News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

It's painted!!!! The new look of my 71

Started by Hemidoug, December 24, 2008, 02:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidoug

Well...after 2 long years here she is...back to her original color, GF7. She is still in the process of rubbing and buffing the paint. I think the stripes will go on next week. I don't know if the undercoating will go on right away or I may bring her back. I'd rather it get done now so I don't have to move her again but I'm having a hard time getting the right stuff. She is straight as an arrow and looks even better in person....so how do you guys like the color?

71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

tan top

:coolgleamA:   looks nice  :yesnod: ........... :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

skip68

:2thumbs:  :drool5:  I've got to get me a third gen someday.  Look'in real good.  :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

69*F5*SE

kingjoop

1968 Dodge Charger R/T (8barrel 500Ci)
Only milk comes in 2 liters

My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber.

Hot Chicks and much more Horsepower: www.performancegirls.com

Todd Wilson

69bronzeT5

Green...:puke:

Nah, I'm just screwin' with 'ya Doug. The car looks amazing! Love that colour! :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Hemidoug

Thanks guys! I can't wait to get her back together!

Quote from: Todd Wilson on December 24, 2008, 04:03:06 PM
I see a run in the paint!   :icon_smile_big:

Don't worry Todd....I'm sure it will "buff out"....LOL

Chris G.

Looks sweet Doug.  :2thumbs:

Thanks for bringing a green car...back to green. We need more of 'em.  :cheers:

Sublime/Sixpack

1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

FJ6N96

greenpigs

1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

y3chargerrt

Very nice Doug. So which one you bring to Carlisle this year? Ron

Mopar2Ya

Looks very good. The older I get the more I like original, in appearance anyways.  :2thumbs:

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

mikesbbody

General_01

Looks great. :2thumbs:

My Dad had something for green cars while I was young. He went from a dark green Chevy station wagon(from '72-'77) to a dark green Plymouth Volare'(from '77-'86). The Volare was mine for about a year after i graduated.
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

teamroth

Looks awesome Doug. This was the color of my almost first charger, 72 SE 440. Looked almost just like this. NICE!
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

magnum

Takes a MOPAR to catch a mopar!

Brock Samson

looks good, can't wait to see her done...
i know your stoked!  :yesnod:

BB1

Delete my profile

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Can't wait to see the final pics Doug!  :drool5:

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Chris G. on December 24, 2008, 04:07:29 PM
Looks sweet Doug.  :2thumbs:

Thanks for bringing a green car...back to green. We need more of 'em.  :cheers:

Quote from: greenpigs on December 24, 2008, 04:31:21 PM
The world needs more green cars. :2thumbs:

That could mean two different things.

and GREEN PEACE would be agree on one of them  ;D

CAR IS COMING REALLY GREAT!!!
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

1969chargerrtse

Wonder Pics.  The car looks great.  Green was a huge color back in the day.  In my town I remember 3 69 Chargers, all 3 were green.  Looking good. :2thumbs:
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

vancamp

Charger-Bodie

That's gonna be a thing of beauty...I like Green!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Rolling_Thunder

I like the green - I never used to like Green cars but overall they are growing on me - yours will be beautiful when all the trim and moulding added - breaks up the green a bit (but dont think I mean it does not look amazing as is)
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

71charger_fan

I hope the plastic over the red one in the background was just a temporary expedient. You couldn't come up with a better way to store a car indoors and still ruin it with moisture than put in on concrete and cover it with non-breathable plastic.

Nice looking paint job on the Charger. I'm going to paint my Shelby Charger myself this coming summer and decide from those results whether or not I'll paint my own '71 or bite the bullet and take it to a body shop.

R2

Looks GREAT Doug, :cheers:,,,i like the brown wheels too.. :rofl:. (LOL,,,just kidding)  :slap:

What color stripe for the car ??

Is there a vinyl top ??

ps,,nice job,,,,looks awesome

Doug

:drool5:

Tilar

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on December 24, 2008, 11:03:04 PM
I like the green - I never used to like Green cars but overall they are growing on me - yours will be beautiful when all the trim and moulding added - breaks up the green a bit (but dont think I mean it does not look amazing as is)

Thats kinda the way I am. I never really cared for green that much, but damn they look good with the trim and all shined up.  That green is almost exactly the same green that was on a 72 Riviera I had. It had been in a barn not covered up and they had laid boards and everything else on it. So when I bought it and got it running, I had it repainted. I was going to go black, but the guy that painted it talked me into going back with the original green. I'm glad I did.  You add the chrome and goodies to it, and that sure sets it off.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

FlatbackFanatic

It looks GREAT! :2thumbs: Love the color! Can't wait to see her when its done.
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

quapman

Looks super!

What "right stuff" are you having a hard time with?

Yesteryear's green is today's white. I passed on more good car deals back in the day because they were green, D'oh!...LOL. Well, except for the R/T-S.E. Challenger with the sublime buttstripe.

