News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rebuild of my 68 after crash ************IT'S BACK HOME****PICS*************

Started by dkn1997, December 17, 2008, 12:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Just 6T9 CHGR

Well then its the TT's that look cool...LMK if you're sellin' ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

bull

Good to see you back on the road with her. Have fun... and no more crashing. :nono:

dkn1997

sunday now...I still have a list to do
-wire fans with new relays.  one fan is on my old pusher fan circuit with relay. I jumped the 2nd fan temporarily while idling in the driveway and it went from 200+ to @ 170 and was still dropping when I shut it down.  I guess this is why you spend 900 bucks on a radiator and spal fans!
-wire new h4's and h1's with relays
-somehow attach the speedo cable to the speedometer..can't get it to stay in or clip in no matter what.  it was in and working before accident so it must have been in but not clipped and popped out on impact...I need your guys' help on this one!   lol  :pity:
-clean engine bay
-install trunkfloor filler neck seal
-get new threaded lock rod for drivers door
-tuneup..wires are shot..about 8 years old and crappy
-bleed brakes
-remove some hardware and screws, blast, paint, reinstall

but it's driveable for local trips on one cooling fan so I took my 5 year old out this morning for coffee.  then we went out again and I took some pics....having my boy request rides in the charger is the best feeling ever
RECHRGED

mikepmcs

Quote from: dkn1997 on May 31, 2009, 10:30:03 AM

-somehow attach the speedo cable to the speedometer..can't get it to stay in or clip in no matter what.  it was in and working before accident so it must have been in but not clipped and popped out on impact...I need your guys' help on this one!   lol  :pity:

That doesn't need one of those clips like a window crank has...does it?
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mopar73

69*F5*SE

bakerhillpins

Lookin good! Quite a beautiful ride.  :drool5: :coolgleamA: :2thumbs:

I am soooooo jealous of you with your son! Wife does not want me to take our kids on the motorcycle and I don't have a charger of my own.

Have fun and enjoy the time with your family.
Bryan
One great wife (Life is good)
14 RAM 1500 5.7 Hemi Crew Cab (crap hauler)
69 Dodge Charger R/T, Q5, C6X, V1X, V88  (Life is WAY better)
96' VFR750 (Sweet)
Capt. Lyme Vol. Fire

"Inspiration is for amateurs - the rest of us just show up and get to work." -Chuck Close
"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." -Albert Einstein
Go that way, really fast. If something gets in your way, turn.
Science flies you to the moon, Religion flies you into buildings.

r_biccum

1969 Dodge Charger SE 383 727 #'s matching with original 8 track
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4
2003 Hummer H2

Charger_Fan

Man, that looks awesome! Must feel fantastic to be able to drive it again. :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

PocketThunder

Damn that sure is a nice happy ending to this story, and i sure like happy endings...  :scratchchin:  ...   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

autodynamics

bsakal

69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

dkn1997

the saga continues...in a good way

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,58543.0.html

fired everything up tonight and I have fuel, bright lights, and a tornado of air moving with these two spal fans. 
RECHRGED

mopar0166

200MPH

Charger

Arthu®

Glad to see you got it back on its feet. It's looking good! But where is the door mirror?
Striving for world domination since 1986

dkn1997

Quote from: Arthu® on January 22, 2010, 06:27:41 AM
Glad to see you got it back on its feet. It's looking good! But where is the door mirror?

still no mirror. 
RECHRGED