News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

One of the very rare '68 383 2-bbl 4-speeds on eBay....

Started by Dans 68, November 19, 2008, 08:33:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dans 68

Guys,

Just thought I'd post this as these cars, specifically the two-barrel 4-speed variety, are the rarest '68 Chargers out there. Only 79 were made compared to 254 of the 4-barrel 4-speeds. Now, this car (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280286268619&_trksid=p2759.l1259) is missing the original engine, has a '69 front and back (ugh....) and is painted DOH! (apologies to Homer.... :rofl:) I guess it can always be restored.... :brickwall:

Cannot be more that a couple handfuls still existing. Interesting.... :scratchchin:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Charger_Fan

I bet Bull's car will look much better than that one when he's finished.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on November 20, 2008, 11:43:35 AM
I bet Bull's car will look much better than that one when he's finished.

I sure hope so, the pressure's on. :o

Since we're talking about my car right now, I just found out a minute ago that my engine is going to need a full rebuild. I was hoping the builder could reuse the pistons but he says the last bozo who worked on the engine put it together dirty and they're all scratched up along with the cylinder walls so it might need to go .040 over (it's .030 over now). Fortunately the crank, connecting rods and block are quite usable so the rest can be purchased, albeit expensive. I hope it doesn't cost too much.

Dans 68

Bull,

Are you taking it back to original, including color? I recollect you having misgivings regarding the paint... :scratchchin:

Either way it should be gorgeous (and I mean that in a very manly way :icon_smile_wink:).

Dan

1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Chad L. Magee

Dan-  I think it was one of 74 if my memory serves me right, Bull would know for sure.  The owner did not show a picture of the fender tag, which would be nice to see.  This one made me a bit sick to see as a GL clone, as it was the wrong year and a very rare one too boot.....
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

Dans 68

Chad,

You are correct. It is one of 74 2-bbl's, and 259 4-bbl's. I was flying more than a little under the radar when I posted that.... :brickwall:

Good beer does that.  :yesnod:  A GL clone...on a very rare car. Go figure.  :P Hah!

Dan

CB

Quote from: Dans 68 on November 20, 2008, 02:03:37 PM
:  A GL clone...on a very rare car. Go figure.  :P Hah!

If they only would have painted and stickered it,... but hacking the rear and grill??  :o :icon_smile_angry:
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

PocketThunder

Quote from: CB on November 20, 2008, 02:21:46 PM

If they only would have painted and stickered it,... but hacking the rear and grill??  :o :icon_smile_angry:

But thats the way to make a real general isnt it? 

Dans68:  Bull already went with Black. 
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

bull

Quote from: PocketThunder on November 20, 2008, 03:45:08 PM
Quote from: CB on November 20, 2008, 02:21:46 PM

But thats the way to make a real general isnt it? 

Dans68:  Bull already went with Black. 

Yea, I just couldn't get attached to that green... and I've always wanted a black '68 Charger. But the color is pretty much the only thing that won't be stock, other than some of the typical upgrades done to these cars such as front dics brakes. And it will be a 4bbl car when I'm done with it since the original engine was bored .030 over and set up that way when I got it.

Ghoste

I never realized the four barrel version was so uncommon as well.