News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone have a pic of a 73 225 Slant Six engine compartment photo?

Started by WH23G3G, November 30, 2008, 11:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

I'm trying to make a collection of photos of all the engines available in 1973 Chargers as a Christmas gift. I've got a good shot of a 400-4bbl from Carlisle. I still need engine compartment shots of the 225,  318, 340, 400-2bbl, and 440. I like stock air cleaners and everything. Does anyone have high res shot that I can print out into a nice 4x6 to make this into a nice framed piece. 225 is definitely going to be the hardest one to find, I've only seen one on EBAY like 4 years ago and it was a nice one, but didn't save it.

Badbob

The engine in my Duster, has a 79 supersix conversion

WH23G3G

That's what I'm talkin about! That's how nice I wish my 73 Charger would look under the hood when I'm done. But I was wondering if anyone has an all original or restored slant six 73 Charger engine compartment shot.

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Chad L. Magee

I wish I could help you out with a picture, but my Charger /6 interests have been mostly in the second generation years.  The third generation Chargers with the /6 are even rarer than the ones that I have been after, so it will be quite the feat if you can come up with a good orginal engine compartment shot.  Alot of the /6 Chargers do not have the orginal engines in place anymore and those that do were usually driven to death (poor condition) or junked out.  I can remember seeing only one factory 1973 Charger with the /6 and it was sitting out in a farmers field in rather bad shape (400 in place of the /6, but the /6 was lying around nearby).  It ended up becoming demo derby fodder years later thanks to the owners kids.  You might have to settle with a /6 picture from another model.  Kudos on a good quest, hope you can finish it.....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......