News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

73 Charger 440 Headers

Started by Moparbob, November 27, 2008, 09:40:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Moparbob

Hi Folks,

Can someone recommend a set of headers for my 73 charger 440? Also ant tips and tricks (installation ect) would be appreciated. Seems REAL tight on the right side of the car.
Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

flyinlow

I have Hooker comps on my 73. had to dimple a tube fot the power steering. Had to dimple the inner fender for one pipe on the pass. side.

Good ground clearence with a 440. Very close to torsion bars.

To install you jack the engine up as far as you can. if you don't have access to a lift. You will need extra tall jack stands. Install from undercar.

If you have colume shift you must install shift linkage inverted. Above mounting holes ,instead of below.

I have EDDY heads. Very tight on #2 and #8 plugs.

they are ok for price. ($240) Made in Mexico

Probably better fitting headers for more $

I installed new on a new engine break in and did not want to fry the coating on a $800 set of headers.

Moparbob

Thanks,

We have a full shop and mostly restore Chevy's but this is the first Mopar. Man I hate to dimple tubes,, any other work around?

Bob Norris
www.moparbob.com

God Bless America.

flyinlow

I was looking at the TTI 1 7/8 in headers. They are supposed to fit great. Work well with Eddy angle plug heads. Either $700 or $850 coated.

Schumaker has a try y set that looks like they fit great . 1 5/8 primarys that expand to 2 in after the initial bend. I don't like the small size but if you don't have to dimple them they may flow just as well. would like to hear from someone with them installed.