News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

EZ-Pull

Started by Bob, December 31, 2008, 09:47:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob

Well I heard rumor of a huge ez-pull in North East Pa. New Ring gold, Pa.
Ok, I decide to drive the 120 miles to check the rumor that they had 20 acres of the 300 plus acres of old cars and even a bunch of Mopars.
After driving out in the sticks I finally found it. 300 plus acres of cars. 2 bucks to get in. I ask where the old cars were and they said straight down the hill. From the top of the mountain I could see tons of old cars near the bottom. Needles to say I was excited. You know what I mean, hopes that there is 1/2 a dozen bulge hoods, a couple hemis, a complete RT, you know the deal. Now keep in mind it's ice and snow still in upper Pa. My 2 wheel cart and 150 pounds of tools slipped all the way to the bottom.
It was about 5-7 acres of old cars that should have been crushed 20 years ago. One 74 charger that was so picked clean the only thing left was the opera windows. Yes I did try and get them out. Disappointing for any Mopar goodies but the yard as a whole was amazing. 300 plus acres of cars, trucks, vans, rv's, tractors, you name it, it was there. It's so huge they have a shuttle bus running through it to pick you, your tools and parts and take you back to the gate. Forklifts running around to assist anyone. All vehicles are tilted up on huge cement blocks so you can get to everything. They even had a restaurant there. You know the kind, dirty, nasty looking, cats hanging around the back, but great food. You know, someplace that Nacho thinks is classy.
Cat, the other white meat.

PocketThunder

That got me excited just reading about it.  I need to get out more and find some old junkyards that i have known or heard about over the years as well.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

WingCharger

Might go check it out when I get my drivers License. Wouldn't mind getting the HEMI's or the Bulge Hoods. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:
And PA isn't that far from me.

MapQuest says 9 Hour drive.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: WingCharger on December 31, 2008, 10:10:20 AM
Might go check it out when I get my drivers License. Wouldn't mind getting the HEMI's or the Bulge Hoods. :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I hope the drivers license test doesn't require reading  ::)

FWIW I remember going to Harry's U-Pull-It in Hazelton, PA about 10 years ago.....came upon a CHERRY 3x green '69 Dart /6 car.  Even had the keys in the ign, trunk key, orig spare with the nubbies still on the tire....  Picked a few things off of it, then a loud horn blasts & a huge forklift operator yells at me to stand clear.   Blasts both his forklift blades into the side glass & proceeds to pick it up & place it on a large pile behind the gated fence....its "time" was up....they rotate stock every 2 weeks.....oh well.. :'(
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikepmcs

:rofl: Ok, that was funny.
Sorry Wing but you gotta be on your game around here bro. :2thumbs:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Bob

Quote from: mikepmcs on December 31, 2008, 10:24:14 AM
:rofl: Ok, that was funny.
Sorry Wing but you gotta be on your game around here bro. :2thumbs:
:smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol: I did not say anything because I knew someone else would.

Bob

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on December 31, 2008, 10:21:49 AM

FWIW I remember going to Harry's U-Pull-It in Hazelton, PA about 10 years ago.....came upon a CHERRY 3x green '69 Dart /6 car.  Even had the keys in the ign, trunk key, orig spare with the nubbies still on the tire....  Picked a few things off of it, then a loud horn blasts & a huge forklift operator yells at me to stand clear.   Blasts both his forklift blades into the side glass & proceeds to pick it up & place it on a large pile behind the gated fence....its "time" was up....they rotate stock every 2 weeks.....oh well.. :'(
That's a shame.
The EZ-Pull I normally go to in Spring Grove, Pa had a 73 Charger minus the buckest and console. I did mangae to grap the rally dash and a bunch of other stuff. Old Mopars are very hard to find in scrap yards up here in Pa. It probably has to do with the 300 trillion tons of salt they put down when a snow flake shows up.

PocketThunder

Quote from: Bob on December 31, 2008, 10:41:24 AM

That's a shame.
The EZ-Pull I normally go to in Spring Grove, Pa had a 73 Charger minus the buckest and console. I did mangae to grap the rally dash and a bunch of other stuff. Old Mopars are very hard to find in scrap yards up here in Pa. It probably has to do with the 300 trillion tons of salt they put down when a snow flake shows up.

Oh C'mon Bob... 3 hundred trillion tons!!!  :o    :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Bob

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 31, 2008, 10:55:37 AM

That's a shame.
The EZ-Pull I normally go to in Spring Grove, Pa had a 73 Charger minus the buckest and console. I did mangae to grab the rally dash and a bunch of other stuff. Old Mopars are very hard to find in scrap yards up here in Pa. It probably has to do with the 300 trillion tons of salt they put down when a snow flake shows up.

I might be a little low since I don't have the stats readily available.

nh_mopar_fan

I recall seeing a really large yard on the left when I was on 84 heading west not long after I crossed the border into PA from NY.

Is that still there? Is this the one you guys are talking about?

PocketThunder

Quote from: Bob on December 31, 2008, 11:05:10 AM

That's a shame.
The EZ-Pull I normally go to in Spring Grove, Pa had a 73 Charger minus the buckest and console. I did mangae to grab the rally dash and a bunch of other stuff. Old Mopars are very hard to find in scrap yards up here in Pa. It probably has to do with the 300 trillion tons of salt they put down when a snow flake shows up.

:rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   I though Minnesota was bad, it sounds like you guys have it worse.

Bob

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on December 31, 2008, 11:32:01 AM
I recall seeing a really large yard on the left when I was on 84 heading west not long after I crossed the border into PA from NY.

2401 Summer Valley Rd
New Ringgold, PA 17960
(570) 386-2171

1. Head northwest on Bittle Rd toward Baltimore Pike/PA-97  0.5 mi
2. Turn left at Baltimore Pike/PA-97  7.9 mi
3. Turn right onto the ramp to Harrisburg  0.3 mi
4. Merge onto US-15 N  33.9 mi
5. Take the exit onto PA-581 E toward I-83 E/Hershey/Harrisburg  2.2 mi
6. Continue on I-83 N  8.5 mi
7. Take exit 51B to merge onto I-81 N toward Allenstown/I-78/Hazletown  18.9 mi
8. Slight right at I-78 E (signs for Tobyhanna/PA-78 E/Allentown)  29.5 mi
9. Take exit 29B for PA-61 N toward Pottsville  0.2 mi
10. Merge onto PA-61  4.4 mi
11. Turn right at PA-895/Summer Valley Rd
Continue to follow PA-895
Destination will be on the left  10.3

Bob

Quote from: PocketThunder on December 31, 2008, 12:01:56 PM
Quote from: Bob on December 31, 2008, 11:05:10 AM

That's a shame.

:rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   :rofl:   I though Minnesota was bad, it sounds like you guys have it worse.
Minnesota has it hands down. Pa will salt the roads out of fear of a law suite.

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Bob on December 31, 2008, 12:03:45 PM
Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on December 31, 2008, 11:32:01 AM

2401 Summer Valley Rd
New Ringgold, PA 17960
(570) 386-2171

1. Head northwest on Bittle Rd toward Baltimore Pike/PA-97  0.5 mi
2. Turn left at Baltimore Pike/PA-97  7.9 mi
3. Turn right onto the ramp to Harrisburg  0.3 mi
4. Merge onto US-15 N  33.9 mi
5. Take the exit onto PA-581 E toward I-83 E/Hershey/Harrisburg  2.2 mi
6. Continue on I-83 N  8.5 mi
7. Take exit 51B to merge onto I-81 N toward Allenstown/I-78/Hazletown  18.9 mi
8. Slight right at I-78 E (signs for Tobyhanna/PA-78 E/Allentown)  29.5 mi
9. Take exit 29B for PA-61 N toward Pottsville  0.2 mi
10. Merge onto PA-61  4.4 mi
11. Turn right at PA-895/Summer Valley Rd
Continue to follow PA-895
Destination will be on the left  10.3

Nope, not the same place. After checking a map, this place was up near Scranton.

1969chargerrtse

"  hope the drivers license test doesn't require reading  "  Oh Chris that was to funny. :hah:  I laughed about that for a few minutes. :laugh:
I was thinking the same thing.  Yeah I think I'll stop by there and pick up a few Hemi's and bulged hoods.    :P  Yeah grab me a Daytona nose and wing and I'll pay you later.  :icon_smile_wink:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

71ChallengeHer

Bob, I just found out about a small yard pretty close to me that has a 73 or 74 Charger. I'll try to drive up there this weekend to get a # for you so you can call to see what hrs they are open.  :2thumbs: And Chris  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Bob

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on December 31, 2008, 01:21:26 PM
Bob, I just found out about a small yard pretty close to me that has a 73 or 74 Charger. I'll try to drive up there this weekend to get a # for you so you can call to see what hrs they are open.  :2thumbs: And Chris  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Thanks Jackie. Sent you a pm :cheers:

GreenMachine

Well, I guess nobody else is gonna say it, so I will. Where are the pics?

There's a junkyard near me that has a fairly large "old car section". The only 66-74 Mopar is 3 3rd gen Chargers, one '68 Satellite, and one 73-4 Satellite. But there is a lot of cool stuff there, mostly picked through but I was able to find some trim and a rear window for my old '72. I've been meaning to take my camera with me, but never get around to it.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

Martian R/T

Quote from: Silver R/T on December 31, 2008, 01:17:52 PM
mexicans eat cats?

With a little hot sauce and a tortilla you can eat anything. :nana: :nana: :nana: :nana:
                            1970 Charger R/T 440 Auto 3:55 Martian Green???

bordin34

If you find out that yard by Scranton, I am interested. The only yard I know of in NEPA is in White Mills,PA all they have is a mid 60s imperial. They didn't have any other mopars, but in their demo derby diplomat they had an LA.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

500hp_440

i think i woulda had a heart attack
Let it alone^.

Bob

Quote from: GreenMachine on December 31, 2008, 04:39:28 PM
Well, I guess nobody else is gonna say it, so I will. Where are the pics?

There's a junkyard near me that has a fairly large "old car section". The only 66-74 Mopar is 3 3rd gen Chargers, one '68 Satellite, and one 73-4 Satellite. But there is a lot of cool stuff there, mostly picked through but I was able to find some trim and a rear window for my old '72. I've been meaning to take my camera with me, but never get around to it.

Had my camera but did not find it pic worthy. Here is the web site with a old pic. It has grown since.
Bob
http://www.joesusedautoparts.com/EZPull.html