News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Tow company rant

Started by Silver R/T, December 30, 2008, 12:54:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver R/T

I had my truck towed....after I got it stuck going to work the other day. Long story short, they damaged my bumper and when I asked them what they will do about it they said they will think about it and give me a call. Over a week I've received no call from them. I have informed my insurance company and opened claim same day when I picked up truck and noticed damage. I have $500 deductible and Ive just paid body shop to fix it.
It would only be fair if tow company would pay for damages. They're trying to avoid it and I have yet to talk to claim agent again about what they have told him. I will be also filing a complaint with a BBB against that particular tow company.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

C_stripes

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

Silver R/T

Point being tow company not stepping up and paying for damages. Im not sure what to do at this point, I'll try to have my insurance company negotiate with them. If not, maybe I could take it to small claims? I don't feel like suing anyone but I don't think I should be taken advantage of either.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

1969chargerrtse

I think it's easy to see your point.  You get stuck with your truck.  You cll towing company.  They damage truck.  You end up paying deductable!  I'd be upset also.  The tow company owes you money.  Shouldn't they uf paid to fix it through their insurance from the start?  Not sure how to get it from them now.  Maybe others have an idea.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

quentin

That definitely sucks.  I'd first try to pressure your own insurance into helping you out.  They have the expertise in this area, and you've been paying them a nice premium for protection of (kinda) this sort.  They should "want" to help you here, because they have a case to be made for their expenses above your deductible too.  Hopefully the towing company's insurance and your insurance are not the same company.

But if no satisfaction there, and the towing company continues to blow you off... small claims court is probably your only realistic option.  $500 is a close call.  For that amount, I'd probably choose just to be mad verses litigation time and paperwork.  But you're right on principal, and it might be worth the effort for that reason only.
'73 SE, 400, 4 barrel with 3 on the tree

mikepmcs

Silver,...sorry about your truck and your not so caring tow company but I have another question, if I may.  How bad was the damage making you decide to pay a $500 deductible and initiate a claim.  Surely you could have gone aftermarket with a whole new bumper kit for less than that, am I crazy here.  I'm guessing maybe you wanted record of the incident so you could prove it to the tow company, etc.... 
Any other damage to the truck when you stuck her in?

I always took great care when I was loading a wreck/towing when I worked at the body shop.  Treat others the way you would want to be treated, right.  People just don't care anymore. :rotz:

Good luck, hope you get reimbursed.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

ITSA426

I took one to conciliation court for my step son.  He had no confidence but was thrilled to see the system work.  They brought their insurance agent and a lawyer and it was just my step son and I.  We got the money!

Silver R/T

Quote from: quentin on December 30, 2008, 07:16:38 AM
That definitely sucks.  I'd first try to pressure your own insurance into helping you out.  They have the expertise in this area, and you've been paying them a nice premium for protection of (kinda) this sort.  They should "want" to help you here, because they have a case to be made for their expenses above your deductible too.  Hopefully the towing company's insurance and your insurance are not the same company.

But if no satisfaction there, and the towing company continues to blow you off... small claims court is probably your only realistic option.  $500 is a close call.  For that amount, I'd probably choose just to be mad verses litigation time and paperwork.  But you're right on principal, and it might be worth the effort for that reason only.
I wonder what would be fees for small claims court. $500 is a big chunk of money for me.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

quentin

Quote from: Silver R/T on December 30, 2008, 04:19:07 PM

I wonder what would be fees for small claims court. $500 is a big chunk of money for me.

I see you're in Washington... found this link via google:

http://research.lawyers.com/Washington/Washington-Small-Claims.html

Looks like your fees are $29.  You probably have to pay someone to serve the papers too... maybe 50 to 75 bucks.  If you win, these fees are added to your judgement.  Collecting is on you, but you can file to garnish if necessary for a very small fee.  Lots of good information at that link.  I hope you don't have to go this far, but if so, I hope you get your money.
'73 SE, 400, 4 barrel with 3 on the tree

500hp_440

buy a winch for your truck so it doesnt happen again
Let it alone^.

Silver R/T

Quote from: 500hp_440 on December 30, 2008, 05:23:18 PM

That is good idea, hopefully I will when I get my money. Of course you can't winch to anything if you're in the middle of nowhere.

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

500hp_440

Quote from: Silver R/T on December 30, 2008, 06:08:59 PM
Quote from: 500hp_440 on December 30, 2008, 05:23:18 PM

That is good idea, hopefully I will when I get my money. Of course you can't winch to anything if you're in the middle of nowhere.
i got a winch for my jeep with mounting plate for $500 pulls 8k so there not to bad, or go for used
or invest in lockers ($300 for full time)
it sucks todo but you can winch with out a place to hook it, it takes 3 big boat anchors, its a beach runner trick
Let it alone^.