News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

retirement from ma mopar

Started by chargerjy9, November 26, 2008, 06:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerjy9

after over 30 years working in Design Office for Chrysler I have been asked to retire. for me, probably the best move.
I dont see much of a future there anymore. the last few weeks have been a surreal experience, the company is spinning into a downward spiral. In my opinion the team running the place is suspect to say the least.  IF the company survives, expect it to be more like the size of  a BMW.  as for me now I will have plenty of time to work on my Charger, so that is a good thing.
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

1969chargerrtse

Well, we thank you for your hard work, now go have some fun.  :2thumbs:  All 3 companies are spiraling downward. :'(
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

TeeWJay426

Enjoy your retirement, doing what you like instead of what you have to. From the sounds of how things are shaping up for the 'Big 3', getting out now with a pension probably makes you one of the lucky ones!
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

knitz01

I'm sure you will fill your time with that Charger :lol:

runningman

Congrats and have fun!  A large number of the salaried employees took the buyout at our plant.  Some of the crews have already been notified that they will have no boss come next Monday.  This should be interesting...

Skyview69

Congrats!  I sure hope your pension is safe....my Dad has been retired for eight years now...with the market crash...he is now going back to work  :rotz:

69*F5*SE

472 R/T SE

My Mom has been a comptroller with a couple Chrysler dealerships now for almost 25 years.  She's not directly with Mopar like you were but she's talking about early retirement now herself.  I don't think she'd stay retired though, not hard wired for that yet.
Thanks for your service to Ma all these years.  :2thumbs:

drifter69

Mike DC

Sounds like you got out just soon enough.

Ghoste

Enjoy the Charger and enjoy the retirement, congrats.

rav440

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

AKcharger

Good luck, I hope you retirement $$$$ are safe :rotz:

RECHRGD

Congratulations!!! :cheers: I've been retired for about a year now.  Go at a slow pace on the honey-do list.  The faster you go, the longer it becomes. :yesnod: :yesnod: I don't know how I ever had time to work.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

1FastCharger

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 26, 2008, 06:21:05 AM
Well, we thank you for your hard work, now go have some fun.  :2thumbs:  All 3 companies are spiraling downward. :'(

The whole damn country is spiraling downward.  :'(

I don't think many people will have a chance to retire in the future. I expect to have to work into my 70s. I will probably die before I can retire. Sad but true.
66 A100 - 68 Charger - 69 Charger

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

chargerjy9

thanks for all the kind words, they have helped a lot. I wasnt ready mentally or financially to retire. i will have to find something to supplement the pension, but i consider myself luckier than most who left.
1973 Dodge Charger SE 400 4 bbl,727, survivor
1977 AMC Pacer original
2011 Dodge charger R/T Max

2harleyriders

I am also an ex DC employee.  Take the pension now.  The gov will insure it up to 75 percent if you are currently drawing it.   Good luck.   
Thats how I roll.