News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How Do You Drive Your Charger?

Started by Brock Samson, December 29, 2008, 04:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What Do You Use Your Charger For?..

It's My Daily Driver,.. Not Likely but o.k...
11 (8.6%)
As Often As I Can And Weather Permits...
59 (46.1%)
A Sunday Driver And Occasional Shows.
41 (32%)
One Quarter Mile At A Time or Other Race Activitys.
8 (6.3%)
Trailered Everywhere Trophy Collector.
1 (0.8%)
Lawn Orniment, Shelf in the Garage:
10 (7.8%)
A Money Pit Possibly Completed in the Next Month to Ten Years:
41 (32%)
Planter in the South Forty:
1 (0.8%)

Total Members Voted: 128

Brock Samson

This is just for fun...   :popcrn:

Driven Hard and Put Away Wet?
Or, A Future Chick Magnet?..
         (or, as in 71 Challenger's case a Man Magnet.) Did anyone figure they'd use it any different then It is actually being used?..
Post up if you can think up any other Categories that might apply to your ride for example, if it's still a "work in progress" how do you hope to use it?.. You can Vote in multiple Categories BTW but I'm curious about your Charger's use mostly.

metallicareload99

1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

Ghoste

Mine is used pretty much how I anticipated it would be.  It's a toy but not a show poodle.

1BAD68

I drive mine as often as I can but living in Wisconsin and knowing how quick salt can eat metal, it gets parked in November and wont come out until April/May and then its driven as much as possible.

PocketThunder

Quote from: 1BAD68 on December 29, 2008, 05:00:51 PM
I drive mine as often as I can but living in Wisconsin and knowing how quick salt can eat metal, it gets parked in November and wont come out until April/May and then its driven as much as possible.

I'm with this guy.  Minnesota is the same.   :yesnod: 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Sublime/Sixpack

I drive my Charger for enjoyment, also to keep everything working well (it likes to be exercised), and to ease my big block, four speed, MOPAR craving  :yesnod:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

tan top

when i first got it 20 years ago ..... beat on it every chance i got  ,  for a couple of years  but only in the dry    ... then   put it into storage & never saw daylight  for 10 years ,  then spent  hundreds of hours doing a nut & bolt resto ..over 3 years .. now comes  out in good weather only  :yesnod:  ...still not  finished though  , can always find something to buy or do  damn money pit :rotz:  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

squeakfinder

Haven't been driving it for the last few weeks because of the weather. But I try to get it out about once a week when the weather is decant.

As far as it being a future chic magnet... well, it seems to have more of a knack for attracting men  ::)
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

NYCMille

Example...

Nice day today in NY, so I took the Charger into Manhattan, picked up a buddy at work then drove around NYC for 3 hours showing off for the tourists.

Otherwise I drive it almost daily as long as there is no snow on the ground (tried that once and it wasn't too much fun). It's my track car, my rally car, my therapy car and my beat the hell out of it for sh*ts & giggles car....   :2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

I voted shelf in the garage because it's the closest thing to what it is...but then I saw "A Money Pit Possibly Completed in the Next Month to Ten Years". BINGO! :smilielol:

BUT when it's done, I'll be driving the balls off it....exactly what it was built for! It'll be basically what Mike said...my track car, my rally car and my fun car. :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Hemidoug

You forgot one....I drive it like I stole it! (and I do!!!!) :icon_smile_big:
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Tilar

I put "A Money Pit Possibly Completed in the Next Month to Ten Years". Well, it definitely won't be done in a month, but I hope maybe a couple years or less. I've had it 22 years and have yet to see it move under its own power. But at least I'm getting things geared up to where I can get this thing in the garage now.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Brock Samson on December 29, 2008, 04:20:32 PM
  This is just for fun...   :popcrn:

Driven Hard and Put Away Wet?
Or, A Future Chick Magnet?..
         (or, as in 71 Challenger's case a Man Magnet.) Did anyone figure they'd use it any different then It is actually being used?..
Post up if you can think up any other Categories that might apply to your ride for example, if it's still a "work in progress" how do you hope to use it?.. You can Vote in multiple Categories BTW but I'm curious about your Charger's use mostly.

Very funny ,Brock.  :nana:  I don't need a Challenger for that.  :icon_smile_big:

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Hemidoug on December 29, 2008, 06:28:21 PM
Yes, you do , Doug. And you do it well. ;)  :cheers:

SFRT

Like a dirty nasty little pony. If something breaks I can fix it.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

kingjoop

they call me the multiplier  :icon_smile_big: love to drift.. also break stuff down alot, but he... let the boy have some fun  :2thumbs:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T (8barrel 500Ci)
Only milk comes in 2 liters

My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber.

Hot Chicks and much more Horsepower: www.performancegirls.com

Hemidoug

Quote from: 71ChallengeHer on December 29, 2008, 08:10:20 PM

Thanks...I'll bet Shelby will always remember her first ride in a Hemi car....  :D

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Hemidoug on December 29, 2008, 08:32:05 PM

Thanks...I'll bet Shelby will always remember her first ride in a Hemi car....  :D

Doug, do I get a ride too when I come to Carlisle? :) :icon_smile_wink:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Hemidoug

Sure...if the car gets there this year...still without a motor and I have my doubts it will be done by then...I blew my wad getting the bodywork on my 71 completed...I don't see me even getting to it much before late spring...

NYCMille

damn... Doug, you and I need to meet up... I need a ride in a HEMI car!

Hemidoug

Quote from: NYCMille on December 29, 2008, 08:53:12 PM
damn... Doug, you and I need to meet up... I need a ride in a HEMI car!

That's funny...I need a ride in a Daytona doing 150 on a straight away..... :icon_smile_big: Trade ya! (for rides that is)

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: Hemidoug on December 29, 2008, 08:32:05 PM

Doug, She will never forget it. She had a blast.  :cheers: But thanks, now she wants a Hemi  :slap:  :rofl: :rofl:

Brock Samson

Option 1:  (5 votes)
   Option 2:  (27 votes)
   Option 3:  (17 votes)
   Option 4:  (3 votes)
   Option 5:  (0 votes)
   Option 6:  (6 votes)
   Option 7:  (15 votes)
   Option 8:  (1 votes)

Most of the votes range from daily driver to sunday car, three are racers so 50 or so runners...
and 20 plus are projects or planters,..  No-one cops to a trailer queen...  :lol:
I know it's not too scientific since many members have a great many Chargers in various states of tune and dissrepair, this was just for fun. If anyone can come up with a more accurate method of determining our Chargers use,..  :yesnod: post up..

Ghoste

Buddy, the best way I've found so far of determining my Chargers use was to go for a drive and see how I feel when I get home, if I feel great (which is pretty much every time) then my Charger was used... well!   :coolgleamA::2thumbs:

defiance

Only in my dreams so far (with a few very short exceptions...)