News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hey World or Warcraft® people...I have some questions

Started by AKcharger, January 03, 2009, 03:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AKcharger

I hear it's a popular game so I suspect some people here play it...anyway here's some questions:
-Is it a game you win or it just keeps going?
- Is it based on Dungeons and Dragons
- How many levels are there?
- Can your "character die or do you just keep respawning
- What is the draw about it? I hear of people literally playing themselves to death?

Tilar

You do not win in WoW. It just keeps going. It's like Dungeons and Dragons in the sense that you build your character up in levels, skills and tradeskills.

I think it goes to level 80 but I'm not sure. I played it for a short time leveling to I think level 32 but my Son still plays it.

Your character can die in a fight, but you respawn as a ghost, and you have to go retrieve your corpse before you can fight again. I think all you have to do to get your corpse is to enter the zone that it was in.

The draw is the number of people that play it. Yoiu make friends just like you do on this message board, only you can talk to them, fight beside them and work together in real time.

I've never heard of anyone "Playing themselves to death"

The only mmorpg that I play is Everquest. I started playing it 2 weeks after launch. I'm pretty much a casual player. You can go to level 85 in Everquest but my highest is 63. I have one character that will be 10 years old in May.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

BB1

Run away, don't buy it. It will ruin your life. Aaaaaahh
Delete my profile

AKcharger

I don't plan to. I did hear of people having heart attacks playing it and  one true life story one of my troops had an issue with child care because his wife just played that game and didn't take care of their kid. I think in WoW she was some uber princess warrior that everyone wanted to "spawn" with vs. real life as an overweight house wife with a kid...I guess the princess warrior seemed better :loser:

RD

i play POTCO-Pirates of the Caribbean Online... i like sinking ships.. WoW.. never got into it.. there is a funny clip on youtube though.. type in "leroy jenkins" in youtube and watch the one where there is a group of WoW players in a circle deciding about whether to enter a place to fight some monsters
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander