News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best Hemi builder

Started by Armudster, December 15, 2008, 12:54:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armudster

Hello guys, this is my first post in here. I'm going to start a 68 Hemi Charger clone project soon and really want a badass powerfull street Hemi to go on the engine bay, I've been doing a small research and found three main recommendations: John Arruzza, Ray Barton and FHO. I have heard good things from them, but I really want to know who is the best, since I will be making a big project and want the best, I'm looking for a 650 HP or more, fully streetable car, I live in Brazil so there is no bias towards a closer shop (all of them are pretty far) just worried about the best, thanks guys.
Greetings 
Armudster

Ghoste

Best is a relative term where those three are concerned.  They are all at the top of the game and each would be able to give a strong argument as to why he's best.  The only one I've spent any time actually talking with is FHO. 

Charger-Bodie

They are all good , But if I were spending that kinda money on a HEMI, It would be at FHO.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

kamkuda

Its Tim Banning from FHO.   :cheers: http://www.forhemisonly.com
He is considered one of the best in Hemis.  A buddy has a mid 8 second FHO hemi

He now has a nice 5 axis CNC I understand

Armudster

Thank you very much for the info, looks like Tim at FHO is the way to go, I saw his website and I'm alrady drooling over that 540 aluminum block  :drool5: maybe that engine is the ideal for me, imagine it with 750 horses and completely stock looking, it will be like hell on wheels under a cloud of tire smoke.
Greetings

suntech

My vote goes to Tim, and FHO also! Supernice guy, and is great to work with!! We have a project going now, with a World Product Aluminum block, Stage V heads, cnc ported,  Callies billet crank, Oliver billet rods, etc  :D
Shooting for 800/800.  :D

Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!