News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wayne Perkins 69 500 restoration begins

Started by moparstuart, December 15, 2008, 03:29:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

:drool5:  I 'm still trying to track down the correct console wiring for the birdible , so wayne took pictures of his 500 , console wiring plug in the left front kick panel .
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

:popcrn: waynes newly refurbished power booster installed ,   He is still missing his broad cast sheet , but you can see where one was taped to the back of the glove box.   Does anyone know what the writing on the glove box it self is ?  :shruggy:

moparstuart

:popcrn:  He got a whole set of red dash pieces so he is also working on replacing those . I think he is very close to having the automatic steering gear box rebuilt to install . Then he can install the motor and trans .

moparstuart

wayne is putting these recalls on his 500, he has had them for years when i met him they were riding on the silver daytona.

any one have this model ?     (waynes comments)   Very rare model, never seen it before.  My wheel, date 6-17-68, and flat cap

moparstuart

:popcrn:

moparstuart

Here are pictures from the 80's  of waynes old tan 500 , before he sold the car to a guy in new york state ?
   Car is still around and the guy recently contacted Gene and wayne .  Says he will send current pictures of it .

Anyone else spy waynes old pontiac aero car ?
   and the silver daytona wearing the recalls

tan top

Quote from: moparstuart on January 30, 2009, 09:10:31 AM
Here are pictures from the 80's  of waynes old tan 500 , before he sold the car to a guy in new york state ?
   Car is still around and the guy recently contacted Gene and wayne .  Says he will send current pictures of it .

Anyone else spy waynes old pontiac aero car ?
   and the silver daytona wearing the recalls

:drool5:  good pictures Stuart  :yesnod:  what was the interior color of the A4 daytona  :popcrn:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

Aero426

Quote from: moparstuart on January 30, 2009, 09:03:43 AM
wayne is putting these recalls on his 500, he has had them for years when i met him they were riding on the silver daytona.

any one have this model ?     (waynes comments)   Very rare model, never seen it before.  My wheel, date 6-17-68, and flat cap

I don't remember MPC ever making an actual Diamante model back then.    There have been some fantasy classoc model boxes made in recent years.    Assuming that is the side of the box, if it was real, it should also have the kit number listed.

Aero426

Quote from: tan top on January 30, 2009, 09:54:21 AM
[
:drool5:  good pictures Stuart  :yesnod:  what was the interior color of the A4 daytona  :popcrn:

Black with a 4-speed.   

moparstuart

Quote from: DougSchellinger on January 30, 2009, 10:12:43 AM
Quote from: tan top on January 30, 2009, 09:54:21 AM
[

Black with a 4-speed.   
He put a black SE leather interior in with power window , that is how he has it as of right now .  He still owns and loves that daytona .  It will be his untill he dies i'm sure.

moparstuart

look close at the nose on the daytona ?             oh my deer

PocketThunder

Quote from: moparstuart on January 30, 2009, 10:27:22 AM

Yep i saw that after looking at it a second time... whoa!! brakes!! ....... crash!  :brickwall:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

moparstuart

Quote from: PocketThunder on January 30, 2009, 12:51:24 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on January 30, 2009, 10:27:22 AM

Yep i saw that after looking at it a second time... whoa!! brakes!! ....... crash!  :brickwall:
he hit a deer with it in the late 80's in Iowa at night .  It has a gene gregory replacement steel nose on it now .

ACUDANUT

moparstuart

Quote from: ACUDANUT on January 30, 2009, 01:14:56 PM
Stuart, why doesn't Wayne post up !!
???????  must be the water in olathe ???????   there are tons of people that lurk that  never post I dont know why ?    I am an enabler :smilielol:

nascarxx29

I showed that model box that Wayne said was rare. To Steve Juliano who owns that car .He said it was never released as a model kit .Just a box .I got one of them sealed in plastic never opened
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

Aero426

Cool piece, but I do not believe that Diamante box is old at all.  It's a fantasy "air box" created in recent years.  Also look at the size difference to a regular MPC box below it.
There are some other fantasy kit boxes that have been hand produced, but I forget who did them. 

PocketThunder

Quote from: nascarxx29 on January 30, 2009, 01:42:37 PM

I showed that model box that Wayne said was rare. To Steve Juliano who owns that car .He said it was never released as a model kit .Just a box .I got one of them sealed in plastic never opened

You have crown molding in your closet!  Damn dude!  :o   :icon_smile_big:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

nascarxx29

Waynes car came along nicely and got done quickly quite a bodyman .He probably could save this A bsolute A ll R ust
AAR :smilielol:
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

Quote from: nascarxx29 on January 30, 2009, 05:45:43 PM
Waynes car came along nicely and got done quickly quite a bodyman .He probably could save this A bsolute A ll R ust
AAR :smilielol:

he is fast and great with the sheet metal work

69_500

So the recall wheels are going to go on the 500 then? Hmmm, my favorite wheel on a 500.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on January 31, 2009, 11:06:10 AM
So the recall wheels are going to go on the 500 then? Hmmm, my favorite wheel on a 500.
me too at some point in the future i'm sure I will buy a set of the big 15x8 inch repop's for my car  hopefully they will come down some in price the 2k is pricey

69_500

Pricey yes, but man they look good. Other than the recall wheels I like the look of steel wheels and dog dish's next. I don't like the rims on my car.

moparstuart

Quote from: 69_500 on February 01, 2009, 01:53:48 PM
Pricey yes, but man they look good. Other than the recall wheels I like the look of steel wheels and dog dish's next. I don't like the rims on my car.
I did not know this but wayne is not using the old recalls he ran on the daytona for so many years . He has now ordered a new set from specialty wheels .  He thinks the old ones may be unsafe to drive on , so a new repop set are going on the 500 .

69_500

Tell him I've got a car I'd gladly run the W23 wheels on, he can keep the new repops I'd take the originals.