News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Found 8 digit number on RH side bottom of 400

Started by WH23G3G, November 27, 2008, 03:28:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

What does this number indicate? I found it on a pad that's on the RH side but not on the LH side. The characters are 6D181929. Mine is a 7-23-75 4006530-400-9 block. I didn't think after 73 they used the partial vin number on the block anymore. Is that the number is? Is there a way to find out what it indicates?

John_Kunkel

I believe '69 was the only year they stamped a full VIN in the block, all others got the partial VIN.

The partial VIN on your block is from a '76 car built at the Belvedere assembly plant. This coincides with the late (July) '75 casting date.
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.

WH23G3G

Is it not a truck block? On the machined pad below the distributor it says 6T400, 8 27, E. I thought that meant it was a 1976 truck 400 block, assembled on 8-27-1976, with a cast crankshaft. That's what Year One told me.

Ghoste

Actually I think the "T" stands for Trenton engine plant.

John_Kunkel

A "T" before the displacement stands for the Trenton engine plant, a "T" after the displacement means truck. Example:

6T400= Passenger car

6T400T= Truck
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.