News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what would you consider the best colors for a 68 charger??

Started by petercharger, December 24, 2008, 12:11:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chatt69chgr

The triple black car is very hard to beat.  And red is always a good choice for a muscle car.  I also like the yellow with the bumblebee stripes.  Kind of think that the 68 and 69 yellow is a little pale.  But the 70 bananna is a little too intense (but OK for the superbee).  If you went yellow, warming it up slightly would make a real nice looker. 

In the end, you need to make it the color that you like because if you don't really like it you will never really be happy with it.  There is certainly nothing wrong with the blue's mentioned.  And your interior already looks good so you won't have to spend money changing that-----you can spend it on your next project.

bill440rt

I've ALWAYS liked that pale yellow color like on RECHRGD's car. Looks beautiful on a Charger set off by a black top & stripe.
2nd choice: turquoise, white top/interior/stripe.

And, oh yeah, RED!!!!
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Dans 68

Quote from: skip68 on December 26, 2008, 09:56:29 PM
B-5 blue baby.  :2thumbs:

That would be B5 to CB, but QQ1 to you. You should know better, Chuck....  :D

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

BronzeOnSteelies

petercharger, I do not know if your stock color is 68 only but here is a photo of a 69 in the sun that looks close.

I liked the color alot.

68 MM1 (Turbine Bronze) R/T

Gotta 68

Quote from: kingjoop on December 24, 2008, 03:29:27 PM
dunno what color code this is, but i saw this car during Mopars at the Strip in Las Vegas.. and i just LOVE IT!!
My vote is the same as KJ's(KingJoop)!  Besides, he knows the two little hot rods!  My car has a custom color, but that information is on another thread.  So, you could say my opinion is biased.  It appears you have the build sheet, fender tag, and more importantly a nice complete car.  My vote is to keep the color of your car the original color it came in from the factory unless you truly detest it.  I think that shade of blue is extremely nice!  See the above photo for proof! 

Paul w

I love B3 it is a rare color to I am fed up with seeing BLACK GREEN or RED cars Blue is the one  :2thumbs:
B3 / CHARGER R/T SE
MOVE OVER PEOPLE ARE RACING

tipopiola

My '68 is PP1 red, but I actually prefer the GG1 dark green metallic.  I know it's not everyones favorite, but that actually makes it better in my book.  I gotta agree with some of the other folks here.  That light blue would look great if it wasn't so sun baked and faded.

aone415

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

Manfred318

Ill say JJ1. With a black top :drool5: :yesnod: You just dont see that many of them that colour. I also like blues and greens as well.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.