News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fresh ideas for Chrysler

Started by als500, December 21, 2008, 12:35:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

als500

How about a new 2 door charger with a 500 horsepower hybrid that made 50 mpg... :icon_smile_cool:

RallyeMike

Yeah, why didnt they think of that?

Lets continue the list:

... that blows hundreds out the tailpipe, and....

1969 Charger 500 #232008
1972 Charger, Grand Sport #41
1973 Charger "T/A"

Drive as fast as you want to on a public road! Click here for info: http://www.sscc.us/

greenpigs

They could start by having more than one body design for the entire line, excluding the Challenger. They will never do it but lowering the intial cost would get more buisness or I guess more 15 - 18K car choices.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

69bronzeT5

My friend Travis (his last name is Chrysler...he's convinced his family has something to do with Chrysler Corp.) says they need to make their cars more fuel efficent. :scratchchin:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

quapman

Brock Samson

I'm sorry but excess production capacity and dwindling credit are a one two punch a lack of wheel flares cross hair grills or two extra doors will not overcome.
The Chally and that new Ram seem absolutely awesome but I've seen one chally on the road and no rams.
I'm surrounded by Toyota hybrids at every light however..

Ghoste

I don't see many hybrids around here in the midwest, it doesn't surprise me that you are surrounded by them in San Fran Brock.  As for mileage, what is your friend comparing them to Bronzy?  I find that when they are compared to vehicles in their class they are within the rating of their competitors.  I agree that when look at hybrids and sub-compacts and commuter microcars that Mopar is lacking but I don't see those kind of cars flying off the lots around here.  Don't know about BC obviously.
The model choice thing is another topic too as that is one of the reasons that Detroit bashers are using right now to prove they are doomed.  Detroit spends (so I'm told) billions on r&d for new models all the time whereas the brilliant and perfect Asian car makers just keep subtly evolving the same few brilliant and perfect cars.

greenpigs

I was looking at the V6 Avenger RT 30K and 16 mpg city, its a joke! Go ahead and call me poor but 20K is my limit for a new ride. No plans to sell or trade the truck as its been paid off since July, but the family cant all fit in the truck now.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

Mopar2Ya

Chrysler needs to get the meat & potatoes $ makers going first. Then work on the high performance end. They cant wait too long, the Caddy CTS-V's 550hp($62k). The rumor is that there is a long list of vehicles either on the chopping block or up for redesign: Avenger/Sebring, Commander, Durango, Patriot, etc. They need a better selling cross over small ute & a subcompact car. On the performance end they need to make a change to the SRT8(425hp ~$44k) lineup w/the new 422hp Camaro coming(~$33k). IMO.

1970 Charger R/T
2006 GC SRT8

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Ghoste on December 21, 2008, 03:16:02 PM
As for mileage, what is your friend comparing them to Bronzy?

Well, he says it would help if every Dodge car and truck wasn't stuffed with a Hemi. :lol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Ghoste

You mean like the SRT Hemi Calibers for example?  :icon_smile_wink:

WingCharger

Charger74

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on December 21, 2008, 05:53:51 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on December 21, 2008, 03:16:02 PM
As for mileage, what is your friend comparing them to Bronzy?

Well, he says it would help if every Dodge car and truck wasn't stuffed with a Hemi. :lol:

Bronzy, in case you don't know this, but it cost Chrysler a lot less money to make those hemi that it does a regular v-8 motor, say the 318 and 360, and almost the same as some of the v-6's.   So for them to put it in all those cars makes a lot of sense.  Also the 2009 hemis get better gas mileage as well as a boost in hp and torque thanks to the mds.

Mike DC

Chrysler doesn't need more horsepower. 

They need to stop making cars that go back to the dealership for warranty work 3x in the first two years. 

WingCharger

I hope the big wigs at Chrysler LLC. read this. I have gotten into arguments about what led to Chrysler's possible demise.
Diamler Killed Chrysler!!!

Before the merger, Chrysler had deep pockets, and was pushing more product than Ford. Diamler sucked all Chrysler's savings away, and then left them squandering for cash. Not to mention the failed models they thought would appeal to the American people. :brickwall:

The worst thing that happened to Chrysler was the return of the Sales Bank. Iaccoca got rid of it, and that helped save the company. When Diamler merged, the big wigs brought it back because they get paid based on the number of cars produced, not sold.

Now, cars are sitting rusting away in huge storage lots, costing the company money for storage, when before if the dealer wanted a car, they would just order right from Chrysler for their lot, or for a customer. Meanwhile, the company continues to push these Sales Bank cars right down the dealers throat.

Just my  :Twocents: