News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Premier Plastic Reproductions ??

Started by JoeyGowdy, December 01, 2008, 05:49:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JoeyGowdy

Just curious, has Premier Plastic Reproductions cleaned up their act or are they still blacklisted (I've been reading through all the old threads about them in the past and was just curious about their current status) ?  I was looking at their 69 Charger Grilles:
http://stores.premierplasticreproductions.com/-strse-1969-Dodge-Charger/Categories.bok

:scratchchin:   :icon_smile_question:
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Ghoste

Worse than blacklisted, they're scum.

69RTSE

Do those 69 Charger Reproduction Taillights exist.  Does some other manufacture make them or has anyone ordered them and recieved them?

Blown70

Ask, XS29J, I think he goes by.... he will surely chime in here, he is a neighbor of mine...... see what he says.

Tom

bull

If you don't mind waiting between one year and an eternity for an inferior product, Premier is the place to go. :2thumbs:

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: 69RTSE on December 01, 2008, 07:10:24 PM
Do those 69 Charger Reproduction Taillights exist.  Does some other manufacture make them or has anyone ordered them and recieved them?
I think BE&A makes them.
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

BEAPARTS

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on December 02, 2008, 08:06:06 AM
Do those 69 Charger Reproduction Taillights exist.  Does some other manufacture make them or has anyone ordered them and received them?
I think BE&A makes them.

Bezels yes, lenses no.  We have seriously considered making the 69 & 70 tail light lenses correctly from injected acrylic like back in the day.  I have also considered making the Charger grilles also, problem is, the current available products on the market makes it difficult to pull the trigger on such a large project.

The market is so small to begin with, how can a customer justify spending twice as much for a correct over the top quality part when there is a product available, no matter how bad it is, for half the price?  Think about it, we still have people asking about a company that, in my opinion, has been less that honest in their business dealings to the point their customers feel they have been lied to and cheated. 

The manufacturing process for producing parts with real tooling is astronomical compared to casted pieces like the grilles and lenses.  They could cut list pricing by 75% and still make money based on the production costs associated with that process.

Our company refuses to cut corners just for a buck, if it's not done right don't bother.

bull

I think the best thing someone could reproduce for the '68-'69 grille is the outer headlight surrounds because those lower/outer tips always break off. I know a guy right now who's making just the tips for repair jobs. Every time I've tried to buy a good used outer piece off Ebay they go way out of my price range.

Grille center sections for both '68 and '69 would sell too but probably not as hot.

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: bull on December 02, 2008, 11:23:09 AM
I think the best thing someone could reproduce for the '68-'69 grille is the outer headlight surrounds because those lower/outer tips always break off. I know a guy right now who's making just the tips for repair jobs. Every time I've tried to buy a good used outer piece off Ebay they go way out of my price range.

Grille center sections for both '68 and '69 would sell too but probably not as hot.
Speaking of grille repair this stuff IS THE BEST!!!
I fixed high stress sections where there were bolt holes or tabs with no problem.  You can start off as a liquid and pour it in a crack and then as it thickens paste it on.  It hardens like fiberglass and bonds strong to the original plastic.  I fixed about 4 sections and nothing has pulled apart or cracked yet.  The stuff smells terrible, be sure to work in a place that has moving air.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/search-handle-url/index=blended&field-keywords=plastifix&results-process=default&dispatch=search/ref=pd_sl_aw_tops-1_blended_14142907_2&results-process=default
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

Blown70

Quote from: BEAPARTS on December 02, 2008, 08:27:36 AM
Do those 69 Charger Reproduction Taillights exist.  Does some other manufacture make them or has anyone ordered them and received them?
I think BE&A makes them.

Bezels yes, lenses no.  We have seriously considered making the 69 & 70 tail light lenses correctly from injected acrylic like back in the day.  I have also considered making the Charger grilles also, problem is, the current available products on the market makes it difficult to pull the trigger on such a large project.

The market is so small to begin with, how can a customer justify spending twice as much for a correct over the top quality part when there is a product available, no matter how bad it is, for half the price?  Think about it, we still have people asking about a company that, in my opinion, has been less that honest in their business dealings to the point their customers feel they have been lied to and cheated. 

The manufacturing process for producing parts with real tooling is astronomical compared to casted pieces like the grilles and lenses.  They could cut list pricing by 75% and still make money based on the production costs associated with that process.

Our company refuses to cut corners just for a buck, if it's not done right don't bother.

Well I am certain I am a minority, but I would easily pay $800 plus for a nice repop if done correctly.  I never like cheap or crappy made things.   I held out on these PPP, becasue I could not believe the quality was going to be there.

To me they have ruined the idea that anyone will step up in the near future to do them CORRECTLY.

Tom

XS29J

Don't waste your time or Money with them. Angela Sexton will lie in every word she speaks.
If you need to find out for yourself just try to get hold of someone in person on the phone.Won't happen... Be sure to cancel your credit card charge with them within the 60 day period allowed, PPR will say they need 12 weeks to deliver "A LIE" They have taken ME for $496 And I will spend the rest of my LIFE making sure everyone knows how bad an operation they run and how the are taking advantage of the MOPAR community for their own gains. GOOGLE them and read about a few others they have taken.

69RTSE

Who makes the taillights.  I know BEA makes the trim bezel for 69 Chargers, but who makes the taillights.  I think there would be a huge market for the taillights.

bill440rt

Quote from: 69RTSE on December 02, 2008, 07:24:34 PM
Who makes the taillights.  I know BEA makes the trim bezel for 69 Chargers, but who makes the taillights.  I think there would be a huge market for the taillights.

I couldn't agree more.
I've been on a parts quest for a looooong time now for a decent set of '69 tail lights with good bezels suitable for rechroming. Surprisingly, they have been one of the toughest parts to find during this whole restification of my '69.
Well, my wait finally came to an end this past weekend, as I scored not one but TWO sets fairly locally. I'm basically gonna make one really nice set from the pair.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

dkn1997

Quote from: BEAPARTS on December 02, 2008, 08:27:36 AM
I think BE&A makes them.

two things: 

1. While it looks like the charger grill is available,  there's another thread on here showing pics of the guys house abandoned and waiting a year for parts isn't available in my book.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again: i'd rather slide down a 60 foot razor blade on my balls landing in a bucket of iodine than have to deal with this kind of nonsense.

2.  since I just crashed my 68 charger and was in market for a grill, I found the only source for a like new part is a restored original.  I got prices from two different people of 2 grand. that's for the complete grill, soup to nuts with headlights, vacuum pods, metal frame, etc..

I ended up buying a mint used drivers side surround with headlight door, corner piece of bumper filler intact, but no chrome.  I am using this piece to restore my smashed original.  I paid 250 for it.  x that by 2 for both sides and add say another 250-300 for the center and you have at least 750 used for original grill plastic in good shape.  So I ask you BEA, could you manufacture these 3 pieces without headlight doors (they usually survive pretty good as they are very thick plastic compared to the rest) and sell them for somewhere near $1000.00 and still turn enough of a profit for it to be worth your while? 

while we are on the subject, these plastic pieces don't seem that intricate to me.  Could they be made of fiberglass and be streetworthy?

on a side note, on the recommendation of one of the companies I was going to by a restored grill from, I am using 3M 8115 panel bonding adhesive to repair my grill and it works great.  even dries black. files and sands good and holds like you read about.  even the small fins on the center section.  I will post a whole thread of my grill repair when it's done. 

RECHRGED

hemi-hampton

That 60 foot Razor blade comment sounds familiar :scratchchin:

69RTSE

How are the repo tail lenses made compared to the originals?

BEAPARTS

Quote from: 69RTSE on December 03, 2008, 12:00:06 AM
How are the repo tail lenses made compared to the originals?

Cast resin, originals are injected acrylic.

69RTSE

How are cast resin taillights inferior to injected acrylic; i.e., do they lose their shape, luster, or have a different appearance to OEM, etc.

dkn1997

Quote from: hemi-hampton on December 02, 2008, 11:53:23 PM
That 60 foot Razor blade comment sounds familiar :scratchchin:

I avoided the ride last time....barely    :eek:
RECHRGED

XS29J

The only place the SEXTONS should be allowed to make anything is next to the LICENSE PLATE factory in prison...DON"T fall for their False advertising...ITS A SCAM.

1969chargerrtse

I swear I saw brand new repo tail lamp lens assy on eBay. It was about 6 months ago.

The70RT

Their feedback tells the story:

Took over 1 1/2 months to recieve,promised to ship 2 times,grill is soft plastic rickv66 ( 192)  May-25-08 07:40
   (#250228985860)   

still have not got the grill paid in 11.01.08 vaugh2002 ( 198)  Apr-07-08 21:59
(#250203000300)

Received parts 32 days later! From only 50mi away - Unacceptable! wford101 ( 732)  Mar-13-08 11:27
(#250211166515)

Did not receive goods, will not return phone calls or respond to email messages. florida_auto ( 234)  Oct-17-07 08:32
  -- (#250166461081)

I have not received this item as of yet. Therefore no feedback to leave barrys9583 ( 11)  Jan-18-08 06:44
  -- (#250190039684)

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

JoeyGowdy

Thanks for the update on their status... kinda makes me want to mold my own reproductions :P
Sincerely, Joey Paul Gowdy