News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can I start the engine?

Started by jdiesel33, November 25, 2008, 10:43:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdiesel33

Hopefully this isnt too stupid of a question. I have the gas tank out b/c I am getting the trunk and floor pans replaced. However, it will be a while before that happens and before the tank is back in. In the meantime, I want to try and get the engine up and running. If I have the two lines that go to the tank (i believe one is for outgoing and the other for incoming) in a large gas can or something of the sort, can the engine start and run normally and safely?

Also, the gauge cluster is out and wont be in for a while either. Can the engine start ok without all of that hooked up?

Thanks
Beginner
1968 Dodge Charger R/T
PP1,Black Hat, Black Stripes

1BAD68

I dont see any problem starting it like that

Sublime/Sixpack

Just be sure to rig it up so you don't end up having your container of gasoline catch fire!         And since you don't have your dash guages in place I would connect an oil pressure guage to the engine just to be sure there is oil pressure. 
1970 Sublime R/T, 440 Six Pack, Four speed, Super Track Pak