News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

single 4 bb edelbrock crossram question

Started by SFRT, December 25, 2008, 03:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SFRT

okeedokee...I have a edelbrock st-14-45 single 4 bb intake I d like to run cuz it looks really really cool. I know these are prone to puddling so i was woondering if i where to: ( id be running an 850 proform double mech)

1: add a 1 inch riser and
2. suspend an aluminum 'honeycomb' in the plenum, below the carb if this would give me enough additional evaporative surface area to offset the puddling. I have seen where guys have epoxied in a 'pattern' of small cone shaped blobs for this effect but that seems a little sketchy if any of it where to degrade and get into the chambers.

anyone run something along these lines? and if so, how'd you like it?
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

firefighter3931

Frank, the STR's were never very street friendly....poor throttle response and low speed manners were the norm when these manifolds were introduced back in the day. They look cool but run like crap:P

My guess is that you would be sorely disappointed with this swap.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ghoste

I agree.  I realize that Edelbrock called it a "street" tunnel ram but I think that was just a marketing term or a way to okay the manifold for certain drag classes?  In any case, they aren't real nice in a true or typical street application.  It's also just an opinion, but I would think that adding a spacer to an STR is just going to increase plenum volume in an intake which already has more than enough.  Compounding it by adding a honeycomb under the carb would serve to disrupt airflow in my opinion as much as anything too.  Cost nothing to try either one if you already have the intake but if not, I'd get some other cool looking piece that will work better too.

ACUDANUT

What does those look like ? Got a pic ??

SFRT

makes me sad cause it does just look tasty. like a toaster oven. its so ugly its awesome.at least it will make a nice shop decoration! :lol:
Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ghoste

You could build a drag car around it.   :D

max

Quote from: SFRT on December 27, 2008, 01:44:36 AM
makes me sad cause it does just look tasty. like a toaster oven. its so ugly its awesome.at least it will make a nice shop decoration! :lol:

i know what you mean, i have an STR-15 sitting on the shelf for decoration. :eyes: