News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Does tranny fluid get into the speedo cable ?

Started by skip68, November 23, 2008, 08:17:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skip68

My speedo bounces around and I've noticed a leak on my floor of tranny fluid coming from the speedometer cable. This is a new cable and I've had trouble getting it to stay in the back of the speedo.  So is tranny fluid supposed to get in the speedometer cable ?  trans is a 727 auto.   :shruggy:    Chuck..............
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

BRS

There is a rubber o ring seal beneath the housing where your speedo cable attaches to the transmission. My bet is a bad seal is causing your leak. Tranny fluid does not go up into the cable. As far as the bouncing speedo it could be the speedometer itself or the cable is binding. Disconnect the cable (at the transmission and the speedometer) pull the cable out of it's casing and coat it with some white grease. That may correct the problem. Good luck  :2thumbs:

skip68

skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!