News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What The Heck??? New 2009 Charger Concept?

Started by A383Wing, December 30, 2008, 12:54:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

Amazing isn't it, how much intrest there is in correcting Dodge's Mistake?..  :lol: That "Thing" looks like total crap, it's too flat in front for one...

Mike DC

If Dodge has been listening to everyone's main gripe about the Charger since 2006, then we'll get a copy of the present Charger but with only 2 doors. 

That'll make everyone happy, right?

:pullinghair:

Ghoste

Almost everyone.  :icon_smile_big:  My complaint has always been much less about the four doors and more the styling of the grille and side profile.  Thats just a personal opinion based on individual taste though so there isn't much to fault Dodge about that.  I was pissed about Trevor Creed and Chryslers reaction to the fiasco too but that water has long passed the bridge.  I'm also close to swallowing my opinion on the styling too and getting one just to thumb my nose at all the anti-Big 3 rhetoric.  I had my wife talked into a Challenger but I think she's back to wanting "practical".  We'll see.

moparstuart

Quote from: gasoline_24 on December 30, 2008, 10:01:01 AM
But it doesn't have round taillights.  Everyone knows a Charger must have round taillights.
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

NorwayCharger

AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

69chargerboy

I just threw up a little in my mouth just now...  I'd prefer the new 4 door to this concept.
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Mike DC

QuoteAlmost everyone.  icon_smile_big  My complaint has always been much less about the four doors and more the styling of the grille and side profile.  Thats just a personal opinion based on individual taste though so there isn't much to fault Dodge about that.  I was pissed about Trevor Creed and Chryslers reaction to the fiasco too but that water has long passed the bridge.  I'm also close to swallowing my opinion on the styling too and getting one just to thumb my nose at all the anti-Big 3 rhetoric.  I had my wife talked into a Challenger but I think she's back to wanting "practical".  We'll see.

My original comment was intended to be sarcastic.  IMHO everyone has been basically wasting their breath complaining about the 4 doors.   

The factory is listening to us about the new Charger at least a little bit.  I think the Mopar hobby has been collectively wasting the opportunity to influence the car by lobbying for something that we'll realistically NEVER get. 

We should be talking about the styling IMHO.  That is something that we actually stand a chance at changing. 

quapman

I'm gonna sound like a broken record (remember THOSE?), but

NO MORE WHEEL FLARES !!!

Not related to this car, but lose the fugly crosshair grilles, too. THOSE ARE FOR 300's ONLY. Duh. Chrysler 300 icon. duh. duh.

They DID get the grille right on the Challenger, anyway.

Two more pennies for the college fund.

Steve

Mopar2Ya

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

500hp_440

Let it alone^.

Back N Black

Quote from: Mopar2Ya on December 30, 2008, 07:29:20 PM
No, this is the new Charger.

:D

What is that? A Mustang with a charger front clip.

Steve P.

Why can't they just speck out a 68' and shrink it by a foot?? Keep the coke bottle lines and give it an updated interior. Maybe some handling options...

AND MAKE IT A 2-DOOR...........
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

Mopar2Ya

[/quote]

[/quote]
Yeah, that's the polite way of saying it.   :eek2:

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

Mike DC

Roll a '68 up to a typical modern sedan and it's not even very big anymore.  It's a mid-sized chassis with excessive (to modern designers) overhangs at both ends. 

Compare the wheelbases & rough dimensions of the old Challys & Chargers next to the new ones.  Our old Chargers are the size of the modern Challenger. 

MoparManJim

Quote from: Mopar2Ya on December 30, 2008, 08:04:40 PM

[/quote]
Yeah, that's the polite way of saying it.   :eek2:
[/quote] 

heck, I won't be polite about saying it. That thing is still ugly! The car still has a turtle nose on it. Now they are trying to cross breed the cars to!  :shruggy:

MoparManJim

Quote from: WingCharger on December 30, 2008, 09:41:32 AM
Found this on Google:

Doesn't look that bad. A bit too rounded. Needs to be more boxy like the originals. :icon_smile_big:

Now this car looks way better then the other thing does. I love the lines on this one alot. It even looks like a charger.  :yesnod:

Silver R/T

might be o.k. for 5 yr old kids r/c car but as a real car it would be hideous.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Bobs69

It's offensive, obnoxious and just way to loud!  That thing would stick out like a sore thumb.   :2thumbs:  It's good.

Nacho-RT74

thats not the charger concept...they are begining with this:

you know... playing with Lego blocks maybe will discover HOW A CHARGER REALLY IS...

next step was this:
http://lego.bldesign.org/models/?n=5

step by step I think they will learn
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Charger1970

From ALLPAR.com:

The next generation Charger is expected to merge the styling of the current version with a more classic look from the famous 1968 Chargers, one of the most stylish vehicles ever built. Ralph Gilles also is reportedly keeping the 300 fairly blocky and similar to the current version. Expect aerodynamic concerns to be of primary importance. The Hemi is to continue. Further gearing and transmission changes will raise gas mileage further, and more appropriate automatics are being investigated. The Challenger convertible is on indefinite hold.
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

Mopar2Ya

The million $ question: Will the next gen LX(or whatever they will be) have the Dailmer drivetrain(trans & rear)? The stock SRT8/Dailmer trans burns up w/abuse or added power, I feel has a lot to do w/the computer nannies(super soft slippie shifts).

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8