News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 CHarger Updated

Started by G-man, December 23, 2008, 12:04:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

G-man

Hi

I just baught myself a 750cfm Double Pumper Holley HP Street carburetor for my stock 383ci 68 Charger. I also got a Wieand Action Plus Dual plane intake manifold. Replaced the old coil with a Pro comp coil (40-50 000 volt) and NGK IRIDIUM spark plugs to replace the crappy Champions.

This car now hits 80mph in 2nd gear. I couldnt believe it can go that hard with a stock 383. Still running the rubbish original headers. WHen i stick 3" collectors on with new exhausts... Wonder how good it will go then.

You also can not beat a DP carby. Totaly responsive, does what you want it to, power is there instantaneously and its more economical than a Vacuum secondary (if you control your foot to drive off primaries only/all the time)

Dont even know why they make VS carbies.

Sublime/Sixpack

Curious;  what gears (ratio) do you have in the rearend?
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

G-man

Dont know. When I replace my clutch with a heavy duty clutch (Next week) should be able to tell you the Ratio.

I believe its more than 3.23.

Might be either the 3.91 or the 3.53 (or whichever the one is inbetween)

Blade_1

Quote from: Sublime/Sixpack on December 23, 2008, 12:12:44 AM
Curious;  what gears (ratio) do you have in the rearend?

Vacuum secondary or mechanical? I took my Carter off and put on a 780 duel feed, but it was vac secondaries uh huh.

And school bus gas don't go well into 12.5:1 squeeze, and you can't light up for at least 3 days cause school bus gas tastes bad yup.

80 in second? Sounds like a 3.23 in back! Or 3.08...

skip68

:scratchchin:  Two words come to mind when I hear 80mph in 2nd.  REV LIMITER.  :yesnod:  If you got one great. If not, get one.   :Twocents:  Do you have an electric choke?   I can't wait til I get my new carb but I guess I'll have to.  Any pics. ?   :drool5:  :2thumbs:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

G-man

The 750 cfm HP street Holley has NO choke (mechanical secondaries - Double pumper)

No choke is awesome also.

Revs... Might off been 7000 I know it was screaming its head off and I dont have a RPM gauge...

Will get pics off all the new goodies on the car... give me a bit of time.

charger Downunder

Good to here its coming along well.
[/quote]

Joshua

Quote from: G-man on December 23, 2008, 04:21:54 AM
The 750 cfm HP street Holley has NO choke (mechanical secondaries - Double pumper)

No choke is awesome also.

Revs... Might off been 7000 I know it was screaming its head off and I dont have a RPM gauge...

Hmmmm.....you think @ 7000rpm with a "stock" 383 eh???? The valves will float way before then... :Twocents:
And if you don't know why they make VS carbs????? Really???:slap:

RPM gauge???

You talk funny..... :nana:

Good luck with the DP on your stock engine........they are a good carb. :2thumbs: