News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have an aftermarket Tac mounted on their steering column, pics?

Started by joflaig, December 09, 2008, 09:05:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joflaig

Thinking of having it done, not sure the effort and how much it would obstruct the other guages. Any insights?

Thanks.

472 R/T SE

I don't mind the obstruction seeings how I use it to judge my MPH anyways.  The column tach and small aftermarket gauges are in-cased in black to help blend in.  I bought a new tach so I could run an ink pen dimension shift light inside the cluster and use the high beams orifice light as the shift light.  Hopefully this winter I'll make the change.
Nothin' says old school like a tach on the column even if you already have a factory equipped one inside the cluster.  :Twocents:

Ghoste

As far as effort, it takes no more effort than to tighten a hose clamp.  Obstruction isn't too bad, it depends where you place somewhat.

joflaig

Quote from: Ghoste on December 10, 2008, 04:49:31 AM
As far as effort, it takes no more effort than to tighten a hose clamp.  Obstruction isn't too bad, it depends where you place somewhat.

What about running the wire? Can it be hidden i the steering column? I've seen some pics of various setups on other cars, just not Chargers, you guys have pics of yours?

69_Charger_RT

joflaig

A383Wing

joflaig

69chargeryeehaa

472 R/T SE

joflaig

Quote from: 69chargeryeehaa on December 11, 2008, 03:14:52 PM
my old sunpro II tach, and a good ol' hose clamp..:)  :coolgleamA:

I think the first pick works for me! Thanks, exactly what I needed to see!

aifilaw

Quote from: joflaig on December 11, 2008, 07:53:55 PM
Quote from: 69chargeryeehaa on December 11, 2008, 03:14:52 PM
my old sunpro II tach, and a good ol' hose clamp..:)  :coolgleamA:

I think the first pick works for me! Thanks, exactly what I needed to see!

That's exactly what I have, held on by a large hose-clamp on a '72 dash on the clock side so it obstructs the clock and not the speedo. Perfect size to not be obtrusive.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

terrible one

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on December 11, 2008, 07:45:50 PM
I like 69chargeryeehaa's set up.

Me too! Classic. No matter what (older) car it's been, I always end up putting the tach in that location; looks the best and doesn't block everything. Probably would have a harder time on a column shift though, right?

Foreman72

Quote from: aifilaw on December 11, 2008, 09:12:24 PM

That's exactly what I have, held on by a large hose-clamp on a '72 dash on the clock side so it obstructs the clock and not the speedo. Perfect size to not be obtrusive.

do u have a pic of that? thats what i want 2 do 2 mine...
Eric "Foreman"

Previous: 1972 Dodge Charger
Current: 2002 Volvo S60

"The steps of a man are ordered by the LORD, and He delights in his way. Though he fall, he shall not be utterly cast down; For the LORD upholds him with His hand.
=Psalm 37:23-24=
"But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven..."
=Matthew 6:19-21=
:pat

BigBlockSam

Quotethink the first pick works for me!

:yesnod:  thats where i have mine too  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img