News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

BJ bird clone!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by jerry, January 18, 2009, 12:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

69_500

Might make the trip some day, but for now I gotta save my pennies to make trips to see 500's and Daytona's. Once I get tired of making trips to see those, then I'll probably go to see one of the Gulfs. Who knows could run into one at various shows, unlikely but possible.

Redbird

A number of years ago one of my clients had Brian Redmon staying at his place. My client called both me and his lawyer ( who is also quite into old cars). We spent a couple of hours that afternoon listening to stories about driving a 917 when it was new. The only way the afternoon could have been better for me is if Steve McQueen had risen and been there too. Porsche 917, the ultimate car of it's time for me.

Aero426

Quote from: Redbird on January 20, 2009, 10:06:49 PM
A number of years ago one of my clients had Brian Redmon staying at his place. My client called both me and his lawyer ( who is also quite into old cars). We spent a couple of hours that afternoon listening to stories about driving a 917 when it was new. The only way the afternoon could have been better for me is if Steve McQueen had risen and been there too. Porsche 917, the ultimate car of it's time for me.

Brian Redman is a lot of fun to listen to.    He was one of only a couple drivers brave (dumb) enough to race the 917 when it was new.     Before they got the tail shortened up, the original long tail was a real handful.    In those days, drivers like Redman were just trying to make a living.  When your number came up and Porsche or Ferrari called on you to drive, you would have to think very hard about saying no, even if the ride might be a little risky.

pettybird

Quote from: DougSchellinger on January 20, 2009, 09:12:21 PM
 Petty Bird is not allowed to answer.

aww....

hey the guys calling Porsches "girl's cars" are getting pretty close to the "secretary's cars" moniker the factory gave the cars in that shot  :lol:

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on January 20, 2009, 01:36:42 PM
Quote from: pettybird on January 20, 2009, 12:49:22 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on January 20, 2009, 11:17:31 AM

:puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke: :puke:  mopar or no car

don't be silly.
if we all liked the same stuff the world would be a very boring place , I likes what i likes .  :Twocents:

OHHKAY you drive your '81 Omni, '89 Sundance or the Voyager of your choice and I'll take a 911 Turbo. Mopar or no car!

NYCMille my uncle, Ed Baus, is a NASA instructor and GTS driver.  You guys ever meet?  he has a silver/maroon '86 911 tub with a 993 GT2 widebody on it.