News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Premier Plastic Reproductions:

Started by Captain D, December 23, 2008, 02:08:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Hello guys,

I realize that there are quite a few threads regarding Premier Plastics, so it is not my intention to begin another heated thread. Although it's a long shot, I'm simply writing to see if anyone knows and can PM me their home address. I purchased one of their repro'd grilles about a year ago. I already have their primary mailing address off of their website, but legal action is being taken and I am in need of their home address if anyone knows what this address may be...

"Thank you" for any and all help,
Aaron

1FastCharger

There was another thread with the home address, but a memeber went by and the house was empty. I don't know if someone has a new address.

On another note I picked up the new issue of Mopar Action and their damn ad is in the back of the mag. I sent their ad director an email. Maybe a few more emails will get the ad pulled for good.

"Brett,
     I just picked up the April 09 issue at HEB. I was surprised to see the Premier Plastic Reproductions ad on page 95. I don't know if you are aware, but this company has ripped of many Charger owners, myself included. There is even a restorer that bought $5000 worth of grilles - I think they have a pending lawsuit. If you have time for some reading follow this link http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,42557.0.html or go to dodgecharger.com and type Premier Plastics in the search. I know magazines need to accept ads to generate revenue, but I would hate to think you accept ads from companies that hurt your subscribers. Thanks for you time.
Chris"
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

Captain D

Thank you for the response. That's good that you wrote to the ad director informing him of the corruption currently taking place at Premier....

Kindest Regards,
Aaron

XS29J

If legal action is being taken keep us informed on how it goes or maybe a contact of your lawyer as more may want to join and make it a class action lawsuit. 

Aussiemadonmopars

Hi guys,

I saw that Premier Plastics advertised again in the June 09 issue of Mopar action so I contacted the advertising director - Brett Underwood - It seems even the magazine got taken for a ride as well:

Quote:
They have been thrown out and we have the law trying to find them......We got screwed as well......

I wonder how much revenue they lost???

It's a f$@#en great shame given the need for their product.

Does anyone else make them? Has anyone else looked at the possibilities of getting the stuff reproed in either China or India? Anyone done a business plan?

Regards,
Aussiemadonmopars.

68charger383

If they are a corporation, then you can go to the state where they are incorporated and they will/should list a person who will accept service of process on their behalf. Once served, you can proceed in court and obtain a default judgement if they fail to appear by showing service on the above person. Collecting is a whole other thing.

Basically, they will wait and after everyone gets judgements they will declare bankruptcy.

It's a shame, from what I remember reading from people who actually got the grille, they actually made a great product.  :slap:
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

bull

Has anyone ever just called them and asked for an address?

What's odd to me about this company is that it would seem there's a lot of money that could be made honestly with nice reproduction grills. Why not make a good product and keep people happy to make your money instead of basically putting a price on your own head?

1FastCharger

One of the reasons this country is going to shit. The hard working spirit of America we had in the 1950s is gone. Now we have the lazy ass - give me something for nothing attitude today.

PS-I'm 39 even though I might sound like an old codger.

Aussiemadonmopars

Hi guys,

I don't want to turn this thread into a bitch session about how the western world has lost its way.  :rotz: Just tell me the facts. If I could fly to China/India tomorow and get these reproduced, how much of a market would there be?? Would I make my money back, at the very least, for the return on investment. Throw some figures at me. Personally I don't care where its made so long as its able to be bought. We're talking 40 yr old vehicles here.

We have the technology in the western world, but we've priced ourselves out of the ability to make it ourselves, like a lot of stuff. I would of thought the grilles that Premier Plastics produced would be a bit more expensive. Although granted, they sound like a backyard operation. I'm not defending their actions but they too would be worried about return on investment and probably havent put much thought into running the business properly or getting any bigger than what they are. Go big or go home I say.  :RantExplode:

"I have a Dream!!". ::) "That one day we could build a whole Hemi 'Cuda convertible from spare parts available from aftermarket suppliers". "And that this Hemi Cuda convertible would do 6 sec's down the quarter mile, do 100 mpg, stop on a dime, handle like a F1 GP car, clean the environment as it drove along and my wife could drive it down the corner store without scratching it. All at no one elses expense!!".  :scratchchin:
Thats my dream and my  :Twocents: .

