News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

AC Vacuum diagram

Started by Hemidog, November 29, 2008, 05:26:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hemidog

I'm trying to figure out where my two vacuum lines are suppose to go inside the engine compartment, I've only seen ONE vacuum line going out of the firewall on other cars, but my grommet has two holes and two vacuum lines, and they look original.

I have seen this diagram, but it is for a 70 I think, and it doesnt fit my 3 vaccum pods and harness.
Does anyone have a ac vacuum diagram for a 68-69 car?

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Hemidog

Nah, sorry, that's just for the electrics.
I made a crude diagram, does anyone know where the two questionmarks should go? they both go through the firewall.

Hemidog

The grommet in the firewall is definitely untouched, so there is suppose to go two lines into the enginebay.
Been searching all over this forum, and could only find some vague answers about "AC Water bypass valve vacuum actuator"
Evidence #2: this engine bay pic of a 69, you can see two lines!

One of my lines has a white stripe, and the other is all black btw.

Just 6T9 CHGR

All the 69's that I know have only have one vacuum hose coming from the firewall for the heat/ AC including mine.

The factory picture you have is not for a 2nd gen B body.
the 68-69 water valve is  controlled by a cable and is mounted on the firewall.
Chris' '69 Charger R/T