News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Charger Bug Starts Early.

Started by Martian R/T, December 03, 2008, 12:41:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martian R/T

My wife took our son to wally world shopping this week, Caleb is twenty one months old, they stopped by the huge bin of Hot Wheels in the center isle, she was showing him the cars, he was throwing them out of the cart as quick as she gave them to him, he went through a dozen or so cars like this, but he finally kept one, and wouldn't let go of it, it was a Bright Green 69 Charger, he loves this car, he calls it his bye bye, I guess he gets the love of Chargers from his Dad, even though mine is a 70, it still makes me proud that he is starting at such an early age. ;D ;D ;D ;D
                            1970 Charger R/T 440 Auto 3:55 Martian Green???

Bob

I think there is a "Father Son Project" in the future.

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

2much2learn

:'( Beautiful, i wish my (future) son will make me proud like that one day :angel: :yesnod:
I say " determined to restore the Charger" SHE hears " Stubborn to throw your money away"   dx_Xb

Just 6T9 CHGR

Sadly, my 2 girls could care less....oddly they're into dancing (tap, jazz & ballet),  music & singing.    Also my older 13 year old is interested in boys.   :o :rotz:

;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on December 03, 2008, 04:25:52 PM
Sadly, my 2 girls could care less....oddly they're into dancing (tap, jazz & ballet),  music & singing.    Also my older 13 year old is interested in boys.   :o :rotz:

;)

I hear ya there Chris!!

But to add to that my girls think that Im wrong about EVERTHING!  :brickwall:
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Magnumcharger

My son likes video games. Not Mopars, although I tried every trick in the book to get him interested.... :icon_smile_blackeye:
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Martian R/T

My Daughter who is 5 loves the Charger, She calls it Daddy's loud car, she did the dance thing for a couple of years, then one day told me that she didn't want to dance anymore, but wanted to do karate, she is now a yellow belt, working on her orange belt and just loves it, she says no more dance class, I am hoping she will try working on the Charger with me, she seems interested in learning, so we will see. :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:
                            1970 Charger R/T 440 Auto 3:55 Martian Green???

squeakfinder

When my son was old enough to carry on a conversation he was able to correct adults when they would get the model year wrong on cars, especially Chargers.

I've a feeling your son is going to be the same way.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

RD

my daughter's first word was MOPAR and she absolutely loves riding in the charger (she is 6)

now my 19 mos old boy's carseat is right behind the driver seat... he calls the charger, vroom vrooom
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

mikesbbody

Martin, that was a cool story i hope you dont mind me sharing mine When i first got my charger (over ten years ago now) I took it to see a local mopar guy i knew. Dave raced mopars and still does anyway, his son was with him and he was so small he'd barely started talking Dave asks him "son what sort of car is that?" and he said "its a charger" my jaw just about hit the ground he already had his boy schooled on mopars  :lol:

Marck

My daughter is 5 months old now, a couple of months ago, my wife was walking with her in the baby carriage. She was walking along one of the bigger roads in town, so a lot of traffice was going by, when my wife spottede a '70 charger comming towards them. My daughter was facing the other way, so she couldn't see it, but she could hear the engine, and she looked like she was about to cry. Then the charger passed them, and when my daughter could see the charger, she made the biggest smile, and giggled a bit.

Talk about being a proud dad...  :2thumbs:

Tilar

Quote from: 1hot68 on December 03, 2008, 04:29:54 PM

;)

I hear ya there Chris!!

You'll get a lot smarter to them after they've been out on their own a few years. My son was like that. Now that he's 31, The old man isn't so dumb after all.  :coolgleamA:
Dave  

God must love stupid people; He made so many.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

PocketThunder

Quote from: Tilar on December 03, 2008, 08:13:31 PM
Quote from: 1hot68 on December 03, 2008, 04:29:54 PM

;)

I hear ya there Chris!!

You'll get a lot smarter to them after they've been out on their own a few years. My son was like that. Now that he's 31, The old man isn't so dumb after all.  :coolgleamA:

At 33 and married for 7 years, now i know why my Dad kept his mouth shut when i was getting my ass chewed out in HS for "whatever", because as soon as he spoke up he would be getting the same ass chewing that i got just for being there!  hahaha
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

WINGR

Hey Chris, have you tried telling your 13 year old that all boys have cooties. I have two girls, one twlelve and the other eight, and this is a regular topic around our household. I also tell them that is okay for them to start dating, that is when they turn twenty-five. Somehow, I think that this all may be a waste of time because kids are kids. My girls like the cars too but often accuse me of being obsessed with them. My eight year old even says I spend too much time with cars. Hmmmm, I just don't think they understand the importance of these fine works of art, do they? Just like your girls, they are more into the dance thing.

Good Luck

WINGR 

FlatbackFanatic

My son started out liking cars, but really liked Monster trucks, back in their hay day(late 80's). But around 9 years of age we broke down and got him a video game, and that was it no more cars, sometimes no nothing, just likesd to play video games, and still does. We made him get his drivers license @18 yrs old. Hes's now 22 yrs old. My daughter is a whole different story. We brought her to car shows ever since she could sit up. And she was hooked. She loves cars, mostly Mopars, and mostly Chargers, she wants to get a Superbird some day. I couldn't be happier, she wants to know when she can drive my Charger. I tell her never.lol. She now 16 yrs old. She still goes to all the shows I go to, when we go to Target she rifles through the Hot Wheels looking for the Mopar ones. So you can't start them too young. :2thumbs:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

69_500

Now I don't feel so bad. When our son Dakota was 2 years old, I shot a video of him playing with his hotwheels. He has a bit of OCD with lining the cars up, even at that young age. He had about 50 cars in a line going around the coffee table in the living room. Then he was walking around the table naming them off, and what they were. Cuda's, Daytona, Charger, Challenger, Duster, GTX, Roadrunner, Superbird, Talladega, Mustang, and even the occasional Chevy. Every once in a while I'll pop that in and I get a kick out of it. Now he is 5, and loves going to shows. I think he got a little bored at Carlisle when I stood and stared at the same car for nearly 5 hours, but other than his dad being boring and only looking at a few cars. He loves the shows.

The70RT

My boys are grown. They are just waiting for me to die so they can have it.  :lol: I told my youngest that when it is done I am going to drive the piss out of it and he better keep up on the resto because after I drive it for 30 years it will be ready for another resto........that is if I live till 80  :icon_smile_big:

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on December 04, 2008, 07:17:45 PM
My boys are grown. They are just waiting for me to die so they can have it.  :lol: I told my youngest that when it is done I am going to drive the piss out of it and he better keep up on the resto because after I drive it for 30 years it will be ready for another resto........that is if I live till 80  :icon_smile_big:
you are 80 LOL
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

The70RT

Quote from: moparstuart on December 04, 2008, 09:27:18 PM
you are 80 LOL

Well i feel like it anyway. Don't worry though you got kids to raise yet and more cars to do so get back with me in 10  :smilielol:

moparstuart

Quote from: The70RT on December 04, 2008, 10:56:51 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on December 04, 2008, 09:27:18 PM
you are 80 LOL

Well i feel like it anyway. Don't worry though you got kids to raise yet and more cars to do so get back with me in 10  :smilielol:
yeah between kids and restoring cars, you age twice as fast !! :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Back N Black

my daughter spends time in the garage with me.