News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cam groove

Started by Grip64, December 04, 2008, 04:23:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grip64

Hi fella's

Has anyone had the no.4 cam journal groove mod dun ??
I'm going to have my local machine shop do this mod, but would like some advice as to how wide and deep the groove should be ??

The reason i'm doing it, because i had three burnt push rod ends when the motor was stripped..

All reply's welcome.

Thanks.

Challenger340

Only wimps wear Bowties !

Rob R

I make them .120 X .075 and that usually gets the job done without the need to restrict the flow with bleeds.(when using a roller cam..flat tappet cams have larger feed holes in the core)
I tried a new brand of rockers on a couple of engines  ::) What a disaster that turned out to be...even with the groove it still burn up the adjusters and push rods furthest away from the feed hole.(bad bushing design)

Grip64

Many thanks for your reply's fella's  :2thumbs:

Going to look into a possible rocker problem i may have, in the new year.

Animal

Plenty oil up to the heads , as you say , maybe a rocker shaft problem , have heard some shafts not fully drilled , Mopars have a real good oiling system so no need for the fully grooved # 4 cam bearing , although some flip the #4 & drill through the intersection of oil passage to heads into gallery , as said , probably a waste of time.