News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Started by Ranger Max, December 03, 2008, 05:58:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranger Max

Ranger Max

RD

looking good!! Russ got those rods from me a long time ago i believe lol.. glad you are doing something with them.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

aifilaw

brand of your rockers?

specs on the cam?

Did you get the lifters as a kit as well from comp, and how much $?

I am halfway through the process of something quite similar, as far as the style of valvetrain and bore/stroke ratio and block.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

Ranger Max

daytonalo

Nice engine but one question , Comp ratio is only 9.8 with alum heads ? You could have easily gone higher with alum heads no problem don't you think ? Iron 9.8 OK but alum easily higher

aifilaw

With that cam and those heads, I would venture a guess that he could have made his static ratio about 11.5:1 and been able to run premium unleaded... perhaps a little less what with the ethanol addition, drop that about a point and you can pull off 87 octane at Sea Level.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

Ranger Max

firefighter3931

That's a nice engine build Ranger....should make lots of torque and descent horsepower.  :2thumbs:

The 9.8:1 compression is fine....the Comp hyd roller with it's short 224*@.050 intake duration will trap lots of air in the cylinder at lower engine speeds. That cam is a good match with the 9.8 compression....someone was doing his homework.  :yesnod:

If you were wanting to run a larger cam then the static compression could certainly be increased. It's not all about static compression....the camshaft's intake closing point determines cylinder pressure as much as compression does. Everything needs to be balanced for a strong running combo.  ;)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Ranger Max

lisiecki1

Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

Ranger Max

lisiecki1

It's off a flat 6.....other than that i have no idea
Remember the average response time to a 911 call is over 4 minutes.

The average response time of a 357 magnum is 1400 FPS.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,52527.0.html

firefighter3931

Quote from: Ranger Max on December 09, 2008, 12:33:58 PM
BTW
Can anyone ID the head behind the pistons?

I don't see any combustion chambers on that head so whatever it comes off of will have lots of compression !  :icon_smile_big:

Is it a diesel head ?  :scratchchin:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Runner

do you have 2 intake rockers next to each other in that picture?   where in montana are you?.     im guess a small tractor head of some sort?        looks like a nice motor. should be alot of fun

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

375instroke

I'd venture to say that it's an overhead cam head, and probably a diesel.  See a spark plug?

Ranger Max

ryan053

It should be a fun engine.  Mine is basiclly the same except i am using the xe275 cam with 1.6 rockers.  Mine made 375hp/401tq at the wheels.  In the spring i am going to bring it to the track to see what it will do.

Ranger Max

General_01

That should run nice.

P.S.-I bought my '71 Superbee from a guy in Great Falls in 1989. Didn't see much of the town though. Flew in at about 9pm and left town about 9:30 headed for home in the car. :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

Ranger Max

General_01

Actually, I bought it off of a guy named Richard Carlson. No Mike's in this equation. :icon_smile_big:
1971 Dodge Charger Super Bee
496 stroker
4-speed

firefighter3931

Quote from: Ranger Max on January 15, 2009, 10:10:16 AM
:popcrn:
Got all the parts now....should be done soon.

Right on ! Ok when is "dyno day"  :icon_smile_big:

Ron

Ranger Max

firefighter3931

Lookin good Max !  :drool5:

You gonna shoot the whole engine...paint the heads/intake ?  :scratchchin:

Ron

Ranger Max

firefighter3931

Quote from: Ranger Max on February 11, 2009, 11:48:08 AM
Yep, the whole engine its going to be painted torquios.
Going for the stock base charger look.

Gonna be nice to say "you got beat by a 'base' charger, whats up with that"?
:nana:

That's pretty sneaky....bad boy !  :D

Ron

Challenger340

Great Falls ? You're just across the border from me !

Looks like a very nice build !   :2thumbs:

Only wimps wear Bowties !

Brock Samson

So I guess a name change is in the works then?..  :popcrn:

Ranger Max

Ranger Max

Cooter

" I have spent thousands of dollars and countless hours researching what works and what doesn't and I'm willing to share"

Ranger Max

lasvegas69charg

isn't the slot supposed to be paralle with the cam?
69 dodge charger 383/727/3.55 (my dad is the original owner-matching number) stroked to a 496😉

Ranger Max

Ranger Max

Ranger Max

Chryco Psycho

what is the point ? !!!

JB400

Did someone get on his wrong side? :shruggy: :shruggy: :shruggy:

Chryco Psycho

probably just keeping the build a secret , he was doing a stealth build up anyway

Fred

Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 14, 2012, 07:44:13 PM
what is the point ? !!!

Join the dots......you might find out.    :smilielol:

Tomorrow is promised to no one.......drive your Charger today.

JB400

Quote from: Fred on November 14, 2012, 08:02:00 PM
Quote from: Chryco Psycho on November 14, 2012, 07:44:13 PM
what is the point ? !!!

Join the dots......you might find out.    :smilielol:
Dot the cat instead of Spot the cat

JB400

Something's not right.  He deleted almost all of his old posts.