News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

"The A-Team" (2009)

Started by JoeyGowdy, December 20, 2008, 04:27:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeyGowdy

"The A-Team 2009" :

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0429493

Looks like Bruce Willis, Woody Harrelson and Ice Cube are going to be in it, "A group of Iraq War veterans looks to clear their name with the US military..."  Hearing Ice Cube or Bruce Willis say "I pitty the fool..." is going to take some getting used to.

::)
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

Arizona Dave

I look forward to the stunts.   :popcrn:  You know they'll be cool cars, pretty girls, car chases and explosions!   :yesnod:
High Speed & Low Drag, Baby!
Look me up when you're in AZ.
Arizona Dave

BigRed66

"...between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel..."

TheGhost

It has Bruce Willis.  That alone will make me go see it.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

JoeyGowdy

Quote from: Arizona Dave on December 20, 2008, 05:23:56 PMYou know they'll be cool cars, pretty girls, car chases and explosions!

From this:

To this:

Hopefully this:

But probably this:

::)

BigRed66

Does it say who's who on imdb?

Guessing:
Hannibal: Bruce Willis
Murdock: Woody Harrellson
Face: Dane Cook, maybe??  :shruggy:
B.A.: Ice Cube
"...between the velvet lies, there's a truth that's hard as steel..."

greenpigs

Why can't they leave the show alone.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

JoeyGowdy

teamroth

Hopefully BK auto doesn't build the A-team van!!
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Hemidog

Quote from: terrible one on December 21, 2008, 07:34:13 PM
Quote from: greenpigs on December 21, 2008, 02:37:06 PM

My thoughts exactly!
Hollywood can't leave anything alone. What are they gonna do when they run out of marvel and dc-comic characters?   :shruggy:

PocketThunder

Quote from: Hemidog on December 22, 2008, 04:36:32 PM
Quote from: terrible one on December 21, 2008, 07:34:13 PM
Quote from: greenpigs on December 21, 2008, 02:37:06 PM

My thoughts exactly!
Hollywood can't leave anything alone. What are they gonna do when they run out of marvel and dc-comic characters?   :shruggy:

They will start over again.  How many Batman films have been done in the past 15 years...?
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

gordo1968charger

i ll see it,still praying for a last boy scout 2 but after 16 years it ain t gonna happen.
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

Mike DC

QuoteThey will start over again.  How many Batman films have been done in the past 15 years...?

Long-term franchises like superheros can survive a run of bad movies.  Something more recent may not be able to. 

JoeyGowdy

I've always been weary of re-makes...  :shruggy:

Mike DC

The biggest problem with remakes is that Hollywood insists on "improving" them so often.  They ALWAYS feel something about the old source material needs improving "for today's audience."  And then about 19 times out of 20, the audience walks out of the movie saying, "It was great during the parts when they were doing it just like the original but everything they changed about it sucked."

Part of the problem is because currently the studios are doing too many remakes instead of just letting people do original stuff.  I think there would be more respect for the original material if it wasn't always being remade by people who would rather be doing their own thing at the time. 

JoeyGowdy

True... perfect example of that would be "The Hulk" and then a couple years later "The Incredible Hulk"... re-makes should only be done after 20 - 30 years in my opinion.

Brock Samson

Yeah but the new Punisher is sooo much better then that last one they did just a few years back,..
and the two latest Batmen (?)  are so much better then the few before that...
the new Startrek looks to be pretty good too..
:scratchchin: 'n I can't wait to see the new Catwomen...  :drool5: 
of course some should be just left alone like the Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind and Ben Hur...
though there was a silent Ben Hur prior...

Mike DC

I liked the Thomas Jane & John Travolta "Punisher" flick.  I haven't seen the new one.

The TJ/JT one was gritty and realistic.  It might not make $300 million bucks but I could watch it without totally turning off the adult part of my brain.  It also felt kind of like a 1980s TV action show, which was cool IMHO. 

b5blue

Lets do a movie where the cars are the stars, like Vanishing Point!Joey?

Arkgl01

A new Vanishing point would be AWESOME!!! They could even use a new challanger!! :coolgleamA:
69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

b5blue

SeattleCharger

Cool!!!   :2thumbs:   The A-Team    :coolgleamA:

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

gordo1968charger

dirty mary crazy larry remake.with maybe the gummy ben affleck has peter fonda and matt damon as deke,jury is still out who plays mary though,can t think of anyone with bad enough teeth!
68 charger+4 kids=2 jobs

SeattleCharger

Quote from: gordo1968charger on December 26, 2008, 02:55:15 AM
dirty mary crazy larry remake.with maybe the gummy ben affleck has peter fonda and matt damon as deke,jury is still out who plays mary though,can t think of anyone with bad enough teeth!

heh,         muh muh . . .  matt damon

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.