News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

'69 Charger R/T 4spd on GSA Auctions

Started by TruckDriver, December 18, 2008, 08:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TruckDriver

I was browsing through car auctions on different sites and found this. It is in Michigan.
Look about half way down the page to the right, then click on the pic.

If it is not there, it is auction number 41QSCI09136001
http://gsaauctions.gov/gsaauctions/aucindx/
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Just 6T9 CHGR

Hmm....has Hemi badges on the doors but comes with a 440 :scratchchin:

Lot of cool stuff on there....the '05 Vette & the '03 Viper look interesting....wonder why the NOS bottles dont come with the sale ????
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

teamroth

My guess is it has something to do with being a govt. sale. That's also why the info isn't accurate. They have someone come in and list all of the specs that they know of the vehicle. That's why no mention of the Hemi badges, fender tag, or any restoration info, just a very desirable muscle car, that is in peices. My guess is it is some kind of seizure, like when they raided the garage in Texas, or at least something along those lines.
I'd rather die than go to heaven.

Tilar

Any of the auctions on that site that has the US Marshalls badge are going to be a seizure type situation. I've bought many cars off of that site and still have 3 that came from there.

The descriptions they give are vague at best but they do try to give any bad info on the goods they are selling, and sometimes they try to make it worse than what it really is.

I bought a 2000 Buick Regal through there that was an old DEA car. The info they had listed said the car had not been running in 2 years and would need to be towed. I called the phone number listed in the ad and the lady told me that it was running when they parked it in that spot 2 years ago and the battery was dead, which is why they said that it would need to be towed. In all reality all it needed was a new battery. I drove it home.
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

bakerhillpins

Did it just end??  :shruggy:

I don't see it listed any more or maybe I am looking in the wrong section. I looked in the vehicles section?

Wonder what it sold for.

Bryan

EDIT**** Never mind, Its listed in the pics on the right, not in the vehicles sections????  :shruggy:
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

1969chargerrtse

I want it.  I wonder why bids aren't listed as with some of the other cars?

Oh I see, sale hasn't started yet.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

teamroth

^^ if I read it right, the auction starts in Jan. It says sale begins 01/07/09

Sublime/Sixpack

It appears to be a nice car. Sure would like to have a closer look!    :scratchchin:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

NMike

1969 DODGE CHARGER R/T    41QSCI09136001    12,500 USD    MI    0    01/22 12:20 PM CT *

0 bidders and a start of $12,500

teamroth

^^ that's because it hasn't started yet. Start date Jan 7.

superbirdtom

whats that website of the seizure auctions??   thanks  SBT

Ghoste

It's just an auction service that specializes in government surplus and seizures.  Is that what you're asking?

superbirdtom

can you give me the site of where I can put in a bid?? or is it one of those pay to get the website deals?? Do you have a link to the siezed mopars???? thanks sbt

Ghoste

The link at the bottom of the first post should answer all your questions.

superbirdtom

my bad :eek2:I of course come home bleary eyed and just read last post and not beginning post :brickwall:,    looks like an interesting site.  Do you remember when the feds seized a hemicuda convert in seattle and put it up for auction??   what was the story behind that whole macabe deal? there was drugs involved.

Ghoste

So are you (or anybody else) planning to bid on this thing?  Has anyone in the area of it (Michigan?) been to see it?

Tilar

Current bid at $20,050. It has met the reserve.
Dave  

bull

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on December 18, 2008, 09:18:14 PM
Hmm....has Hemi badges on the doors but comes with a 440 :scratchchin:
wonder why the NOS bottles dont come with the sale ????

Good question. Listing a VIN would clear it up but they won't list it for some reason.

I wonder what NOS bottle they're talking about? All I see is the fire extinguisher inside.

Tilar

There may be one in the trunk. I have a call in to the guy that is listed to see if he will give me the VIN number. If there is one on the car, they generally give it out.
Dave  

Indydoc

I just got back from looking at this Charger......the VIV is:  XS29L9B256463    It has a Hemi K member in it and Hemi badging on the doors.  Can not find any numbers on the radiator support...there is bondo over the entire top of it ????  Could not find any numbers on the rear top taillight panel.....gasket glued down too good.  The engine with it is a HP 440....could be the original ???  Front fender and door gaps are way off....for sure at least the right quarter has been replaced....very poor seam and matching of sheetmetal at the bottom and outer wheelhouse..........paint has been redone for sure.....quality I would rate as 7.5/10.  Leading edge of hood & fenders is way off @ 1/4" at both sides...doors & fenders do not match up correctly either.    NOTE:  VIN PLATE IS HELD IN PLACE ON THE DASH WITH 2 PHILLIPS HEAD SCREWS >>>>> NOT RIVITS  I would be very suspect of this car.....there is NO way to verify anything.  Bid is at 20,500 as of this posting.  I personally would not pay any more than this for this Charger, and NO I did not or do I plan to bid on it.  Did not take any photos.....it did not warrant it IMHO.

The owners got busted for mortgage fraud in the amount of 28 million according to the guy that showed us the car.  The Viper/Mustang/Dragster/and Vette WERE all theirs...Hardcore Racing Inc.

If anybody has specific questions they want answered...either PM or email me and I will do my best to help you out.
doug

Tilar

I guess after reading your first hand visual, It just goes to prove that a picture can hide a whole lotta bad. Those pics make it look like a pretty nice car.

