News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gran Torino movie

Started by CFMopar, December 23, 2008, 11:56:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CFMopar

Has anyone else seen the trailer for Gran Torino with Eastwood? Looks great.

http://teaser-trailer.com/2008/10/gran-torino-movie-trailer.html
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

Hemidog

Wow, i didn't even know about this movie! looks good!  :yesnod:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

tan top

Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

CFMopar

ooops My bad.... Double post :P

I'm a post whore :brickwall:

But a good movie like that deserves two post :2thumbs:
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

MichaelRW

I heard it opens in some theaters on Christmas Day. If it's here, my wife and I are going to see it.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Brock Samson

The three folks i know who have seen it say it's "Great"... It should be coming from Mr. Eastwood,.. none of his movies i can recall have exactly been slouches, either at the box office or award ceremonies...
I have a friend who's a photog. for the LA Times. He's photographed "Clint"  on numerous occasions and says he's a really great guy.. here's one of his shots..

My buddy got free tickets so were going, soon.. perhaps tonight...

SFRT

its not 'awesome' but clint has some fine moments. I like his truck better than the Torino.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: MichaelRW on December 24, 2008, 05:27:35 PM
I heard it opens in some theaters on Christmas Day. If it's here, my wife and I are going to see it.

Or you could just watch it here:

http://www.watch-movies.net/movies/gran_torino

:2thumbs:
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

Silver R/T

Quote from: SFRT on December 24, 2008, 05:44:13 PM
its not 'awesome' but clint has some fine moments. I like his truck better than the Torino.

Its rusted Ford truck, why would you like it?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

SFRT

i just really love older ford trucks, especially 1970-74 ones.
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

73chgrSE

I just saw it on DVD. Good movie but I was hoping there would be more "car stuff" in it like he would race someone or run over them. :smilielol: After all he was dirty harry!

Tilar

I want to see it. I tried that link that Gowdy posted but it goes nowhere.  :shruggy:

Guess I'll hunt it down on dvd.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

69bronzeT5

Because he got the link wrong! :smilielol: Here's the right one...I'm watching it right now.

http://www.watch-movies-links.net/movies/gran_torino/
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Tilar

Dave  

69bronzeT5

I was really getting into the movie...however, it stopped working 78 minutes in. Damn it, now I have to go rent it so I can see the ending :brickwall:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Tilar

I got all the way through it. It was good but definitely not the ending I was expecting from Clint Eastwood. Maybe you can try a different server?
Dave  

greenpigs

Wife realy liked it and i think its a good movie. I bought the dvd for her and it has woodward cruz and a special on cars and their owners. Haven't watched those yet.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

dodgecharger-fan

I picked up the Blu-Ray the other day. Waiting for a good night to watch it...one where there's minimum chance of me falling asleep 10 minutes in.  :P

0X01B8

Good movie.  Cool car.  I couldn't help but wonder how the movie would be different if they called it "Dodge Charger."  I imagine they'd have put in an extra scene near the end so the car could be destroyed and left for dead in a flaming pile of twisted wreckage.

GN

Just saw it. It is a good movie.

69*F5*SE

I just saw it last night.  Good movie but the ending WTF.  :2guns:

PocketThunder

I just noticed the last time i was back to my home town that there is a guy a couple blocks down from my Dad that has a similar year and color ranchero that hasnt seen snow or rain since before i was a shot in the sheets.  Its got a for sale sign on it also, but i'm not a blue oval guy.   :Twocents:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Troy

Watched it last night and really enjoyed it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Charger_Fan

PT, does the car have this same gaping mouth front end?

They only used that front end in '72 & only on coupes. However, they did have notchback & fastback flavors available. These are my favorite Torino's...plus they even like to rust a lot, like Chargers do. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

73chgrSE

Yeah, those cars didn't hold up too well. I used to see them alot in the 80's but now they are all dust i guess. :nana:

That movie created a good opportunity for an alternate ending. Clint could've went all bad ass on 'em.  Why not?

mopar0166

Eastwood was the best part of the movie.  wasnt too thrilled with the rest!

