News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Saying Goodbye to my GL [w/ mockup image]

Started by joflaig, November 21, 2008, 07:48:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1969chargerrtse

Quote from: joflaig on November 22, 2008, 08:04:36 AM
Except for a GL I agree. have you ever seen a black with a subline stripe and minitub wide tires? I'm desperately trying to find images and I haven't sorting out the wheels yet either.
Isn't there someone here on the site that does photo work?  I've seen other threads where he added items and changed colors.  Maybe he can add a color stripe for you?

Update, found it.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21149.0.html
This car was sold many years ago to somebody in Wisconsin. I now am retired and living in Florida.

joflaig

Quote from: 1969chargerrtse on November 23, 2008, 06:52:25 AM
Quote from: joflaig on November 22, 2008, 08:04:36 AM
Except for a GL I agree. have you ever seen a black with a subline stripe and minitub wide tires? I'm desperately trying to find images and I haven't sorting out the wheels yet either.
Isn't there someone here on the site that does photo work?  I've seen other threads where he added items and changed colors.  Maybe he can add a color stripe for you?

Update, found it.

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,21149.0.html

Yes, thanks. I did post there yesterday. I can't beleive nobody knows of a car like this though with pics or something.

PocketThunder

Argimasters (sp?) old car was a black 68 with a green stripe and wing. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

joflaig

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 23, 2008, 09:51:18 AM
Argimasters (sp?) old car was a black 68 with a green stripe and wing. 

Can't seem to find that user... I had considered a plumy crazy stripe, but there is something sportier and slightly more agressive, I think to using sublime.

mikepmcs

it's actually arigmaster and his car doesn't have the color scheme you are looking for although he had a nice ride. :2thumbs: :cheers:
v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

joflaig

PocketThunder

Quote from: mikepmcs on November 23, 2008, 10:23:05 AM
it's actually arigmaster and his car doesn't have the color scheme you are looking for although he had a nice ride. :2thumbs: :cheers:
v/r
Mike

thats right, it was a purple wing, my mistake.   :slap:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

joflaig

What do you guys think of this 1st attempt? I will keep the tinting and raised white letter tires. I thought maybe the wheels hide the calipers too much. Not sure how chrome would look, I don't want too heavy and sinister a look. I thought I could balance the stripe by changing the color of the shoulder harness pads to the same thing...that wouldn't be going overboard. Of course, the wider tires with the mintub don't show here.

Ghoste

I think it looks great.  The calipers seem plenty visible to me and the stripe and tinting all of it just gives the car a real sinister look.

joflaig

Quote from: Ghoste on November 26, 2008, 04:34:55 AM
I think it looks great.  The calipers seem plenty visible to me and the stripe and tinting all of it just gives the car a real sinister look.

I'm not super crazy abou those wheels. I think the redline on the wheels does however contrast nicely with the red calipers, like on NASCAR wheels, and that doesn't seem to conflict with the green stripe. This is not meant to be a pro-touring car either, street/strip all the way.

TruckDriver

I like that! :drool5:

Now if we can get more people to turn their "General's" into something that cool :yesnod: :stirthepot:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

FlatbackFanatic

Love the green stripe! Maybe go with some 15x10 Craiger S/S and 15x8 in the front? just a thought. :shruggy:
Flatback Fanatic, Kurt  , MN

knitz01

I like it a lot :2thumbs: When you were explaining it I wasn't crazy about it, Must have a hard time imagining it.

sunroofblacklee

I agree looks good, not bad for you first atempt. Sorry about the two user names when they redid the site I couldnt get back under my old user name, forgot my password and didn't get a new one sent to me. I'm going with with the good year eagle gt 2 tires on mine like you have on yours right now. If you have any side shots of your lee with those tires on it could you post one for me, I would love to see it. Just want to make I like the font on those tires.
1969 dodge charger r/t 440, hemi 4 speed, dana 60, triple black

sunroofblacklee

One more question, what shade of window tint do you have on your car, 5%,20, 35%?
1969 dodge charger r/t 440, hemi 4 speed, dana 60, triple black

joflaig

Quote from: sunroofblacklee on November 26, 2008, 03:54:29 PM
One more question, what shade of window tint do you have on your car, 5%,20, 35%?

not sure, but 20-35% is probably in the right range. here's the best shot I have of the tire. it looks great shiny. i love white raised letters.

firefighter3931

The Sublime stripe looks cool !  :coolgleamA:

I'm not a fan of those wheels however.  :P

A chrome/polished alum wheel would look much better, inmo....especially on a Black Car !  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

mikepmcs

i agree, they fit Mikey's angrier, but I say get some chrome or polished ones as well.

joflaig

Quote from: firefighter3931 on November 27, 2008, 11:20:37 AM
The Sublime stripe looks cool !  :coolgleamA:

I'm not a fan of those wheels however.  :P

A chrome/polished alum wheel would look much better, inmo....especially on a Black Car !  :yesnod:

Ron

Yeah, the wheels are going to be the hardest thing to settle on. I don't like the angrier wheels to much either, they cover to much of the disc and caliper, for me, but I like the nascar wheels with the red strip,, but they have a similar problem, of course there are also those chrome or polished outside rim wheels with the black center spokes too.

mikepmcs

black and polished outer will look cheap IMHO.

i was always a fan of these myself

mikepmcs

mikepmcs

couple more am racing wheels

joflaig

Quote from: mikepmcs on November 27, 2008, 12:27:34 PM
black and polished outer will look cheap IMHO.

i was always a fan of these myself

I kind of agree that black wheels can look cheap especially with their popularity on so many ricers and also I am not building a pro-touring car. I like these wheels, but proably more for a drag car. I know it's vain, but I want to see and show off my fancy slotted and drilled discs and the 4 piston calipers.  ;)

joflaig

Quote from: mikepmcs on November 27, 2008, 12:33:49 PM
convo's ain't bad either

These are nice, again for me at least because they seem to be mor epolished than over-chromey, which I prefer, but they too cover to much up.