News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger as 2nd favorite?

Started by Ghoste, December 29, 2008, 01:19:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

A lot of folks on here have cool cars which are not Chargers, I'm wondering how many of you think of your Charger as something other than number one in your collection?

mikepmcs

Blasphemy!

No matter how many cars I have, my Charger will always be my favorite.  :icon_smile_big:
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger-Bodie

Even though Im not NEARLY as biased about Brands as some of you are. The Dodge Charger will always be the Coolest and My favorite....period!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

Ghoste, you're starting a lot of goofy threads here lately. Are you trying to dethrone me as top thread-starter? :scratchchin:

WingCharger

Nah, Chargers are first.

Then Coronets, then Plymouth B-Bodys, then Dusters and Darts, then 1970 Challengers, finally F-Bodys.

BB1

Pass it around, your holding out on us.
:smilielol:
Delete my profile

tan top

Charger  number 1  no matter what   :dance: 
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

500hp_440

what are you on? crack?
chargers are the best beside maby the 69 hemi daytona and mclaren f1 and 2 seater shelby 600hp those are the one things that can top it
Let it alone^.

Ghoste

Quote from: bull on December 29, 2008, 09:09:02 AM
Ghoste, you're starting a lot of goofy threads here lately. Are you trying to dethrone me as top thread-starter? :scratchchin:

That would take years, I'm just having goofy thoughts lately I guess.  This particular goofy thought was driven by the fact that some of the members here have Chevelles or Mustangs or Road Runners or whatever.

Sublime/Sixpack

Quote from: Ghoste on December 29, 2008, 01:19:28 AM
A lot of folks on here have cool cars which are not Chargers, I'm wondering how many of you think of your Charger as something other than number one in your collection?

Not sure if this will make sense to anyone here, but while I consider my Charger to be very special and my #1 car, my "69 Super Bee is the one that I like the best in terms of feeling the most comfortable with.  Its like an old friend.
Even though I've owned the Charger much longer, is much more rare, worth more money, has better styling, and I feel very fortunate to be the owner, theres just something about that darn Super Bee that makes it my favorite.  Does anyone relate?
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on December 29, 2008, 12:38:30 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 29, 2008, 01:19:28 AM

Not sure if this will make sense to anyone here, but while I consider my Charger to be very special and my #1 car, my "69 Super Bee is the one that I like the best in terms of feeling the most comfortable with.  Its like an old friend.
Even though I've owned the Charger much longer, is much more rare, worth more money, has better styling, and I feel very fortunate to be the owner, theres just something about that darn Super Bee that makes it my favorite.  Does anyone relate?
I'm feeling ya brother, how about a picture of each one?
As for Mr ghoste and his question,  :slap: what's da matter for you?
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

kingjoop

Charger period  :icon_smile_big: then, superbee, coronet, GTX...

my daily volvo s80 comes LAST  :icon_smile_big:
1968 Dodge Charger R/T (8barrel 500Ci)
Only milk comes in 2 liters

My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber.

Hot Chicks and much more Horsepower: www.performancegirls.com

Sublime/Sixpack

Guess it is time to learn how to do the photo thing.
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

69bronzeT5

Chargers first for me

Then Challengers/Cudas, then Coronets/Superbees, then Roadrunners/GTXs etc etc etc. :icon_smile_wink:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Tilar

What? Your Duster's not in there somewhere?  :poke:

Well, My charger is not anywhere near the running stage yet, but I have had it longer than any car i've ever owned and is by far my favorite. I guess my second pick would be my 78 Mark V. Man that feels like you're riding on a cloud.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Tilar on December 29, 2008, 03:02:18 PM
What? Your Duster's not in there somewhere?  :poke:

It's in the etc etc etc, :smilielol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Joshua

My Charger is 1st choice "most" of the time.....however, IF I had a '70 Superbee, things may be different....

defiance

situational.  I mean, in some ways, my charger is by far my favorite.  In others, I gotta give it up to the WRX.  They managed to pack together good reliability, family convenience (4 doors), decent mileage, good handling, decent out-of-the-box power... It's just a fun little car.  And of course, if it gets in a fender bender, parts are readily and easily available - much lower paranoid "Is that guy going to stop, or..." going on constantly :)  So the charger could never match it in a lot of ways.
On the other hand, the subie could never match the charger in pure looks, raw power, etc. 
The charger has the edge overall, but that's right now - my answer will vary based on my mindset at the time.

Dans 68

#1 1968 Charger  :2thumbs:
#2 1973 Charger   :cheers:
#3 1990 Jeep Cherokee   :icon_smile_cool:
#4 1998 Chevy Truck   :P
#5 2006 Volvo S80....   :icon_smile_blackeye:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

69_500

Ghoste, are you lumping the Daytona's in wit the "Charger" section? If so then yes the Charger is the king of the hill in my book, if not then the Charger would be 4th behind the Daytona's and 500's, and Superbirds. Okay so see I do like those Birds after all.

Ghoste

No, really I was just curious how many members had other cars that they viewed as more of being their first ride and the Charger was second fiddle.  Whether it was to smoke out how many there were or find out if they came here because it's such a great site full of such wonderful folks, I have no idea.  It was strictly a curiousity thing, but judging by the responses it's likely a good thing no one really rose to the question because I'm thinking the Charger faithful here would have eaten them alive.  ;)

keepat

My favorite car is the next one!  :D
Pat

Joshua

I took my Charger apart, mainly, because I wasn't driving it anymore....anytime it was nice out and I wanted to go somewhere, I took my hotrod instead.
But now the hotrod is gone and I'm left with a tore apart Charger....
I better get to work....I'm running low on cool cars to drive....... :icon_smile_big:

Sinister68

The Charger is my first favorite followed by the Challenger  :2thumbs:
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

Belgium R/T -68

The charger is definatly the coolest car I have, then the GTX and the challenger but the nicest car to drive is my
Chrysler 300 1969, I still don't understand how it can be the same suspension. :-\
Charger -68 R/T 500 cui Stroker

skip68

O.K............I CAN'T WAIT TO GET SPANKED,  :spank: :spank: :spank:   :drool5:, I TRUELY LOVE our charger, but I bought a 67' Camaro. I got the car from the original owner, and I have been waiting for my turn to rebuild it. (I do need help as I'm trying to learn how everything works!  :2thumbs:) Seems like the Charger took preference.  :scratchchin:  :brickwall: :scratchchin: I have loved that model since I was in Junior High!  :yesnod: Sorry Guys!!!!!  :pity:

Mrs.Skip68 ;)

P.S. I'm a Raiders Fan Too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :spank:  :nana:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

mikepmcs

What did Chuck ever see in you?   :rofl: :smilielol:

I like the 1st gen Camaro as well. :2thumbs:
I think the 69 is my favorite though.(man, 69 was just a good year for cars IMO)
I don't like the 69 Firebird, UGGGGGLLLYYYYYYY!
I do however like the 67-8. I built a 68 Firebird for my ex fiance many many years ago.  Almost had it finished too.  When I booted her and we finally dissolved, she would not sell me the car.  I ended up selling it for her though.
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?