News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Seat latch - where can I get one of these?

Started by dspaulding70, January 25, 2009, 10:57:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dspaulding70

I need one for the driver side seat on my 70 charger.  Mine is broken so the seat does not lock into position.  It can be a little fun when you lock up the brakes but is a little dangerous I suppose.

Any idea if anyone makes these?  I posted it on the swap site but I have not had much luck finding one.

yeahitsgotahemi!

I would guess that is not an easy part to find. Certianly not reproduced.

If you had the tools, it looks like a simple bracket that could be rewelded and repaired.  If the damage is really bad, I'm sure you could fabricate something that would look like stock, and no one would be the wiser. Worse case you could take it to a fab shop and have them repair it. Hope that helps. 

CORRECTION -

My mistake, I noticed that year one actually had that in there catalog ... sorry.
"I don't advocate drugs, alcohol, violence or insanity to anyone, they just always worked for me"  - Hunter S. Thompson

Winged 1

;)
Drop moparsal here on the site a line, he might be able to help you out. If that dont work shoot me a line and I can hook you up with a couple of yards.
Eric

rick@laysons

That piece is reproduced, here is a copy/paste from my database........

Seat Brackets / Spacers
These brackets and spacers fit most all 1970-74 Mopars and even some later models with Bucket Seats.  They are part of the locking system to keep the seat from folding forward.  These wear or break or are just missing outright over a period of years.  Sold in sets of right and left with 4 spacers.
WO-BK7074            1970-74            A, B, E-Body Bucket Seats                        $ 32.95 pair

I have these in stock and ready to ship.