News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

HELP me decide on tail stripe color (69 Charger)

Started by R2, November 17, 2008, 07:26:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R2

Which do you guys like ?  :popcrn:

White or Red ?????????:scratchchin:

(ps,,,how hard is it to remove an existing stripe ???)

Thanks go out to ds440 for the photo shop work...... :2thumbs:

SFRT

Always Drive Responsibly

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ghoste

Chris G.

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

68charger383

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

R2

White is what is on the car now,,,,,and i do like it,,,
I have never seen a red stripe on "my" car,,,,until ds440 photo shopped it,,,,
I like both,,,,,lol
not sure if it is worth pulling the old stripe off,,,,but it is cool to see the difference,,,,,

keep the opinions coming,,,thanks guys,
Doug :popcrn: :2thumbs:

tan top

both look good    :coolgleamA:  ..but i think i would stick with white  :yesnod:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

BlaineKaiser450

1969 Plymouth Satellite - 440 - 727 - 3.73 - 8 3/4 Suregrip

1993 Dodge W350 Dually

1999 F250 7.3

Ghoste

As for how hard they are to remove, I've seen them come off pretty easy and other that came off in little pieces.  Not usually too bad though.

71ChallengeHer

mikepmcs

white for me as well.  If you had a red interior, then my opinion might be different. 
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

472 R/T SE

Quote from: R2 on November 17, 2008, 07:26:45 PM

I'm fixin' to find this out myself.  Hopefully it hasn't been long enough to affect the color underneath or pull up the paint.

What's does your car originally call for?

The red on black looks great, I suppose that's why you see it being done so much.  :shruggy:

What about a black stripe?  If I had to chose it'd be white simply cause you don't see it as much.
Thing about decal stripes you can change them out like wheels, just cost a little more.

Just 6T9 CHGR

RED

And lose the R/T emblem...a big pet peeve of mine :nono:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: R2 on November 17, 2008, 07:26:45 PM

Not important what color I like...   it's what YOU like.  :coolgleamA:

As for pulling them off...  plan on several hours with a heat gun on low.  A can of 3m adhesive remover helps remove the small bits and cleans up the residue.

Start from an edge and heat ahead of what you're pulling up slowly and keep the gun moving at all times.    Plastic bondo spreaders can help trying to lift also.

I pulled off my silver stripe a long while ago. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

Back N Black

I pondered over the red verses white for a couple of weeks. I went with the Red, no regrets.  :2thumbs:

Charger-Bodie

I vote for a black stripe!! But if thats just not an option for you I say red.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

joflaig

How about sublime? I have yet to see a black charger with a sublime stripe, seriously considering it for myself anyway...

baullz

Thats a tough choice but I say stick with the white and leave the Emblem however if you go with red leave the emblem off.

jaak

red,red,red,red,red,red,rered,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,rred,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,redred,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,rered,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,rred,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,redred,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,rered,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,rred,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,redred,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,red,

Did I mention red?

Jason

bull

I would go with white, silver or black. You can't do red, your buddy Ron already did that. ;)

richRTSE

Hi Doug,

I had a hard time deciding between red and white when I had my car painted, but you already know which one I chose... :icon_smile_big:

Rich

richRTSE

Doug, have you thought about no stripe? I believe you told me your car was a stripe-delete, like mine. I have thought about just removing the white stripe and adding the R/T badges. Here's a pict from the Mopar Nats a couple years ago...looks pretty good, I think... :2thumbs:

Marck

I'm thinking either white stripe or stripe delete.. Both would be awesome...  :2thumbs: