News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Portable Spot Welder

Started by 71_deputy, December 20, 2008, 06:45:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71_deputy

1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

UFO

Wow flash back time.I bought one many many years ago.IIRC it did a decent job after some pratice time.
I think you'll get more use out of a wire feed welder.

FJMG

Harbour freight sells a 120 or a 240 volt version that actually clamps like a large set of vise-grips for a little more than double that (I think). I have not used mine yet so I cannot comment on the quality (one thing for sure it is HEAVY)

Sublime/Sixpack

I bought one of those several years ago, used it once, didn't care much for it. Found that using my MIG welder was less of a hassle and did a better job. :Twocents:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

daytonalo

I hate to admit it but I bought one of those when I started restoring cars in 82 , that part is made to attach to Arc welder , TOTAL PILE OF SHIT !!!!!!!!!! As mentioned go buy a Mig welder and live happily ever after !!!!

suntech

QuoteAs mentioned go buy a Mig welder and live happily ever after !!!!

:iagree: :2thumbs:
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

69*F5*SE

Yes, a mig is what you need and you'll be all set.

NorwayCharger

That thing is good for making Christmas decoration ;) nothing to do with cars..
A good spot welder cost A LOT of money.
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

71_deputy

thanks guys!!!!!!  have a Mig already but thought this would make things easy!!!!!!!

A Migging away we go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1971 Deputy Challenger 383 4bbl-- 1 of 2 made!!
1967 Charger 440/auto
1973 Road Runner 340/4 speed
2000 1500 Ram Van

superbirdtom

When I do a quarter replacement I use my prospot on the wheelwells to duplicate the factory look. that is the first place judges look .If they don't see factory spotwelds deducting points begins. I use my prospot wherever I can it works great but costs $$$  . there are some cheaper clamp type spotwelders about 1500 dollars that have some attachments to duplicate  spotwelds like the ones on quarters inside door jambs. I will mig weld all the places you can't see factory spotwelds. My prospot clamps down with hydraulics and applies proper pressure then welds and senses when it is done and releases. it is on a roll around tower and is counterbalanced looks like something you would see at a factory. this thing is way faster than mig welding. it is model pr-10. www.prospot.com