PocketThunder

Quote from: Charger_Fan on June 24, 2009, 12:41:46 PM
They only used that front end in '72 & only on coupes. However, they did have notchback & fastback flavors available. These are my favorite Torino's...plus they even like to rust a lot, like Chargers do. :lol:

I dont see the front end very often because its always parked in the garage with the front forward, but i do know that is has the fake wood paneling so it must be the country squire model like this one.  I'll be back there July 17th and i'll get some pictures of it.  The thing is a time capsule and is just mint! 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Armudster

Awesome movie and real, down to earth ending, it couldn't end differently, well maybe if it was a Chuck Norris movie, lol. The film makes you think a lot about things, and specially about people, and sometimes we realize that the ones that should be at our side, sometimes doesn't care much about you.

Charger_Fan

Quote from: PocketThunder on June 25, 2009, 12:05:25 PM

I dont see the front end very often because its always parked in the garage with the front forward, but i do know that is has the fake wood paneling so it must be the country squire model like this one.  I'll be back there July 17th and i'll get some pictures of it.  The thing is a time capsule and is just mint! 
Woops, forgot you said it was a Ranchero earlier. :-\ Darn Alzheimer's!! :icon_smile_angry:
Yeah, so they put that front end on Ranchero's too...plus wagons, for some reason. The 4-door sedans had a different front end, who knows why.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

GreenMachine

The ending of this movie reminded me of the ending of John Wayne's final movie "The Shootist". I wonder if that's where he got the idea.
If it ain't broke, fix it 'till it is.

SeattleCharger

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Rolling_Thunder

I always liked the 1970 Torino

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

mopar_nut_440_6

1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

BrianShaughnessy

Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

ACUDANUT

Cool movie. I like my 72 Ranchero GT better, and it's not GREEN.

SeattleCharger

GET OFF MY LAWN        :slap:

Todd Wilson

Quote from: SeattleChargerDog on July 02, 2009, 04:21:52 PM

GET OFF MY LAWN        :slap:

HAHA!   And he drinks PBR too!!!!!!!!!!!   excellent movie. I seen it several months ago.

Todd

Charger_Fan

I finally saw it last weekend...I love it! :icon_smile_big:
Some of the politically incorrect cracks he came up with just had me rolling :smilielol: The ending, while a little unfair, seemed to be the best to really fix the overall situation IMO.

The scene when he was sitting on his porch, grumbling to himself about the old lady next door...they eyeball each other, then he spits in disgust...only then she spits an even BIGGER load! :o He walks away...beaten. LOL!!! :rofl:

moparstuart

Quote from: Charger_Fan on July 06, 2009, 02:34:00 PM
I finally saw it last weekend...I love it! :icon_smile_big:
Some of the politically incorrect cracks he came up with just had me rolling :smilielol: The ending, while a little unfair, seemed to be the best to really fix the overall situation IMO.

The scene when he was sitting on his porch, grumbling to himself about the old lady next door...they eyeball each other, then he spits in disgust...only then she spits an even BIGGER load! :o He walks away...beaten. LOL!!! :rofl:
I bought it saturday and watched it yesterday for the first time , He was the classic grumpy old man . Great movie I loved it.

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

quapman

Good flick, and more F-bombs per hour than any movie in the last ten years!  :smilielol:

Must have popcorn with movie.   :popcrn:

Todd Wilson

Quote from: moparstuart on July 06, 2009, 03:26:10 PM
I
I bought it saturday and watched it yesterday for the first time , He was the classic grumpy old man . Great movie I loved it.

I hope to be grumpy like him some day!

Todd

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Todd Wilson on July 07, 2009, 09:51:57 AM
I

Yeah, my wife turned to me and said "that's gonna be YOU soon". I hope so. :D

moparstuart

I

Todd

wearing a nice new tailor suit    :D

Brock Samson

my buddy turned to me and said "It's You!"  :shruggy:

quapman

Quote from: Charger_Fan on July 07, 2009, 02:28:58 PM
I

Yeah, my wife turned to me and said "that's gonna be YOU soon". I hope so. :D

It's me NOW. And I'm only 43.  :RantExplode:

nh_mopar_fan

I loved the movie. Eastwood hit it out of the park in his final at bat.

Jamie Cullum (who I never heard of) does a great job on the song too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoLc43YuuTw

PocketThunder

Quote from: Charger_Fan on June 25, 2009, 02:06:40 PM

Woops, forgot you said it was a Ranchero earlier. :-\ Darn Alzheimer's!! :icon_smile_angry:
Yeah, so they put that front end on Ranchero's too...plus wagons, for some reason. The 4-door sedans had a different front end, who knows why.

Here it is.  Must be a 74 maybe?   :shruggy:  I dont know but the thing is mint..  :yesnod:

Charger_Fan

Yep, that's the more common front end. '73 to '76, if I remember correctly...same front end as the Starsky & Hutch Torino.
That's a good looking Ranchero, though...even if it is green. ;D

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on July 19, 2009, 09:57:49 PM

Here it is.  Must be a 74 maybe?   :shruggy:  I dont know but the thing is mint..  :yesnod:
you trading the charger for it paul

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on July 20, 2009, 03:06:41 PM
Quote from: PocketThunder on July 19, 2009, 09:57:49 PM

you trading the charger for it paul

the kids could ride in the back.....   :scratchchin:

jb666

The wife and I watched this the other night and LOVED it.. Classic Clint..  :cheers:

ACUDANUT

Quote from: Charger_Fan on July 20, 2009, 02:52:56 PM
Yep, that's the more common front end. '73 to '76, if I remember correctly...same front end as the Starsky & Hutch Torino.
It's not a 73 for sure.  I have a 73 Ranchero GT. It's a 74 or maybe a 75.

Troy

I bought it ($5 pre-viewed at Blockbuster) and watched it again last night. There were a few things I missed the first time. I watch movies as an "escape" so I try not to get too deep into the morals/messages or it can get depressing. You can't help it though if you watch a movie enough times to pick up on all the nuances.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Troy on July 22, 2009, 03:18:58 PM
I bought it ($5 pre-viewed at Blockbuster) and watched it again last night. There were a few things I missed the first time. I watch movies as an "escape" so I try not to get too deep into the morals/messages or it can get depressing. You can't help it though if you watch a movie enough times to pick up on all the nuances.

Troy

deep man     :scratchchin:       no, I hear ya.  also you see a lot of foreshadowing that you couldn't notice the first time, since you didn't know how the story was going to go exactly first time through.    Grand Torino does have a lot of morals/messages in it.  the family priest/pastor tried to tell clind how to change,  clint let him council him and went a long with it in a way, but really clint was only maybe motivated by his council a little, but did do it his own way,  which was awesome that he decided himself how to settle things up in his mind,   great story

Charger_Fan

Quote from: ACUDANUT on July 22, 2009, 02:49:54 PM
Quote from: Charger_Fan on July 20, 2009, 02:52:56 PM
It's not a 73 for sure.  I have a 73 Ranchero GT. It's a 74 or maybe a 75.
Upon further study, I believe you're quite right. ;) That later style is so similar for the next few years, that I always have a hard time nailing down the exact year. Looks pretty much the same as this '75 from an eGouge ad & '76 looks identical...so does '74, but it has a little emblem on the grille.

nh_mopar_fan

Just watched it again.

For some reason, this thing really makes me sadand it's more than the movie. I think knowing Eastwood has said it's his last acting role kinda makes it even sadder.

He hit it out of the park in his last at bat though.