I just did a quick search of Hardcore Racing and came up with this:

Hardcore Racing Presents:
"Jumpin' the General" Open House
When: April 29, 2006 from 11:00am to 7:00pm
Where: Hardcore Racing, Inc.
G-5200 Clio Road
Flint, MI 48504
Ya'll come for these special events:
• Food, delicious food, scrumptious food, tasty food, and lots of it
• A disc jockey, playin' all yur favo-rite music
• The Discovery Channel will be here filming the Jumpin'
• The "General Lee" is gonna juuump
• Watch a car get tested on Hardcore's Chassis Dynamometer
• Watch an engine get tested on Hardcore's Engine Dynamometer
• Look around—take a shop tour—see what we do around here
• Enter the "Chopper Raffle" and win a cool scoot
• Ya' hafta be here, how else can you win a door prize?
• We got us a Race car challenge—are you up to it?
• Oh boy, the Hardcore Girls will be signing autographs
• For the youngin's, we got a Bounce House and face painting
Take a Virtual Tour on-line at www.weracehardcore.com
Here are a few things that you will see at the Open House, hope to see you there
Dave  

Ghoste

nitrousn

I believe all those cars shown in that auction were taken from We Race Hardcore by the IRS feds.

1969chargerrtse

Amazing how that car is at 26k and it's apart, yet I probably couldn't get that for my restored RTSE on eBay if I listed it.  Just ain't right.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Indydoc

The new owner will be a little disappointed when they see their New Toy...I looked at it personally and it is Not worth that money.

Doug

Chargerrtforme

Quote from: Indydoc on January 22, 2009, 08:38:27 AM
The new owner will be a little disappointed when they see their New Toy...I looked at it personally and it is Not worth that money.

Doug
It's not a Hemi car correct?  Maybe they think it is?

moparstuart

And I thought you spend pennies on the dollar at all those government auctions  :smilielol: :smilielol: :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Indydoc

It is NOT a Hemi Car..........the VIN I posted comes up a 440 HP..........BUT, remember the VIN plate on the dash is held in place with 2 phillips head screws and the numbers on the radiator yolk or rear tail could NOT be found when I personally looked at the  car.  Therefore, there is NO way to document this car.

Doug

Tilar

Dave  

Indydoc

They will be in for a surprise when they see their new toy...
Doug

Just 6T9 CHGR

Thanks for posting the VIN#....that car has been trying to sell since 2006...orig in Oklahoma City, OK then in Flint, MI the same year...I've had it in the registry since then.

They seem to have done some mods since then....namely the hood etc.

This is what it looked like from an ebay ad in '06...I have pics of the tag as well

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

rt green

third string oil changer

1969chargerrtse

33k. That is amazing. I guess it pays to wait if they have been trying to sell it since 06?  Oh, wrong color grille. To light ( my pet peeve ).   Thanks for the info and pictures Chris, another reason why the registries are so helpful.

68r/t

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on January 23, 2009, 08:19:31 AM
33k. That is amazing. I guess it pays to wait if they have been trying to sell it since 06?  Oh, wrong color grille. To light ( my pet peeve ).   Thanks for the info and pictures Chris, another reason why the registries are so helpful.

I think the grill color is going to be the least of the new owners problems.

69charger2002

black painted woodgrain wheel.. NICE. yeah my first red flag is gonna be that VIN#. hope it's a legit R/T body.....
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Ghoste

That Hardcore place was a hell of an operation wasn't it?  After they destroyed that one Charger in their idiotic jumping stunt I have to say that I'm glad they went under before they went into Charger destruction full time.  It looks like that was their intention.  Maybe not, but all the same I would have been happier if they had stuck to Chevrolets.

TUFCAT

If I recall correctly, wasn't Hardcore Racing involved in selling (or trying to sell) the original reproduction full quarters for the 69 Chargers a couple years ago? I don't think they ever sold a single one, but claimed to have the stamping....or something like that?

Ghoste

nitrousn

Quote from: TUFCAT on January 23, 2009, 12:47:04 PM
If I recall correctly, wasn't Hardcore Racing involved in selling (or trying to sell) the original reproduction full quarters for the 69 Chargers a couple years ago? I don't think they ever sold a single one, but claimed to have the stamping....or something like that?

Classic Body design CBD was in some sort of partnership with them. Hardcores sales man Chris Perry went to all the mopar sites and blew a lot of hot air. He was a real tool and hurt the potential of the inital panel sales by all his nonsense. The full quarters concept and vision were Ron Luchia's. He saw where the Hardcore jerks were going with them and he parted from hardcore taking all the Charger side of the buisness with him. Ron is the owner of CBD and controls all the sales and marketing himself. If anyone is interested in new quarter panels take the time to call and talk to Ron one on one you will be glad you did.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 23, 2009, 08:53:02 AM
black painted woodgrain wheel.. NICE.

Travis wasnt that available on the A bodies?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Ghoste

Yes, I have one hanging on the wall in my garage from a late 60's Barracuda.  It's black with a different texture to it than the woodgrain ones.

69rtse4spd

Talked to RON at the MOPAR NATS. a few years ago , ( was interested in one of my n.o.s. tail light panals), very nice guy to talk to.

69charger2002

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on January 23, 2009, 04:24:19 PM

now chris you ask me as if i'm an a body expert or something.   :hah:  not a clue. i just think it looks different/cool on that car. still blown away at what it went for with times as they are.
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69charger2002 on January 23, 2009, 07:18:30 PM
Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on January 23, 2009, 04:24:19 PM

now chris you ask me as if i'm an a body expert or something.   :hah:  not a clue. i just think it looks different/cool on that car. still blown away at what it went for with times as they are.
trav

Whoops what was I thinking :rotz: ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

ACUDANUT