News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Burnt '69 up for auction

Started by 69bronzeT5, November 19, 2008, 03:27:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Your avatar pic from the same show where those two photos were taken?  (just asking, no reason)

moparstuart

Quote from: Ghoste on December 05, 2008, 11:48:18 AM
Your avatar pic from the same show where those two photos were taken?  (just asking, no reason)
yes a car show in wichita kansas ,  I was wearing the  same shirt in both pictures , the one with the hood open was this year in lawrence Ks. on the cruise across kansas with dc.com members RD jamie and  The 70 R/T dennis 

one more with the birdible & lebaron convert's

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

moparstuart

word is they may have paid  20k for this car ? wow thats a pretty penny even with the hemi , dana and tremec   

Steve P.

For those interested in learning to repair/replace the wiring and gauge nightmare that more than likely torched this car, follow this link. It uses a Dodge truck for it's example, but the same rules apply:

http://www.madelectrical.com/electricaltech/amp-gauges.shtml

Even if you are sure everything is great under your dash this is a very good read.  Also they cover much more if you look around inside their site....

My .02
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

PocketThunder

Quote from: Steve P. on December 16, 2008, 05:41:22 AM
For those interested in learning to repair/replace the wiring and gauge nightmare that more than likely torched this car, follow this link. It uses a Dodge truck for it's example, but the same rules apply:

http://www.madelectrical.com/electricaltech/amp-gauges.shtml

Even if you are sure everything is great under your dash this is a very good read.  Also they cover much more if you look around inside their site....

My .02
Thank you, that was a good read...  :2thumbs:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Steve P.

I looked for a thread I started long ago on this subject. No luck. It may have even been long enough ago to have been on the old site..

Maybe we should sticky it in the electrical area.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

moparstuart

went to store wayne perkins newly painted charger 500 away today . Stopped by and checked on the progress on the crispy 69 hemi clone . They have tons of new blue interior on ordered ,dont have it all yet.

moparstuart

:drool5: rubber around the vent window, nice and spongy/runny

moparstuart

:popcrn:

moparstuart

crisy cluster

moparstuart

:drool5:

moparstuart

:drool5:

tan top

make a good start on it then  :yesnod:...did they  find out where /what  caused the fire  :scratchchin: ..... :popcrn: 

Good pictures Stuart  :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

moparstuart

Quote from: tan top on January 03, 2009, 08:01:19 PM
make a good start on it then  :yesnod:...did they  find out where /what  caused the fire  :scratchchin: ..... :popcrn: 

Good pictures Stuart  :2thumbs:
Not for sure but there was a can shaped object sitting on one of the seats.  Gas can ?

Just 6T9 CHGR

Nice quad shock setup on the rear....I think that's PSC's GroundPounder set up (or something like that)
Someone put some $$ into that ride
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

moparstuart

Quote from: NOT Just 6T9 CHGR on January 04, 2009, 06:46:40 AM
Nice quad shock setup on the rear....I think that's PSC's GroundPounder set up (or something like that)
Someone put some $$ into that ride
yeah hemi , tremec 5 speed and dana with disc brakes.  He got 85 k settlement from the insurance company .  :shruggy:  But did he gas it  ?

WingCharger

WOW! Just noticed! THAT HEMI HAS A/C!! :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :drool5: :o :o :o :o :o :o
Sweet car otherwise the fire! :icon_smile_big:

nitrousn

QuotePower comes in from the batt, to the ign switch, through the ammeter & back out to the battery

Not true. Battery power comes in from fuse link off the starter relay goes through the bulkhead comes in to the ammeter passes through the ammeter and comes out and goes to a splice where it then feeds the ignition switch, brake warning switch, fuse panel, and alternator.

squeakfinder

Quote from: nitrousn on January 05, 2009, 10:10:47 PM
QuotePower comes in from the batt, to the ign switch, through the ammeter & back out to the battery

Not true. Battery power comes in from fuse link off the starter relay goes through the bulkhead comes in to the ammeter passes through the ammeter and comes out and goes to a splice where it then feeds the ignition switch, brake warning switch, fuse panel, and alternator.

Just curious. Who are you quoting? Don't think I saw that post.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

nitrousn

Quote from: squeakfinder on January 06, 2009, 12:36:24 PM
Quote from: nitrousn on January 05, 2009, 10:10:47 PM

Just curious. Who are you quoting? Don't think I saw that post.

QuoteRe: Burnt '69 up got auction
« Reply #44 on: November 21, 2008, 08:31:56 PM » Quote 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Yes, the ign switch.  try and start the car without the inst cluster installed and you'll see what I mean (ammeter wires disconnected)
Power comes in from the batt, to the ign switch, through the ammeter & back out to the battery (simplified)

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

moparstuart

Arizona Dave

Quote from: The70RT on November 20, 2008, 01:47:22 PM
Quote from: Hemidoug on November 20, 2008, 11:12:07 AM
The amp gauge is a known fire hazard....many cars have had the same thing happen. Best way to avoid this problem is to convert to a voltage gauge. I know when I have mine done this winter that is what I'm going to do.....

I sent mine in a couple weeks ago and they called a couple days ago and asked If I wanted it converted to volts and I went ahead and said go ahead and do it. It will cost me a extra 75 though.

Hi.  Who did you send your gauges into?  I need mine done too.  Thanks,
Dave
High Speed & Low Drag, Baby!
Look me up when you're in AZ.
Arizona Dave

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

moparstuart

sitting at the body shop waiting on the guy to get motivated .  They are out in the middle of nowhere kansas so they dont have too many options . Also only so many body shops know how to handle a burnt cars sheet metal .