News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440Source Roller Lifters

Started by Musicman, September 09, 2008, 08:04:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Musicman

For those who may be interested, I see that 440Source is now selling roller lifter sets... $299.95

peepsrock

Just an FYI or buyer-beware.  I have a friend who just installed a set of these 440Sourse roller lifters, with LESS than good results.  Here is a portion of his email with details:

After installing the lifters on Sunday morning, I cleaned everything up and drove to our monthly Mopar club meeting which is about 50 miles round trip.  Everything ran fine.  We cruised up and back and I was happy with my upgrade.  Later that evening, I got in the Roadrunner to move it into the garage and all of a sudden I heard a clatter.  So I immediately shut it off.  This evening, I tore the valve covers off to see what the noise was.  There was nothing apparent in the valve train so I began to dig deeper.  I removed the intake manifold, pulled the valley pan and inspected the pushrods...no bent pushrods.  So I looked a bit farther and lo and behold the number 1 lifter pair had the link bar broken on it.  The rivet had fallen out and the number 1 exhaust lifter had spun in the bore scarring up the roller camshaft.  After further inspection, I found the number 3 exhaust lifter had popped its snap ring off and the plunger was jammed with the snap ring just laying in the lifter galley. ................... and I was told that there is no warranty on this sort of thing due to it being a performance item.  I had 50 miles on a supposed quality set of lifters and am now needing to not only replace another set of roller lifters but will have to also replace what was a perfectly good hydraulic roller camshaft.

Regarding the rivet, my friend said they are not flared at the end (like they were on the Crane lifters he had just removed).  Bottom line - 440Source offered to send him two new pairs, to replace the broken ones, but would do nothing about the other 6 pairs (that also have the poorly manufactured riveting in them).  (who in their right mind would leave those other 6 lifter pairs in their motor?????)

Once again, you get what you pay for.  Purchase at your own risk.

jerry

3 page post about this on moparts.

Musicman

Good post... Thanks Wes  :2thumbs:

I guess we can catagorize them as being about the same quality as their Roller Rockers...