News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What tool(s)/saw(s) do I need....

Started by jdiesel33, November 25, 2008, 10:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdiesel33

to remove the existing floor and trunk pans?

Thanks
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

Daytona R/T SE

Air Chisel to remove the bulk of the panels,Spot weld cutters and a grinder to remove the rest with a little "Finesse"

Mike DC

This is a pretty basic question.  If you're asking it, it makes be wonder whether you should really be attempting this job. 

AutoRust

In your other post you are "interviewing" guy that do this as side work?

:popcrn:

Nothing to see here folks, its just a Bluesmobile

jdiesel33

yeah, I was. Still not real sure about him, so now I was just trying to get an idea of what I would need for the diff parts of the job in case I decide to just learn and do it myself. I am having a hard time finding anyone that can do it for a reasonable price and in a somewhat timely fashion.
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

Daytona R/T SE

Quote from: jdiesel33 on November 26, 2008, 03:29:25 PM
I am having a hard time finding anyone that can do it for a reasonable price and in a somewhat timely fashion.

Welcome to the jungle.

Cuda Hunter

I use a Blue Point   high speed air saw.  Works great, cut out many a trunk.   

hemi-hampton

So you want it done fast & cheap, I assume top quality also :scratchchin: :rofl:  ::) LEON.

Mike DC

There's kind of a "stock" answer for learning bodywork or paying for it.

If you're only trying to get this one car done, and learning bodywork would be a means-to-an-end for completing it . . . then don't.  Pay a shop to do it for you.  The indirect costs of the tools & mistakes & parts & time you'd need to learn things usually aren't worth it for a single car. 

But if you're somewhat interested in learning this stuff, and you might wanna use it on other car projects in the future, and you have the shop space to even attempt it . . . then you should indeed think hard about just trying to learn it yourself.  Or even just learning to do portions of the job.

Some guys are mechanically/artistically minded enough to do this stuff, and some aren't.  You probably know the answer to that one already.