News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Spin balance?

Started by bull, December 06, 2008, 01:26:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Anyone here have their rotating assembly spin balanced? Did you see a remarkable difference between that and a typical bench weight balance?

firefighter3931

Quote from: bull on December 06, 2008, 01:26:14 AM
Anyone here have their rotating assembly spin balanced? Did you see a remarkable difference between that and a typical bench weight balance?

I allways static and dynamic balance any new rebuild. The engine will run smoother, idle nicer and rev cleaner. It makes a BIG difference.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

bull

Quote from: firefighter3931 on December 06, 2008, 09:25:42 AM

I allways static and dynamic balance any new rebuild. The engine will run smoother, idle nicer and rev cleaner. It makes a BIG difference.  :yesnod:

Ron

Is "dynamic" the same as spin balance? There doesn't seem to be too many places that do it, at least not around here that I know of. Is it a rare service?

firefighter3931

Quote from: bull on December 06, 2008, 10:02:31 AM

Ron

Is "dynamic" the same as spin balance? There doesn't seem to be too many places that do it, at least not around here that I know of. Is it a rare service?

Yes, dynamic is the same as spin balance.  :yesnod:

Most good shops should have dynamic balance equipment.

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Sublime/Sixpack

Ron

Yes, always.   :2thumbs:
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak

Ghoste

If your shop doesn't have it Bull go to another place.   The serious rebuilders will always want to spin balance and it separates the real performance machines shops from the "oh yeah, we can do race engines, lawnmowers, anything you want" sort of places.

375instroke