News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"The A-Team" (2009)

Started by JoeyGowdy, December 20, 2008, 04:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeyGowdy

"The A-Team 2009" :

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0429493

Looks like Bruce Willis, Woody Harrelson and Ice Cube are going to be in it, "A group of Iraq War veterans looks to clear their name with the US military..."  Hearing Ice Cube or Bruce Willis say "I pitty the fool..." is going to take some getting used to.

::)
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

Arizona Dave

I look forward to the stunts.   :popcrn:  You know they'll be cool cars, pretty girls, car chases and explosions!   :yesnod:
High Speed & Low Drag, Baby!
Look me up when you're in AZ.
Arizona Dave

BigRed66

"...between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel..."

TheGhost

It has Bruce Willis.  That alone will make me go see it.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: Arizona Dave on December 20, 2008, 05:23:56 PMYou know they'll be cool cars, pretty girls, car chases and explosions!

From this:

To this:

Hopefully this:

But probably this:

::)

BigRed66

Does it say who's who on imdb?

Guessing:
Hannibal: Bruce Willis
Murdock: Woody Harrellson
Face: Dane Cook, maybe??  :shruggy:
B.A.: Ice Cube
"...between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel..."

greenpigs

Why can't they leave the show alone.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

JoeyGowdy

teamroth

Hopefully BK auto doesn't build the A-team van!!
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Hemidog

Quote from: terrible one on December 21, 2008, 07:34:13 PM
Quote from: greenpigs on December 21, 2008, 02:37:06 PM

My thoughts exactly!
Hollywood can't leave anything alone. What are they gonna do when they run out of marvel and dc-comic characters?   :shruggy:

PocketThunder

Quote from: Hemidog on December 22, 2008, 04:36:32 PM
Quote from: terrible one on December 21, 2008, 07:34:13 PM

My thoughts exactly!
Hollywood can't leave anything alone. What are they gonna do when they run out of marvel and dc-comic characters?   :shruggy:

They will start over again.  How many Batman films have been done in the past 15 years...?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

gordo1968charger

i ll see it,still praying for a last boy scout 2 but after 16 years it ain t gonna happen.
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

Mike DC

QuoteThey will start over again.  How many Batman films have been done in the past 15 years...?

Long-term franchises like superheros can survive a run of bad movies.  Something more recent may not be able to. 

JoeyGowdy

I've always been weary of re-makes...  :shruggy:

Mike DC

The biggest problem with remakes is that Hollywood insists on "improving" them so often.  They ALWAYS feel something about the old source material needs improving "for today's audience."  And then about 19 times out of 20, the audience walks out of the movie saying, "It was great during the parts when they were doing it just like the original but everything they changed about it sucked."

Part of the problem is because currently the studios are doing too many remakes instead of just letting people do original stuff.  I think there would be more respect for the original material if it wasn't always being remade by people who would rather be doing their own thing at the time. 

JoeyGowdy

True... perfect example of that would be "The Hulk" and then a couple years later "The Incredible Hulk"... re-makes should only be done after 20 - 30 years in my opinion.

Brock Samson

Yeah but the new Punisher is sooo much better then that last one they did just a few years back,..
and the two latest Batmen (?)  are so much better then the few before that...
the new Startrek looks to be pretty good too..
:scratchchin: 'n I can't wait to see the new Catwomen...  :drool5: 
of course some should be just left alone like the Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind and Ben Hur...
though there was a silent Ben Hur prior...

Mike DC

I liked the Thomas Jane & John Travolta "Punisher" flick.  I haven't seen the new one.

The TJ/JT one was gritty and realistic.  It might not make $300 million bucks but I could watch it without totally turning off the adult part of my brain.  It also felt kind of like a 1980s TV action show, which was cool IMHO. 

b5blue

Lets do a movie where the cars are the stars, like Vanishing Point!Joey?

Arkgl01

A new Vanishing point would be AWESOME!!! They could even use a new challanger!! :coolgleamA:
69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

b5blue

SeattleCharger

Cool!!!   :2thumbs:   The A-Team    :coolgleamA:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

gordo1968charger

dirty mary crazy larry remake.with maybe the gummy ben affleck has peter fonda and matt damon as deke,jury is still out who plays mary though,can t think of anyone with bad enough teeth!
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

SeattleCharger

Quote from: gordo1968charger on December 26, 2008, 02:55:15 AM
dirty mary crazy larry remake.with maybe the gummy ben affleck has peter fonda and matt damon as deke,jury is still out who plays mary though,can t think of anyone with bad enough teeth!

heh,         muh muh . . .  matt damon

aussiemuscle

because short-sighted producers don't want to take a chance on anything.  :icon_smile_blackeye:

Mike DC

Look at the costs of modern big-summer-blockbuster movies. 

Putting $150 million on the line tends to make people a little more risk-averse than when they're making an Adam Sandler movie.     

Arkgl01

moparsons

Pretty cool parts hauler!!! :2thumbs:  What kind of wing is used on those?

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

runningman

Silver R/T

Bruce Willis is a decent actor, this movie might be a success.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

SeattleCharger

I love it when a plan comes together.     

ya, bruce willis should be cool in the a-team,   

Look at the impact of that one show, we even
                                   have an icon from it on the charger site:  :icon_smile_big:

:mrt:

Rolling_Thunder

All I know is there is a movie coming out (supposevely) called "The Expendables" - The cast list honestly made my jaw drop - granted alot of these guys are past their "prime" but still amazing to see this many "big" actors in one movie....

Jason Statham   

Mickey Rourke   

Sylvester Stallone   

Arnold Schwarzenegger      

Jet Li   

Eric Roberts       

Forest Whitaker   

Dolph Lundgren

Steve Austin
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Khyron

Quote from: gordo1968charger on December 26, 2008, 02:55:15 AM

I want you to walk yourself outside and kick yourself right in the dangler :lol:

matt Damon indeed!

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Arkgl01

No I had the van built by scotlea idol rods. He did a nice job on it!

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Arkgl01 on March 25, 2009, 09:15:33 AM
No I had the van built by scotlea idol rods. He did a nice job on it!

whoa man, I thought you were joking.   That is actually your van?   cool, I bet that gets a lot of neck turns or comments,  looks exactly like the original,    :2thumbs:     what's the engine in it? 

dukeboy320

George Peppard is rolling over in his grave :cryin:
Massively Over Powerd And Respected

KS71owner

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 25, 2008, 12:09:42 AM
I liked the Thomas Jane & John Travolta "Punisher" flick.  I haven't seen the new one.

The TJ/JT one was gritty and realistic.  It might not make $300 million bucks but I could watch it without totally turning off the adult part of my brain.  It also felt kind of like a 1980s TV action show, which was cool IMHO. 

The new Punisher flick IMO is mostly junk. The guy playing Castle looks and acts just like Garth Ennis' Punisher, which I love. Perfect casting there, no complaints. The problem I had with the movie is the dialogue was for the most part terrible, and every other character was either a drooling moron or a cackling lunatic. Jigsaw in this movie is NOT the Jigsaw of the comics. If they had gone for the hard 'R' and just done the Garth Ennis storylines, they would have made an awesome movie. It came close in places, but those moments were fleeting and far too few. Punisher villians can be smart and evil. The comic has dealt with pretty heavy topics in the past (human trafficking, child abuse, kidnapping etc.) and I think a storyline that is not just a revenge piece would serve the character better. Man On Fire (starring Denzel Washington} is a perfect example of how a good Punisher movie could have been made.

Something else that seems to get lost too is that people need to remember that the Punisher is just as crazy as some of the people he kills. The guy is a psycho, certainly damaged by tragedy but still psychotic. He's a serial killer of criminals.

Mike DC

QuoteThe new Punisher flick IMO is mostly junk. The guy playing Castle looks and acts just like Garth Ennis' Punisher, which I love. Perfect casting there, no complaints. The problem I had with the movie is the dialogue was for the most part terrible, and every other character was either a drooling moron or a cackling lunatic. Jigsaw in this movie is NOT the Jigsaw of the comics.

That's kind of what I suspected about the new one.  Just from the previews it looked bigger but not necessarily better.

QuoteIf they had gone for the hard 'R' and just done the Garth Ennis storylines, they would have made an awesome movie. It came close in places, but those moments were fleeting and far too few. Punisher villians can be smart and evil. The comic has dealt with pretty heavy topics in the past (human trafficking, child abuse, kidnapping etc.) and I think a storyline that is not just a revenge piece would serve the character better

"Everything about the remake was good except all the stuff they changed."   <--- this is basically the story of Hollywood's entire last 15 years. 

SeattleCharger

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on December 25, 2008, 12:09:42 AM

same here.    great flick, and a cool mopar too!

"Get the Russian."     -travolta

"You brought a knife to a gunfight."    -last words of johnny cash look-alike assasin