News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Site Update

Started by Troy, October 20, 2008, 11:11:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Troy on October 22, 2008, 09:12:03 AM
The setting says "Show view profile button under post?". Not the most descriptive thing is it? (Because you can view the profile by clicking on the user name so I didn't think it was necessary to have a button.)

Troy

That's the way it used to be on the old (Jesse's) site, if I recall. So us old timers shouldn't have a problem with that...it's just all these newbies that'll be lost for a while. :lol:

Thanks for all you're doing, and I'm glad you know WHAT you're doing. Me, I bet I'd screw it up royally. ::)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Troy

Ok, I figured out the image deal - the install screwed up. Hopefully that's all that didn't work correctly. I ran the update on the old server and it went perfectly fine (in less than 15 minutes too) so I copied the data. After that I promptly broke the old server trying to make the image resizer work and now it's completely dead. I'm not too excited about trying that here now.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Troy

Got the image resizer to work and it's pretty disappointing. All it does is make clickable thumbails but the original image still has to be within the limits. Glad I didn't break the server for that!

Troy

XS29J8

Quote from: Troy on October 20, 2008, 11:11:49 AM
I tried to do this over the weekend but it took nearly a whole day to transfer all the files to the new server (lots of pictures). I finally got it all set up this morning so I'm going to go ahead and transfer everything today at 12:30 Eastern time. You should initially see a message that the site is being updated and then (hopefully) you'll see an updated forum on the new server. Sorry for any inconvenience but there doesn't seem to be a really good time to do this and it's long overdue.

Troy

Hi Troy. the site looks great and does remind me of cuda challenger.com now.............I use firefox for most of my browsing and the site won't let me login. I went back thru explorer and was able to sign in easily. Is firefox not allowed or is there a glitch?

Steve
HEMI 68 CHARGER R/T- 4-SPEED- 3.54 DANA- PP1 RED- BLACK VINYL TOP- PEARL WHITE UPHOLSTERY-STRIPE DELETE- AM 8 TRACK- NON CONSOLE- DRIVEN YEAR ROUND IN SOUTHWEST FLORIDA http://900z1.multiply.com/  http://kawasaki-z-classik.com/index.php  https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AmY22PaMZ1H3dFczVWR2ZlJaX1BvTDFIVUdUZVlseWc&hl=en&authkey=CPi1hp8J#gid=0

Troy

Hmmm, I kept the same cookie name in the hopes  that it wouldn't require people to log in again. I guess that failed but it could be the source of problems for anyone having difficulty logging in. I did notice that I had to log in several times while I was installing and testing (using Firefox 3). Try deleting any cookies from dodgecharger.com and see if that helps.

Troy

The70RT

I have no problem getting on with I. E. or Mozilla.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Dans 68

Using Firefox 3.03 (on a Mac) I only needed to sign on the one time.... :cheers:

Dan
1973 SE 400 727  1 of 19,645                                        1968 383 4bbl 4spds  2 of 259

Silver R/T

I've noticed that some of my older pm's in inbox are not there anymore. I guess they got deleted to clean up some space?
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Troy

Quote from: Silver R/T on October 24, 2008, 09:28:03 PM
I've noticed that some of my older pm's in inbox are not there anymore. I guess they got deleted to clean up some space?
I didn't delete anything. According to the backups you have exactly the same number of PMs as you did before the upgrade. The oldest one currently in your inbox is from the end of July 2005. :shruggy:

Troy

73TXRallye440

what about the option if you put your mouse over the thread title line it gives a synposis of the first portion of the post without clicking on it? :shruggy:

Troy

Quote from: 73TXRallye440 on October 25, 2008, 04:42:51 PM
what about the option if you put your mouse over the thread title line it gives a synposis of the first portion of the post without clicking on it? :shruggy:
I broke that. I'll see if I can get it working again.

Troy

BigBlockSam

Hey Daddy-o . I'm digging the changes in the site. i find myself  exploring other sections . beside the Aero section.

i think it's easier to navigate now . if you need donations let me know .       :faint:     Rene
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

nakita7

I don't mind the upgrade at all, but, as stated already by others, it looks a lot like C-C.com. I understand it's a template and all that, and I don't mind if it's the same template, but could you at least change the colour from blue to something else? Just an idea...

Troy

From a different thread.............
Quote from: Troy on October 24, 2008, 12:31:46 PM
Yeah, yeah, working on it. I had to pick the default theme to get some of the features I wanted but I working on migrating to another. I wanted to make sure it was functional before worrying too much about the looks.

Troy
Yes, the template will change. Yes, the color will change. It could be worse... I could have lost all the pictures, deleted all the posts, or broken half the site...

Troy

nakita7

Brock Samson

I noticed the " show last ten posts"  function has been replaced by the thread titles of the last five..  :scratchchin:

:shruggy:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Brock Samson on October 31, 2008, 10:15:01 AM
I noticed the " show last ten posts"  function has been replaced by the thread titles of the last five..  :scratchchin:

The last posts feature is still there , just scroll down a little further.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Troy

Quote from: 1hot68 on October 31, 2008, 10:21:51 AM
Quote from: Brock Samson on October 31, 2008, 10:15:01 AM

The last posts feature is still there , just scroll down a little further.
Yep, in the "Forum Stats" just under "Latest Post: ...". The one at the top (if there was one) with the user information is gone along with the PM stats. I'm probably going to remove that latest post list but I'm still playing with the layout.

Troy

69*F5*SE

Thanks for all you do with the site Troy. I feel blessed that we all have a place to come together and share information etc..  Ted

:2thumbs:  :yesnod:  :2thumbs:

bull

Quote from: nakita7 on October 27, 2008, 11:02:31 PM
I don't mind the upgrade at all, but, as stated already by others, it looks a lot like C-C.com. I understand it's a template and all that, and I don't mind if it's the same template, but could you at least change the colour from blue to something else? Just an idea...

It looks just fine as-is IMO. I'm never on C-C.com so I don't give a rat's a$$ if it looks the same or not.

Silver R/T

site works nice, loads fast, good job Troy
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Brock Samson

:bow:

:scratchchin:

So Boss what's the deal with the chat room?..
It's been more then a year now...
I miss the 'ol crew..  :blahblah: