News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Joe Angelucci's house burnt down

Started by pettybird, December 09, 2008, 04:40:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HKCharger

ugh, were they insured? What is the car total loss?

PocketThunder

Quote from: HKCharger on December 12, 2008, 12:14:18 PM

Quote from: pettybird on December 10, 2008, 10:52:41 AM
Hi all and thanks--

the fire started in the basement.  the pics were taken more than 2 hours later.  fortunately the house stood alone so the fire didn't spread to any cars, but the house was packed full with parts for many of his cars as well as a lot of saleable stuff. 

The cars are ok.
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

pettybird

Quote from: HKCharger on December 12, 2008, 12:14:18 PM

FULL cars weren't hurt, but I wouldn't be at all surprised to know that a half million dollars' worth of parts went up.  he didn't have one of something--he had eight.  it's nuts. 

TUFCAT

There is so much sadness here I don't know where to begin.

The emotional loss must be overwhelming.

This is such a tragedy, and I feel extremely sorry for all of their losses (including the fortune in parts) .....but especially for the suffering of the poor cats who ran away from the fire, only to die from smoke.   :engel016: RIP little angels.

TUFCAT

Anyone have an update on the cause of fire?

How about the losses....and how they're managing?

70Sbird

Sorry to hear about this.
My In-laws had a fire about 15 years ago, I don't think you ever really get over one.
R.I.P. Kitties, we are pretty attached to our 2
Scott

Scott Faulkner

70daytonaclone

Sorry about the losses. jjSJomebody take these people a new Kitten!

pettybird

Quote from: 70daytonaclone on January 21, 2009, 12:48:48 PM
Sorry about the losses. jjSJomebody take these people a new Kitten!

the did get a new one...i haven't seen it yet.  it's a flame point siamese. 

the insurance company is still investigating.  the fire marshall ruled it accidental, but he doesn't have to pay the claim.  not much has been recovered due to this being one of the coldest spells we've tied together in a long time.  remember--if your house is going to burn down, make sure it happens in the spring or fall.