News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Charger R/T 4spd on GSA Auctions

Started by TruckDriver, December 18, 2008, 08:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chargerrtforme

Quote from: Indydoc on January 22, 2009, 08:38:27 AM
The new owner will be a little disappointed when they see their New Toy...I looked at it personally and it is Not worth that money.

Doug
It's not a Hemi car correct?  Maybe they think it is?

moparstuart

And I thought you spend pennies on the dollar at all those government auctions  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Indydoc

It is NOT a Hemi Car..........the VIN I posted comes up a 440 HP..........BUT, remember the VIN plate on the dash is held in place with 2 phillips head screws and the numbers on the radiator yolk or rear tail could NOT be found when I personally looked at the  car.  Therefore, there is NO way to document this car.

Doug

Tilar

Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Indydoc

They will be in for a surprise when they see their new toy...
Doug

Just 6T9 CHGR

Thanks for posting the VIN#....that car has been trying to sell since 2006...orig in Oklahoma City, OK then in Flint, MI the same year...I've had it in the registry since then.

They seem to have done some mods since then....namely the hood etc.

This is what it looked like from an ebay ad in '06...I have pics of the tag as well

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

rt green

third string oil changer

1969chargerrtse

33k. That is amazing. I guess it pays to wait if they have been trying to sell it since 06?  Oh, wrong color grille. To light ( my pet peeve ).   Thanks for the info and pictures Chris, another reason why the registries are so helpful.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

68r/t

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on January 23, 2009, 08:19:31 AM
33k. That is amazing. I guess it pays to wait if they have been trying to sell it since 06?  Oh, wrong color grille. To light ( my pet peeve ).   Thanks for the info and pictures Chris, another reason why the registries are so helpful.

I think the grill color is going to be the least of the new owners problems.

69charger2002

black painted woodgrain wheel.. NICE. yeah my first red flag is gonna be that VIN#. hope it's a legit R/T body.....
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Ghoste

That Hardcore place was a hell of an operation wasn't it?  After they destroyed that one Charger in their idiotic jumping stunt I have to say that I'm glad they went under before they went into Charger destruction full time.  It looks like that was their intention.  Maybe not, but all the same I would have been happier if they had stuck to Chevrolets.

TUFCAT

If I recall correctly, wasn't Hardcore Racing involved in selling (or trying to sell) the original reproduction full quarters for the 69 Chargers a couple years ago? I don't think they ever sold a single one, but claimed to have the stamping....or something like that?

Ghoste

nitrousn

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 23, 2009, 12:47:04 PM
If I recall correctly, wasn't Hardcore Racing involved in selling (or trying to sell) the original reproduction full quarters for the 69 Chargers a couple years ago? I don't think they ever sold a single one, but claimed to have the stamping....or something like that?

Classic Body design CBD was in some sort of partnership with them. Hardcores sales man Chris Perry went to all the mopar sites and blew a lot of hot air. He was a real tool and hurt the potential of the inital panel sales by all his nonsense. The full quarters concept and vision were Ron Luchia's. He saw where the Hardcore jerks were going with them and he parted from hardcore taking all the Charger side of the buisness with him. Ron is the owner of CBD and controls all the sales and marketing himself. If anyone is interested in new quarter panels take the time to call and talk to Ron one on one you will be glad you did.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 23, 2009, 08:53:02 AM
black painted woodgrain wheel.. NICE.

Travis wasnt that available on the A bodies?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Yes, I have one hanging on the wall in my garage from a late 60's Barracuda.  It's black with a different texture to it than the woodgrain ones.

69rtse4spd

Talked to RON at the MOPAR NATS. a few years ago , ( was interested in one of my n.o.s. tail light panals), very nice guy to talk to.

69charger2002

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on January 23, 2009, 04:24:19 PM

now chris you ask me as if i'm an a body expert or something.   :hah:  not a clue. i just think it looks different/cool on that car. still blown away at what it went for with times as they are.
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 23, 2009, 07:18:30 PM
Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on January 23, 2009, 04:24:19 PM

now chris you ask me as if i'm an a body expert or something.   :hah:  not a clue. i just think it looks different/cool on that car. still blown away at what it went for with times as they are.
trav

Whoops what was I thinking :rotz: ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ACUDANUT