News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 charger r/t vin that sold on ebay

Started by drewbugger, December 26, 2008, 02:59:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drewbugger

Don't know if anyone else saw it but a 68 charger r/t vin dash tag sold on ebay so watch out for the fake. I would be pissed if I bought a fake for good $ vin # was xs29l8b392423 I tried to buy it so it wouldn't be used but only had $50 max bid on it. My brother in law ran the vin and it came back clear so keep your eyes peeled :eek:

Ghoste

And another 318 car is soon to go waaay up in value. :flame:

WingCharger

AKcharger

pettyfan43

Quote from: AKcharger on December 26, 2008, 05:26:49 PM
383 2 BBL ISN'T IT?

No in 68, XS 29 L is a 440 R/T Charger (Or was, it obviously isn't with us any longer)

Dans 68

I took down the VIN. I'll save it for the '68 registry.  :coolgleamA:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Mike DC

Sucks.  

Unfortunately I don't think VINs are reliable anymore without a clear ownership trail of trustworthy people.  There's just too much of this stuff.  Probably at least 2/3rds of the Charger R/Ts being parted out during the last 10 years have gotten the VINs snatched.

suntech

Another reason to forget that # matching crap!!! To me the car is what it is!! A crappy car, with a hemi in it, is a crappy hemi charger :shruggy:
OK.... a Daytona Charger, UNRESTORED, with a document trail from day 1, that is another thing, but!!! :shruggy:
Ohwell!!

IMO a "normal" charger has a value according to what it is, there and then, regardless of what the vin # is.
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

dkn1997

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 26, 2008, 05:50:14 PM
Sucks.  

Unfortunately I don't think VINs are reliable anymore without a clear ownership trail of trustworthy people.  There's just too much of this stuff.  Probably at least 2/3rds of the Charger R/Ts being parted out during the last 10 years have gotten the VINs snatched.

just check ebay any day and it seems like the vast majority of the 2nd gen chargers being sold are r/t's.  That doesn't jibe with the fact that r/t production wasn't nearly as much as standard charger production. some would say that a car that's worth more has better odds of being saved vs. a nonperformance model in the same shape, but those same cars would have increased odds of being beaten into the ground.  you would think that the number of cars for sale on any given day would somewhat resemble the total number that were made in the first place.
RECHRGED

AKcharger

Quote from: dkn1997 on December 26, 2008, 09:45:59 PM
just check ebay any day and it seems like the vast majority of the 2nd gen chargers being sold are r/t's.  That doesn't jibe with the fact that r/t production wasn't nearly as much as standard charger production. some would say that a car that's worth more has better odds of being saved vs. a nonperformance model in the same shape, but those same cars would have increased odds of being beaten into the ground.  you would think that the number of cars for sale on any given day would somewhat resemble the total number that were made in the first place.

That's why I maintain that a Slant 6 column shift Charger is infinitely more rare than ANY R/T, Daytona or 500...yes ANY other Charger! Think I'm kidding...how many have you ever seen?  I've seen ONE in my life!

Of course rare vs. desireable is a diffrent story. Rare yes, desireable...not so much