News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Gas tank/sending unit/lines!

Started by terrible one, December 22, 2008, 11:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

terrible one

What is the cheapest source for a replacement gas tank? And the straps? I may also need the j- bolts too.

Also, I've seen a 5/16" sending unit and a 3/8". The engine is a mildly built 383. I figured I would go ahead and go 3/8" but just want to make sure that won't be too much. That being said, where is the cheapest place to find the sending unit as well?

Next, I need the hard lines that go from the back to the front. Sources?

squeakfinder

I just got my 3/8 sending unit and 3/8 line from Adeals. The line is actually from Inline tube. The sending unit is from somewhere else so there's separate shipping. There on ebay, or you can go to there website....

http://www.adealsauto.com/

No problems with Adeals but Fedex service really sucks wright now where I live.

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

squeakfinder

terrible one

Quote from: squeakfinder on December 24, 2008, 05:53:15 PM

Looks like they have a pakage deal.....

http://www.marketworks.com/StoreFrontProfiles/DeluxeSFItemDetail.aspx?sid=1&sfid=81465&c=555666&i=241702870

Now THAT is perfect. I'll go to Fine Lines for the lines I suppose since they pleased me so much with my brake lines. Thank you so much man!  :2thumbs:

jaak

Thats who I bought my sending unit and tank from, great price and quick shipping, I give them an A++

Jason

squeakfinder

I guess you have to ask for an invoice.  :shruggy:

PocketThunder

I thought you pulled a 440 out of a motor home for you car?  Did that not pan out?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

terrible one

Wow I'm surprised you remember that! It didn't. I got ready to drive the motorhome home and the thing was only running on half power, stuttering, etc. so I said fuck it and to make things better the guy was standing there and offered me my money back, so I took it.

I ended up buying a rebuilt 383 for it. Although a bit more expensive ($1500 vs. $500) it had all new bearings, ARP hardware, forged crank, new TRW flat tops, worked 346 heads with stainless valves, etc. . . motor is a '71 383 HP and is claimed to be out of an E body but I haven't looked for the VIN. I'm more satisfied going this route over the tired old 440 though.

b5blue

There's a great thread on dashboards that will show you how to check calibration of that sending unit when you get too!(Over in "interiors") 

Silver R/T

got my sending unit/tank a while ago off of ebay for very good price for each.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722