Regards,
Aussiemadonmopars.

bull

Quote from: Aussiemadonmopars on May 23, 2009, 10:01:35 AM
Hi guys,

I don't want to turn this thread into a bitch session about how the western world has lost its way.  :rotz: Just tell me the facts. If I could fly to China/India tomorow and get these reproduced, how much of a market would there be?? Would I make my money back, at the very least, for the return on investment. Throw some figures at me. Personally I don't care where its made so long as its able to be bought. We're talking 40 yr old vehicles here.

We have the technology in the western world, but we've priced ourselves out of the ability to make it ourselves, like a lot of stuff. I would of thought the grilles that Premier Plastics produced would be a bit more expensive. Although granted, they sound like a backyard operation. I'm not defending their actions but they too would be worried about return on investment and probably havent put much thought into running the business properly or getting any bigger than what they are. Go big or go home I say.  :RantExplode:

Regards,
Aussiemadonmopars.

The reason the PP grills are not more expensive is two-fold. First of all they are crooks, and expensive parts don't exactly lend themselves to effective scamming. Although that's enough of a problem right there the other problem is they don't build them right by using the injection molding process so if anyone does take on this task for real they'd have to do it right and make them like the originals were made. I would think you'd make most of your money on parts rather than entire assemblies but assemblies would sell too. The problem is, like you said, there aren't many 2nd gens out there and all three are different so making your money back could be a problem. To sell them cheap enough to get them sold while building them nice enough to spare no expense would be a difficult thing to do. Still, BE&A makes taillight assemblies specific to 1968 and although they're expensive as hell you can still buy seperate parts of them to get by. If people could just buy a new headlight surround or two, or just a center piece for $400-$500 in addition to selling entire assemblies to the guys with gobs of cash you could probably make your money back.

Mike DC

If AMD believes that they're justified in tooling up 2/3rds of the whole damn car in the actual steel panels, then I think AMD or someone could justify doing the plastic grilles.

But if Premier Plastics had gotten and kept its act together, then that would have negated the need to do it.   

Now that it's clear that PP isn't gonna last, maybe FINALLY someone else will tool up these things for real. 

1FastCharger

Quote from: Aussiemadonmopars on May 23, 2009, 10:01:35 AM
Hi guys,

"I have a Dream!!". ::) "That one day we could build a whole Hemi 'Cuda convertible from spare parts available from aftermarket suppliers". "And that this Hemi Cuda convertible would do 6 sec's down the quarter mile, do 100 mpg, stop on a dime, handle like a F1 GP car, clean the environment as it drove along and my wife could drive it down the corner store without scratching it. All at no one elses expense!!".  :scratchchin:
Thats my dream and my  :Twocents: .

Regards,
Aussiemadonmopars.

I have a dream this Aussie dude got rich building Cuda's. Wanting to give back he picked a random DC.com member "ME" and shipped me a really nice Falcon XB ...it wouldn't even need to be a GT.  ;D

Aussiemadonmopars

Well, a p-p-p-piece from here and a p-p-p-piece from there..... Why a Frord though??? Why not an Aussie Charger???

1FastCharger

Quote from: Aussiemadonmopars on May 24, 2009, 06:54:29 AM
Well, a p-p-p-piece from here and a p-p-p-piece from there..... Why a Frord though??? Why not an Aussie Charger???

Oh...that would be cool too, but a XB built into a Mad Max clone would be over the top.  Plus I like Mopars and Fords. Don't care much for GM. 

Aussiemadonmopars

I just priced up an E38 Charger - Bathurst model - equivalent of a Daytona, going cheap at $150k or about $120k US.
He said he was chasing a US 69 Charger and would consider a trade but still just out of my reach:
http://www.moparmarket.com/classifieds_view.php?classifiedad=27187

bigroge1

and to think i was gonna throw away my old broken grill to buy another one from these jack asses thanks for the info :pity:

mopar goddess

Landonsrt

Well i am glad I read this thread. I was seriously considering buying one of their repro grilles! I found a listing for one of their grilles on Ebay last week.  Where else is a good place to get a new grille assembly for my 69?

Mike DC

There isn't another one.  That's the problem.   

And that's why I've been so eager to see PP go under.  The demand is there, but there isn't room in the market for two places making the same grille. 

Ghoste

And unfortunately something that doesn't truly exist can't go under.  It's almost like a telephone scam or one of those internet deals from Nigeria.