Keep us posted on the progress! I'm always envious when someone is moving forward on their project.  ;)

Steve

Hemidoug

Quote from: y3chargerrt on December 24, 2008, 05:07:39 PM
Very nice Doug. So which one you bring to Carlisle this year? Ron

I'm not sure if I will have anything to bring this year....the 69 is still without a motor and I'm a long way away from finishing this one...we'll see how it goes in the spring. I'd like to have the 71 done but I want to take my time with her.

Quote from: 71charger_fan on December 25, 2008, 06:29:21 AM
I hope the plastic over the red one in the background was just a temporary expedient. You couldn't come up with a better way to store a car indoors and still ruin it with moisture than put in on concrete and cover it with non-breathable plastic.

Nice looking paint job on the Charger. I'm going to paint my Shelby Charger myself this coming summer and decide from those results whether or not I'll paint my own '71 or bite the bullet and take it to a body shop.

Yes, the plastic is there just to keep the dust off the other car. He just covers it up when he is sanding. When it comes to paint, just remember 95% of the results are in the prep. It takes a lot of work to get the panels that straight.

Quote from: R2 on December 25, 2008, 06:48:07 AM
Looks GREAT Doug, :cheers:,,,i like the brown wheels too.. :rofl:. (LOL,,,just kidding)  :slap:

What color stripe for the car ??

Is there a vinyl top ??

ps,,nice job,,,,looks awesome

Doug

:drool5:

Black stripes...as far as I know it was the only available color stock. No vinyl top...the car was a hard top from the factory....She's going to get 15 x 7 steel wheels and pie pans when she is done.

Quote from: quapman on December 25, 2008, 08:50:18 AM
Looks super!

What "right stuff" are you having a hard time with?

Steve

I'm looking for the correct undercoating. It has a very ruff finish. The stuff they use now a days doesn't look right. I want to do this car factory correct in every way...

Quote from: firefighter3931 on December 24, 2008, 09:09:19 PM
Man, that looks great Doug !  :cheers:

Ron

Ron,

Thanks man! Now I have to figure out a way to drive both cars to Carlisle.....Know anyone who can give me a hand?  :scratchchin: :rofl:

jaak

Looks great Doug! I had a 72 that was that color, I love it. I like green cars my 69 is gonna be J6 Go green ( I know its not a 69 color, but I love it!).

Jason

Green71R/T

reminds me of mine 3 1/2 years ago. do you have chrome bumbers or body colour? it definately needs the strips though.

Hemidoug

Chrome bumpers, hidden headlamps, dual painted mirrors, turned down tip (no brite tips), no vinyl roof, front and rear spoilers,  and steel wheels/pie pans.... :cheers: I like you 71! What engine/drive line is in it? I assume it's a green gut as well?  :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Spike

So far so good Doug  :2thumbs:

And that is one good looking Charger, Green71R/T

Green71R/T

My car is originally U code (370 hp 440 safely tucked in my garage),727 ,3.23.Currently I have a 452 with Eddy heads in the car.The car has 59000 miles but was rough so every panel needed some massaging(but little rust).It has  the air grabber hood,power windows ,tinted glass,AM cassette,rear defrost,six way seat,and black interior.My best time so far is 12.95 @ 105 (2.1 60' time) .   

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: Green71R/T on December 27, 2008, 11:19:34 AM
My car is originally U code (370 hp 440 safely tucked in my garage),727 ,3.23.Currently I have a 452 with Eddy heads in the car.The car has 59000 miles but was rough so every panel needed some massaging(but little rust).It has  the air grabber hood,power windows ,tinted glass,AM cassette,rear defrost,six way seat,and black interior.My best time so far is 12.95 @ 105 (2.1 60' time) .  

Sounds like a sweet ride!

Welcome to the site as well :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Hemidoug

Quote from: Green71R/T on December 27, 2008, 11:19:34 AM

Back "in the day" in that sig picture (when it was red) I turned 12.5 up at Island Dragway. Very nice car you have there....do you make it to Carlisle? Mine is an N96 car as well as a V code..

Green71R/T

I have been lurking for years(mostly when its to cold to be in the garage),feel that I should only post if it adds to the discussion.The guy I bought the car from in 1987 was going to paint mine red.I am too busy with work to make the trek to any big shows but go to some local events as well as Friday test and tune at the local track.Calgary is a long way from Carlisle.

Hemidoug

Well you should post more often....as well as post more pics of your car  :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :2thumbs:

resq302

Looks really nice Doug.  Im sure you'll get it to the standards of what your 69 is. :2thumbs:
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

rich4406bbl

She really does look sharp. I have a 71 RT up here in northern NJ. Who did the work on it?

Hemidoug

A very small restoration shop up past Island dragway....Where in Jersey are you? You can PM me if you want the details. be forewarned...there is a waiting list and he is very pricey but well worth the coin.....

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Green71R/T on December 27, 2008, 02:04:36 AM
reminds me of mine 3 1/2 years ago. do you have chrome bumbers or body colour? it definately needs the strips though.

I like the color,    like green71R/T's R/T, with the green grill, and all the emblems, and those rallye wheels.  Post some pics when you get her back together.    :2thumbs:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.