News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

My 69 Charger

Started by dookie01, December 28, 2008, 11:39:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dookie01

Hello all, I am new to the board so I thought I would post up my 69 Charger that I recently bought and a breif history.
This car was sitting in a small town about 40 miles from the town where I live, I have been working with the guy to sell it to me for over 5 years. I am a Sales Manager at a Dodge Dealersship and he would always come in and get me goin about trading the car in toward a new car for his wife....but that lead nowhere. Then one day he calls me and said he needed some money to pay off some things so if i wanted it he would sell it for $6000, So I got my moneya nd was at his house in an hour. As we were loading the car up another family member came over and tried to get him to sell the car to him, but he wouldnt pay the $6000 we agreed on, I figured when he came over that we were going to get into a bidding war but...he only had $2000 to spend so I was safe.  The owner of the car got it from his parents which bought it new in 69, then he inherited it when they passed. The car hadnt been licensed since 1978 and was all original down to still havin the mopar sticker on the air cleaner, tire pressure stickers in the door jam, and the orignal paint and interior. We brought it home changed the oil,plugs,and distributer and she runs like a champ. I thought it was a good find so I thought I might share it with you all,  :icon_smile_cool:

The car has a numbers matching 383 E63 330 hp engine, white with a red interior, column shift with a buddy seat, and no a/c. The car has 59,970 miles on it when i got it. The only thing I need to do to make it a driver is replace the trunk pan (dang trunk mats). It wasnt a high optioned car but thats ok, knowing the history on it is a bonus. I will post more picts up soon.

Ghoste

Nice score and welcome to the group!  :2thumbs:

Sublime/Sixpack

It took you five years to get it but it sounds as though it was worth the wait and effort.   Tell us more about it, model, engine, mileage, etc. and more photos would be nice. :thumbs:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

skip68

Welcome dookie01.  :cheers:   Looks like a nice score.  :yesnod: :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

terrible one

DEFINITELY worth the wait/effort! It sure does look nice from here, and plenty nice for $6,000 indeed!  :2thumbs:

resq302

ahhh.... so thats the car im helping out.  Nice car and story.  So the only sheet metal that needs replacing is the trunk?  You lucked out.  We'd love more pics of it when you get the chance.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

tan top

hello & welcome  :cheers: ....  :o white with red interior  :drool5: awesome color combo :yesnod:
looking forward to seeing more pictures Dude  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger-Bodie

Really Cool! Cant wait to hear and see more!

Welcome to the Charger "ward"
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

WingCharger

Welcome aboard! :popcrn: :popcrn: Sweet car too!!

Could this thing be a survivor? :scratchchin: :scratchchin:

PocketThunder

Holy Crap what a find!   :o

Welcome and more pics please!  We love pictures..  :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

500hp_440

Let it alone^.

1969chargerrtse

Wow original paint!  I would sell one of bal...., never mind, for an original paint 69 Charger. Thank God the family member only had 2k. Welcome to our site.  :cheers:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

68coronetGLwannabe

Welcome! looks like a great deal. Definitely more pics.

Oh yea this forum can be very addictive, in a good way  :2thumbs:
I pointed to two old drunks sitting across the bar from us and told my friend
"That's us in 10 years".
He said "That's a mirror, dip-shit!

Just 6T9 CHGR

Welcome to the site!
Does the car have a white vinyl roof as well & was it added on? 

I only have one other car in the registry that's white with red interior & a white vinyl top....pretty rare combination

Good luck with the resto :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

69*F5*SE

Welcome  :cheers:  more pics.   :yesnod:

teamroth

Nice find! Good luck, and keep us posted. 1 Question, why is the picture labeled CAMARO?
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

FlatbackFanatic

Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

Brock Samson

:wave: Welcome, sounds like a pretty good score,.. what are your plans for the Charger?.. and, is that a '71 or '72 Plymouth B-Body to the right there?..  :popcrn:

dookie01

Quote from: Brock Samson on December 29, 2008, 03:18:44 PM
:wave: Welcome, sounds like a pretty good score,.. what are your plans for the Charger?.. and, is that a '71 or '72 Plymouth B-Body to the right there?..  :popcrn:
No thats my 77 Bandit T/A thats all ready for paint, I also have a 70 Charger and a 68 Charger :icon_smile_cool:

dookie01

Quote from: teamroth on December 29, 2008, 01:39:15 PM
Nice find! Good luck, and keep us posted. 1 Question, why is the picture labeled CAMARO?

Oh, we took a bunch of pictures with my 74 Camaro and I listed them all under that folder...I am a slacker sometimes :coolgleamA:

teamroth

^^ I figured, was just funnin with ya!  :cheers:
I'd rather die than go to heaven.