five pics of your photography link and I had to compliment your album.  first two pics hot models, and the car pics after that, great angles and framing and lighting, 
really great car pics man :2thumbs:    :musik010:    :drive:

"loves his '73 se 400, sweet destroyer of the asphalt seas.

check out my photography: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomasbot "

Mike DC

Quotei like that people get so uptight about the charger destroying franchise dukes of hazard so much...please, they were running moonshine, womanizing and even had hookers in that first season.

Yeah, but the DOH characters were idealized versions of what they portrayed.  Not the same thing as focusing on the rougher aspects of it all. 

This might not seem very important to an outsider but it can be HUGE to the core audience.

It's like the difference between the movie "Friday" and the video game "GTA San Andreas."  They both portray life in very much the same time & place, but with VERY different tones about the whole thing from start to finish.       

SeattleCharger

yup,  and Uncle Jesse was a saint, and they stood by family,  good values,   except bad boss hog, he wasn't a nice person

Mike DC

When the first season of DOH was released on DVD, a newspaper reviewer wrote this description:

"In the definitive satire of the American class system, marxist rural revolutionaries Bo & Luke battle capitalist oppressor Boss Hogg with a little help from the tattered trousers of cousin Daisy." 

Ghoste

Tattered trousers.....mmmmmmm.... :drool5:

Had a lot of dreams about Daisy's tattered trousers back then.

SeattleCharger

what paper was that in?            " . . . marxist rural revolutionaries Bo & Luke . . . "     :lol:

elanmars

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on January 12, 2009, 06:20:22 PM

Hey elenmars,  I made it through the first five pics of your photography link and I had to compliment your album.  first two pics hot models, and the car pics after that, great angles and framing and lighting, 
really great car pics man :2thumbs:    :musik010:    :drive:

"loves his '73 se 400, sweet destroyer of the asphalt seas.

check out my photography: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tomasbot "

Thanks for the props and checking the pictures out! I really appreciate it! I hope to have some more up soon, as I had my Charger in another car show and have tons more pics to edit. I just need some time! haha.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography