News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

he put it back on ebay....

Started by vancamp, December 29, 2008, 08:59:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Cool, it's still a Six Pack car too.  No reserve this time but with a starting bid of 40k I don't think I'll be jumping into the bidding frenzy anytime soon.  It will be intersting to see what happens and I wish him (them?, I still think it's a dealer) good luck.

1969chargerrtse

I don't even know what to say?  Heater core disconnected, door gaskets missing, crooked panels, misaligned bumpers, what's with the red on the dash?  etc.............  "440 six pack real rare".  Maybe because you couldn't get one at all that year?  No comment. :eek2:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

hemi-hampton

riggs626

If not a dealer Then I would would say a couple buddies of his who are planning on trying to turn a car and make money on it. But Ive never seen a classic car restored the right way sold to where you can actually make money off of them

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 29, 2008, 09:20:06 PM
I don't even know what to say?  Heater core disconnected, door gaskets missing, crooked panels, misaligned bumpers, what's with the red on the dash?  etc.............  "440 six pack real rare".  Maybe because you couldn't get one at all that year?  No comment. :eek2:

I'd have to agree.  Plus theres so much misinfomation in the ad, shame on whoever wrote it! And didn't 1969 440 4 spd cars come with the Dana 60?
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Ghoste

We had a minor sparring contest with him when he posted the car before and he was quite unapologetic about the ad.  They have other cars for sale too.

68charger383

Things jumping at me is the lack of AC components, that pistol grip option is unique...rad support is painted red, looks like they restoed the gauges etc for the speedo and the front outboard carb seems to be kinda far from the main carb + no air cleaner or screw for one in the carb?   :slap:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

hemi-hampton

It's a low budget perfume on a pig :rotz:

teamroth

Doesn't look like a fender tag, no mention of one, or a build sheet either. That's alot of ducats for a car with no known history
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

bull

That thing looks like ass and smells like bad fish.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 68charger383 on December 30, 2008, 01:31:35 AM
Things jumping at me is the lack of AC components, that pistol grip option is unique...rad support is painted red, looks like they restoed the gauges etc for the speedo and the front outboard carb seems to be kinda far from the main carb + no air cleaner or screw for one in the carb?   :slap:
Oh yeah, I forgot about that.  4spd cars couldn't have A/C so it's not a rare original 4spd car.  Of all the things, if you're not even caring enough to put the bumper on STRAIGHT!  Why would you take a close up of how sloppy a job the car was slapped together to prove how crappy a job you've done?  That I truly don't understand?  Even the side marker lens looks crooked.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 30, 2008, 06:49:37 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.  4spd cars couldn't have A/C so it's not a rare original 4spd car. 
Partly true......383-4bbl cars could have been optioned with A/C & a 4-speed
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Dodge Don

I'll bet that the winning bidder was in fact the seller. I think they realized that POS wasn't going to fetch what they thought and bid to retain the car.

Ghoste

Was it no reserve last time as well?  I still say they are flippers who generally trade it late model wrecks that others won't take on and they bumped into this Charger deal somehow and gave it a BK quickie and now want to get NADA guide bucks for it.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on December 30, 2008, 08:45:25 AM
Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 30, 2008, 06:49:37 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot about that.  4spd cars couldn't have A/C so it's not a rare original 4spd car. 
Partly true......383-4bbl cars could have been optioned with A/C & a 4-speed
Well o.k, I was taking in the fact it's an R/T car which in this case came with the standard 440 engine, of which a 4spd with air would not be possible. :eek2:

Go Hogs Go

Look at all that undercoating. Look's like a Burger King car.
Go Hogs!

BigBlockSam

QuoteI'll bet that the winning bidder was in fact the seller. I think they realized that POS wasn't going to fetch what they thought and bid to retain the car.

he could of just closed the auction
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Beep Beep Dave

Nice rivets holding down the VIN tag :popcrn:
Dave
'69-1/2 SIXPACK/SIXBBL REGISTRY On-Line Registry for the Lift Off Hood cars!!!
Maple Leaf Mopars your Canadian Mopar site.

1970 Charger R/T

triple_green

Its a really tough market out there and that car has way too many mods from stock to get to dollar. I'd say $25-30K tops.
68 Charger 383 HP grandma car (the orignal 3X)

quapman

There's a pair of tards around here who paint every car they flip that same color.

RESALE RED

They did a matching #'s air grabber 70 GTX that was originally B5 blue in this hideous shade.

Back to THIS car. Nice car, but I agree, it smells like the BK killer. How exactly do you shift it and watch the road at the same time? Kinda funny that he's asking LAST YEAR's price for it. Maybe he needs to be clued in on current market prices and that the economy is in the toilet.

Obviously not a Mopar guy with all the dumb info. Also, what's up with "4406PACK FERRARI PORSCHE BENTLEY" in his title? Do THEY come with the car? Who wants to ask seller a question?   :icon_smile_question: :smilielol: :shruggy:

I almost forgot........he says "Only bid what you are willing to pay." How do I bid the $4000 that I think it's worth? Maybe he was nervous when he was typing and hit the zero one time too many.

Steve

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: triple_green on December 30, 2008, 02:22:47 PM
Its a really tough market out there and that car has way too many mods from stock to get to dollar. I'd say $25-30K tops.
I think the market is tougher than that. I say 22k tops.  :yesnod:

Chris G.

Quote from: triple_green on December 30, 2008, 02:22:47 PM

Your "tough market" is alot different than mine. Even in a good market that car would have a tough time getting 30K. I'll bet up close that car has some hefty problems.