News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Measurement Needed

Started by Needa68, November 28, 2008, 11:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Needa68

We are planning on painting our 68 Charger shortly, and have decided to use a custom color for the tail stripes. We believe we have the correct stripe dimensions (thank you dodgecharger.com), but are not sure about their positioning.

The 68 Stripe has V in it, and we wat to make sure we are reflecting that properly with regards to the distance from the edge of the deck lid. It would be great if someone could post up a picture of this measurement that we can use in our stripe application.

Many thanks,

Robert

Picture 1: The dimension we are looking for to make sure the stripes are aligned properly.

Picture 2: What we believe to be the actual stripe dimensions for a 68. (we found that here)

Drive fast, make the light.

The Mitchell & Mitchell 1968 Dodge Restorations

http://www.68dodgerestorations.com

Needa68

BUMP

...anyone out there have the measurements described below? We need to get these to the painter quickly.

Many thanks for all the help!

Rolling_Thunder

it is 3" on my car...   mine were painted on and they look just as they should with the side marker centered in the rear most  thick stripe
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Needa68

Mr. Thunder

You are a superstar. Thank you very much. :2thumbs:

Kazza68

Hi guys

This forum is gold. The decal guy is arriving shortly so I was also curious to know what to measurement is from the trunk lid tip to the edge of the closest stripe.

And here is the answer!!!

Thank you so much, these discussions are brilliant.

Cheers
Karen

HeavyFuel

Quote from: Rolling_Thunder on December 04, 2008, 12:02:48 AM
it is 3" on my car...   mine were painted on and they look just as they should with the side marker centered in the rear most  thick stripe

Yes Karen, this site is gold.....but sadly, not all information is correct.

The side marker is not centered on the rear thick stripe.  It should be centered on the thick and thin stripe together, treated as one, as per the diagrams below.  I know your question was about the distance of the stripe from the edge, hopefully you already knew about this little detail.

Kazza68

These original print is amazing! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this.

I printed it out and weused it last night. And we're all done! It looks amazing. You're right, I wasn't aware of those fine details so I am very grateful for your help.

Have a great day 😀

PS car still needs a couple more minor things before its road legal here in New Zealand, will definitely share a pic once it's done.